Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-02-2007, 03:10 PM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default This is Phil's practice

Quote:
L.A. Times -
With time running out on their season, the Lakers assembled for practice Monday morning and experienced a much shorter session than expected.

Phil Jackson gathered the team in the video room, showed a brief clip from the movie "Hustle & Flow," and bluntly informed the players that they absolutely didn't hustle on defense and showed little or no flow on offense in their Game 4 loss to Phoenix.

Then he sent them home to ponder the 3-1 deficit they've created for themselves.

In other words, they might want to start hustling or else they'll flow right out of the playoffs.

I mean, ok, this sh!t works with veterans who actually know how to play the game but I'm not sure Phil is on the right track here with these young dudes.

Phil has made this group overachieve but his decisions at times have been questionable and thats no surprise really since hes not specialized to babysit.

On the other hand, maybe this is all he can do at this point of the season

Last edited by hotsizzle : 05-02-2007 at 03:25 PM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:15 PM   #2
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: This is Phil's practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
I mean, ok, this sh!t works with veterans who actually know how to play the game but I'm not sure Phil is on the right track here with these young dudes.

Phil has made this group overachieve but his decisions at times have been questionable and thats no surprise really since hes not specialized to babysit.

On the other hand, maybe this is all thats all he can do at this point of the season
i agree i have been in question of some of his tactics for some time now... like you said what works for veterans may not work for this group... that and the fact that some of the guys don't exibit a real high basketball IQ, not thier fault really some are too young and some are too errrrr too ahhhhhh what's the word too ................ stuborn?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:17 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: This is Phil's practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle

On the other hand, maybe this is all thats all he can do at this point of the season

Cool posted this one already. WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU DAMNIT!!

But anyways the players already quit. They're depressed...some of them are experiencing post-traumatic stress. well maybe not that far but they aren't in any mood to try and win the next three B!!!TCCCHHHEEESSSSSS!!!!
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: