Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-01-2007, 10:03 PM   #1
KingLeBronJames
LeBron GOAT

KingLeBronJames has decent reputation
Default Christian Group Urges 50 Cent To Stop Wearing Cross; Manager Calls Request 'Absurd'

Quote:

Throughout his career, 50 Cent has stood toe to toe with a number of rappers during various battles.

But now, the G-Unit leader has a new opponent in the form of a Christian group that wants him to stop wearing his diamond-covered cross.

The Resistance, a nationwide Christian organization focused on preserving Christian values in the media, is taking issue with 50 Cent for wearing the large cross as a fashion statement.

For the organization's founder Mark Dice, the cross contradicts what the rapper is saying in his music.

“50 Cent is no Christian, and if you listen to his lyrics it becomes clear that he is more of a Satanist than anything” said Dice, who offered what he feels is a better choice for 50 to wear.

“He is defaming the cross and committing blasphemy by wearing it while he raps about killing people for no reason because he’s a big bad ‘gangster.’ I think a large diamond studded platinum satanic pentagram would be a little more fitting for him” Dice said.

50 Cent's cross has been noticeably visible in photos, as well as concert performances and the album covers for his releases Guess Who's Back, Get Rich or Die Tryin' and The Massacre.

"We aren't aware of this absurd request," Violator CEO/50 Cent's manager Chris Lighty told AllHipHop.com. "They should look up our charitable deeds before casting a stone. This is entertainment and no one is forcing them to listen to the music or watch any of the videos. It's an individual choice."

50 Cent is the latest entertainer to draw criticism from The Resistance.

In 2005, the organization labeled pop singer Jessica Simpson a “singing stripper” and called for MTV to pull the video for her song "These Boots are Made for Walking."

Most recently, The Resistance has been in the news for urging Duke University to change the name of their sports teams from the Blue Devils to something not offensive to the Christian community.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=7014
KingLeBronJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:05 PM   #2
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Christian Group Urges 50 Cent To Stop Wearing Cross; Manager Calls Request 'Absur

whatever, christians dont own a copyright on the shape of the cross. Finally, something I actually like 50c for!
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:29 PM   #3
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Christian Group Urges 50 Cent To Stop Wearing Cross; Manager Calls Request 'Absur

This is why I hate am not a christian.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:31 PM   #4
baller42590
Chi Bulls 2010-2011

baller42590 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Christian Group Urges 50 Cent To Stop Wearing Cross; Manager Calls Request 'Absurd'

man thats retarded as hell
baller42590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:32 PM   #5
baller42590
Chi Bulls 2010-2011

baller42590 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Christian Group Urges 50 Cent To Stop Wearing Cross; Manager Calls Request 'Absurd'

they sit and say stuff bout that and they dont say anything bout his lyrics thats retarded

50 man keep doing wut u do and get a bigger cross 2 wear lol
baller42590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:39 PM   #6
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

I'm a Christian, but I really disagree with them calling 50 cent a satanist. That seems kind of judgmental to me.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:06 PM   #7
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Some of the people in this thread are just as stupid as the group calling 50 Cent a satanist.

Get a bigger cross? Yea, that's be real mature. But I mean, look who it came from.

Now go ahead and report me, because yes, I DID insult you.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:04 AM   #8
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Christian Resistance can lick my sack. Screw them and their stupid fairy tale religion.

The "Satanic Pentagram"? Shut up as*holes. If you took one look at your joke of a religion, it is obvious that the pentagram was for a time, a Christian symbol representing the 5 senses or the 5 wounds of Christ.

Religion: hypocrisy at its finest.

I can't believe I'm defending 50 Cent.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:06 AM   #9
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

I still hate 50.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:26 AM   #10
Derek
Good High School Starter

Derek has an OK reputation so far

Wearing a cross, using the "N" word on a regular basis. Hard choice, I know.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:35 AM   #11
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
This is why I hate am not a christian.
Hookedonphonics.com

As for this Christian group, I remember Jesus saying something like "let those cast a stone and make judgments who are free of sin themself" and another quote about "see the log in your own eye before you see the spec in your neighbors."

I guess those are just words that don't matter, huh? Cause everyone knows that Christians, Muslims, and everyone else always seem to forget the parts of their religion when it doesn't benefit them.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:11 AM   #12
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

people get mad at Muslims for not constantly denouncing terrorism at every chance.. but if a Christian group comes out against someone like 50 Cent, all they get is disses.

al Qaeda promotes polygamy, murder and drug dealing.

50 Cent promotes non-commital sex, murder and drug dealing.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:34 AM   #13
warriors23
Banned

warriors23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
people get mad at Muslims for not constantly denouncing terrorism at every chance.. but if a Christian group comes out against someone like 50 Cent, all they get is disses.

al Qaeda promotes polygamy, murder and drug dealing.

50 Cent promotes non-commital sex, murder and drug dealing.
yeah but al qaeda actuualy does it . and i hate when people think all muslems are related to al qaeda.
warriors23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:37 AM   #14
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

I think 50 should go for a meeting with them and turn up in HUGE cross.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:00 AM   #15
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriors23
yeah but al qaeda actuualy does it . and i hate when people think all muslems are related to al qaeda.

You don't think knuckleheads listening to 50 Cent are actually dealing drugs and killing people? And I didn't equate all Muslims to al Qaeda; just showed some hypocrisy.

Heaven forbid any group step up and denounce people that are using their religion to promote sex, violence or hatred.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: