Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-27-2007, 10:17 PM   #1
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default De La Hoya vs. Mayweather

Im pulling for Mayweather but i have some doubts in the back of my mind about this one. Oscar has the exirience but Floyd is just so skilled and quick and he has some great power. Im taking Mayweather in a unanimous desicion but i could see it going either way. I dont think there will be a knockout happening.

So who do you guys got in this one?
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:23 PM   #2
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation
Default Re: De La Hoya vs. Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Im pulling for Mayweather but i have some doubts in the back of my mind about this one. Oscar has the exirience but Floyd is just so skilled and quick and he has some great power. Im taking Mayweather in a unanimous desicion but i could see it going either way. I dont think there will be a knockout happening.

So who do you guys got in this one?

de la hoya has more power than floyd. floyd's quicker and harder to hit, but he hasnt faced the competition de la hoya has. its gonna be interesting to see how floyd takes oscars left hook, but i dont think he'll take too many as i see him playing it safe and winning by points and defense.
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:37 AM   #3
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Mayweather will win. May even knock him out. Oscar's got to fight a smart fight.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:46 AM   #4
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

this is going to be Mayweather's toughest fight for sure. I think Floyd is just too small fighting a guy like De La hoya, second, he's never fought someone with a great consistent Jab that oscar posseses. Both fighters are smart, and they're hungry. This is pretty boy's last fight according to him and it's time for DLH to put the finishing touches on what has been a magnificent career. but in the end, floyd's speed will probably end up being too much too handle, unless he breaks his hand during the fight again i don't see de la hoya winning.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:50 AM   #5
jerky10
Decent playground baller

jerky10 has not been impressing people

PBF will win. Oscar maybe bigger but PBF is just one hella boxer. He's got everything in his arsenal.
jerky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:51 AM   #6
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

This thread has already been done.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37858

There's also a Cotto vs. Judah thread.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:02 PM   #7
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
this is going to be Mayweather's toughest fight for sure. I think Floyd is just too small fighting a guy like De La hoya, second, he's never fought someone with a great consistent Jab that oscar posseses. Both fighters are smart, and they're hungry. This is pretty boy's last fight according to him and it's time for DLH to put the finishing touches on what has been a magnificent career. but in the end, floyd's speed will probably end up being too much too handle, unless he breaks his hand during the fight again i don't see de la hoya winning.

Where did you hear this was PBF's last fight?
Old 04-28-2007, 12:06 PM   #8
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nearly every promotion he's done for the fight since his last fight.

Anyway, if a younger Hoya couldn't beat Sugar Shane I don't see how he's gonna beat SUper Sugar SHane.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 05:16 PM   #9
GTO
I airball my layups

GTO has an OK reputation so far

hit and run Mayweather.

i want to see Oscar beat his ass though.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 07:53 PM   #10
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Where did you hear this was PBF's last fight?

hes been saying that since the fight was planned. it doesnt mean very much at all. chances are they are just trying to get more PPV buys. if they actually stood by their words, de la hoya would be long retired, hopkins woulda retired 5 fights ago, etc.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:58 PM   #11
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
hes been saying that since the fight was planned. it doesnt mean very much at all. chances are they are just trying to get more PPV buys. if they actually stood by their words, de la hoya would be long retired, hopkins woulda retired 5 fights ago, etc.

Good i dont wanna see Flyod go yet he is still on top of his game. I would love to see him fight some more top oponnents like Sugar Shane.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:09 PM   #12
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Good i dont wanna see Flyod go yet he is still on top of his game. I would love to see him fight some more top oponnents like Sugar Shane.

de la hoya said he was definite he would retire before 30, hes 34 now and hopkins said 40, hes 42 now with a fight scheduled vs winky wright later this year. his statement doesnt mean much, but who knows what he'll do, this fight could help him decide. i think floyd would beat shane, but floyd says he wouldnt fight him anyway cuz when he was coming up trying to make a name for himself, shane wouldnt give him the time of day and now that floyd is the top dog, he isnt gonna give shane a easy payday before shane retires. most of the stuff boxers say is bs anyway so again who knows. i would love to see floyd fight winky wright tho. 2 great technical boxers, only problem is winky wright isnt a big draw.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:13 PM   #13
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
de la hoya said he was definite he would retire before 30, hes 34 now and hopkins said 40, hes 42 now with a fight scheduled vs winky wright later this year. his statement doesnt mean much, but who knows what he'll do, this fight could help him decide. i think floyd would beat shane, but floyd says he wouldnt fight him anyway cuz when he was coming up trying to make a name for himself, shane wouldnt give him the time of day and now that floyd is the top dog, he isnt gonna give shane a easy payday before shane retires. most of the stuff boxers say is bs anyway so again who knows. i would love to see floyd fight winky wright tho. 2 great technical boxers, only problem is winky wright isnt a big draw.

Yeah a Winky vs. Mayweather bout would be fun to watch but i dont think it is likely to happen. Who do you think Floyd's next opponents could be?
Old 04-28-2007, 08:26 PM   #14
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Yeah a Winky vs. Mayweather bout would be fun to watch but i dont think it is likely to happen. Who do you think Floyd's next opponents could be?

well antonio margarito has been calling him out for a while now, but with him not being too well known, it wouldnt be worth the risk for floyd. margarito has a fight coming up against another big up and comer, paul the punisher williams, who also isnt yet a big name. who knows maybe the winner of that fight will make a big splash and get the fans excited. whatever floyd does after this fight if he wins will most likely only take fights against some of the more well known opponents, as fighting bums would be pointless and fighting young up and comers would be a no win situation. now that i look at it he may have to fight mosely next (if he continues to fight) being that hes another legend/big name in the class. another possibility would be cotto (if he beats zab). or if he bulks up and moves up another weight class theres guys like winky, jermain taylor. but if i had to throw out a guess i would say either cotto or the margarito/williams winner
Old 04-28-2007, 08:34 PM   #15
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Yeah it looks like Cotto to me unless he loses to Zab and i dont know if Floyd would want to move up to fight Taylor or Winky. I wish him and Shane didnt have that grudge because that would be an amazing fight.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: