Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 07-04-2006, 03:37 AM   #31
Phoenix_Suns1
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Phoenix_Suns1 has an OK reputation so far

Ok...so if you recieve a job offer worth a considerable amount more than what ur already getting ur not gonna take it...:rollingeyes:
Phoenix_Suns1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:07 AM   #32
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

Young HkM is considered somewhat coolYoung HkM is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KempSonics
The guy is what is wrong with sports. Did he forget that Dumars offered him TRIPLE what anyone was offering him when he was a free agent with the Magic? Did he forget the 6 years in detroit where he became an icon? That city loved him. The guy is a joke. Leaving Detroit in shambles for more money. What a punk. I have no respect for players like him. No loyalty. I thought those guys would be together for a loong time. They were a joy to watch together. the 2004 and 2005 NBA finals were among the best. Detroit offered him 52 million and he leaves. What did he expect? This isn't the same Ben from 4 yrs ago and keeping a starting 5 like that together is hard. Still he was offered more than enough. He should've retired a Piston. As an NBA fan it's sad to see him playing for another team. To top it off he goes to a hated division rival. It's getting harder and harder to like these athletes. You understand guys like Peja,Vlad,Speedy,etc leaving. Not a guy with Ben's status and what he means to that franchise and what that franchise did for him. They made him.

Sorry for the long rant. And yes I registered just to post that. Thank you.

As much as I want to agree with you I can't. The NBA is a business and it's all about money. Some players will remain loyal, but others wont.
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:12 AM   #33
chauzer
I brick open layups

chauzer has an OK reputation so far

its a business, who cares about loyalty to your team.
chauzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:13 AM   #34
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

imo ben is leaving because of flip.
His statements during last season pointed in this direction anyway. Saunders has no spine as a coach. Can't blame Ben for wanting out.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:13 AM   #35
chauzer
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Suns1
Ok...so if you recieve a job offer worth a considerable amount more than what ur already getting ur not gonna take it...:rollingeyes:
of course not, ive been with this company for the last 5 years and our customers love seeing us together!!
Old 07-04-2006, 04:14 AM   #36
KempSonics
Local High School Star

KempSonics has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

The Pistons offered him 4 yrs and 52 million dollars. That's not low balling. They have Chauncey up for Free Agency next. To keep a starting 5 like that together, players have to make small sacrifices. Even still, I thought 52 million was fair for Ben. Don't forget that Dumars gave Ben way more than anyone was offering when Ben was a FA a long time ago. Lack of respect? Ben knew how much he was respected. Why was Dumars trading Darko, Corliss, Arroyo,etc? To clear room for Ben. Ben was a sell out. PLain and simple. To top it off he went to the hated division rivals. It was a b!tch move.
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:30 AM   #37
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Wow. This is insane.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:37 AM   #38
chauzer
I brick open layups

Quote:
The Pistons offered him 4 yrs and 52 million dollars. That's not low balling. They have Chauncey up for Free Agency next. To keep a starting 5 like that together, players have to make small sacrifices. Even still, I thought 52 million was fair for Ben. Don't forget that Dumars gave Ben way more than anyone was offering when Ben was a FA a long time ago. Lack of respect? Ben knew how much he was respected. Why was Dumars trading Darko, Corliss, Arroyo,etc? To clear room for Ben. Ben was a sell out. PLain and simple. To top it off he went to the hated division rivals. It was a b!tch move.
a b!tchmove is wanting to make more money and taking care of yourself
Old 07-04-2006, 04:49 AM   #39
blinkbizk87
I airball my layups

blinkbizk87 has an OK reputation so far

the thing is, im sure none of us really know the deal behind what Pistons offered him, i know we all read that it was a 52mil 4 year contract, but maybe there were some clause in it that could hurt him in the long run, im sure that was a team option on wallace after like the third year, or he would get less money if he got injured, and stuff like that, plus i mean that pistons team was boring, they were straight up all Defense, and had no offensive excitement, truthfully all the highlights pistons had were of ben wallace on the defensive end, and like a couple times where tayshun had a nice block to win a game and chauncey made a shot to win the game, but thats it, its good to see ben go to a different scenery, and im sure he got a guaranteed contract with only player options, and EXTRA money if he helped the team accomplish something since they havent for a while. its gonna be interesting to see how Pistons adapt to this new feeling, who will replace big ben, and itll be fun to see ben lead the bulls to bigger heights, its gonna the bulls of two years ago that made it to the playoffs with 4 rookies, except now those rookies r much more developed, and theyll have ben wallace at center instead of eddy curry, gotta admit, itll be fun to watch, and who knows, maybe ben wallace has money problems, maybe he has a big family to take care of so the extra money recieves could help a lot, u cant really criticize unless u know him personally, and know about his life, none of us really know how much money he has, we know he made a lot, but who knows where it went, look at manute bol, made some good nba money, now hes broke, so Ben is definitely not something thats wrong with sports, and lets just say if samuel dalembert can make 10mil a year, ben wallace deserves a good 13/14mil a year contract, piston fans thank ben for what he did and let him be, u dont know the mans situation, maybe hell have more fun in chicago, its definitely a funner team to watch

also think of it this way, uve grown up in a tough neighborhood, u didnt have much money, u rely on basketball and didnt get drafted, u work hard while still living a lower than decent life, u finally make it to the nba, u get a 36mil/6 year contract which u deserved, then u do better than expected and still make 6mil a year when u should be gettin atleast 10mil, and now u have a chance to make 60mil in just 4 years, cmon, tell me u would not pass up on a deal, plus ben never promised hed stay in detroit, he said somethin will get figured out, hell check his options, and truthfully its good to see him move on, hes no MJ on the bulls, hes no Kobe on the lakers, hes no Reggie on the pacers, hes no Malone on jazz, hes no David Robinson on the spurs, hes more like a dennis rodman, hes great but he does his job with one team, and moves on, just like the great Chamberlain did, and just like the great Kareem Abdul Jabbar did, George Gervin did it, and so on

Last edited by blinkbizk87 : 07-04-2006 at 04:57 AM.
blinkbizk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:52 AM   #40
laalaa
Original Lakers FAM

laalaa has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
The NBA is a business and it's all about money.
This proves a few things about your personality (along with all the others who say the same thing).

Dodging responsibility that you lack anyway and just accept something that's wrong, meaning accept the league as a business like the ones in the office want it, not necessarily the case with all the players. As if it was someone else's responsiblity to make a change. Sheep of wolf?
Same ratrace you face in real life in the society. Your vision gets blurry, money becomes the main goal. You grab on whatever is close by and easy to catch. Nothing wrong with having a decent pay check but maintain some balance. Do you want to be remembered as an overpaid, greedy player who played it only for money or as a player who loved his job. What kind of tracers do you wish to leave in to the book of history, it's up to you.

That's what divides the league and slowly but surely is killing the sport as well.
laalaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:58 AM   #41
chauzer
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by laalaa
This proves a few things about your personality (along with all the others who say the same thing).

Dodging responsibility that you lack anyway and just accept something that's wrong, meaning accept the league as a business like the ones in the office want it, not necessarily the case with all the players. As if it was someone else's responsiblity to make a change. Sheep of wolf?
Same ratrace you face in real life in the society. Your vision gets blurry, money becomes the main goal. You grab on whatever is close by and easy to catch. Nothing wrong with having a decent pay check but maintain some balance. Do you want to be remembered as an overpaid, greedy player who played it only for money or as a player who loved his job. What kind of tracers do you wish to leave in to the book of history, it's up to you.

That's what divides the league and slowly but surely is killing the sport as well.
wow, you can tell what his peronsality is like by one statement he makes
Old 07-04-2006, 05:06 AM   #42
blinkbizk87
I airball my layups

blinkbizk87 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by laalaa
Nothing wrong with having a decent pay check but maintain some balance. Do you want to be remembered as an overpaid, greedy player who played it only for money or as a player who loved his job. What kind of tracers do you wish to leave in to the book of history, it's up to you.

as much as it is a sport, its still a job for ben wallace and the of the players, and its still a way for them to earn money the same way regular people go work 9-5 and make money. hell still be remembered as a great player, and maybe he needs the extra money so he had to take the bulls up on the offer they gave him. sometimes u gotta do whats better for u than whats better for the sport. pistons should of disscused this more with ben rather than waiting till now and jsut giving him a contract, they couldve worked out a contract extension last year, so this wouldnt happen, or atleast they would know what wallace expects of the team, but instead they waited till now and it all blew up in their face.

Last edited by blinkbizk87 : 07-04-2006 at 05:19 AM.
blinkbizk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 05:08 AM   #43
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

^^^.......huh?
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 05:13 AM   #44
sixty
Good High School Starter

sixty has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I'm just dissapointed in Ben. His reputation is likely tarnished forever. He should've retired a Piston and had his jersey in the rafters. Money isn't everything, especially when you have so much of it. Where's the character? I don't like how the Pistons dealt Darko, Corliss, Arroyo and other integral pieces just so they could take care of Ben. This is a cold business.

Word. But all in all NBA is still just a business.
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 05:15 AM   #45
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Interesting. It's OK for unproven and injury-prone youngsters to get the max, but if a proven veteran like Ben wants his share, he's Judas personified.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: