Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 07-04-2006, 02:14 PM   #16
Niquesports
Good college starter

Niquesports has decent reputationNiquesports has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banks91
how's this even a real question???

I guess Raptor management was supposed to know that Vince would suddenly become seriously injury prone and decline, while T-mac would go from a 15point scoring side kick to top 5 for a stretch and now comfortably a top 10(when healthy) player?

Vince is just a ESPN highlight player nothing he does help wins ball games ,T- Mac likes to keep that in the family he just does it better. Lots of points a few highlights and team still goes home after first round. You can have both
Niquesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:36 PM   #17
Noob Saibot
NBA lottery pick

Noob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected poster

You can't go wrong with either guy, Vince Carter is a great at teamwork while Tracy McGrady can play multiple positions on the court and do well in them.

VC's problem is just not enough motivation, he had it with Charles Oakley being on his ass a lot.

T-Mac is just too cocky to me, his overconfidence sometimes leads him into his downfall and it shames him. When this happens, he lacks motivation too.
Noob Saibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 07:14 PM   #18
dgilbert
Decent playground baller

dgilbert has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boshraptor4life
The Raps had them both, and IMO, they blew it. Who should they have kept, and why.
t-mac even though he strung along the raps into thinking they had a chance to sign him, at least he's not a whining quitter like carter, i'll never lose the image of one of the most talented players in the league, just mail it in, and quit on his teammates, quit on the organization that gave him anything and everything he ever wanted, and as well the fans that supported him with undying loyalty. Vince's antics set this team back 5 years in it's development, just think if he played even close to his proper level, we could of dealt him for a package that would of at least helped this team recover from losing the foundation of the franchise. I still find it unfathomable that any true raps fan could still support vince carter, after what he did to this organization.
dgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:56 PM   #19
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Raptors wanted to keep McGrady. He ditched them, not the other way around.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:00 PM   #20
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

T-Mac. Even when he doesn't "try" he gave Orlando 28 ppg, Vince, not so much.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 07:47 PM   #21
Jazz Rockets all the way
I airball my layups

Jazz Rockets all the way has an OK reputation so far

r-mac has a way more complete game tho! vince dunks and takes 3s, tmac can do it all, post up, shoot, everything andif u wanna talk like 1on1 tmac can sscore a bigger variety of ways

tmac is the obvious choice
Jazz Rockets all the way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 07:49 PM   #22
Jazz Rockets all the way
I airball my layups

Jazz Rockets all the way has an OK reputation so far

t-mac has a way more complete game tho! vince dunks and takes 3s, tmac can do it all, post up, shoot, everything and if u wanna talk like 1on1 tmac can score a bigger variety of ways

tmac is the obvious choice
Jazz Rockets all the way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 07:54 PM   #23
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Right now, If you had to pick, most would pick Vince, he hasn't missed very many games over the past season and a half, TMac has. I can really tell you whos the better player, they both do a lot of the same things, so whoevers healthier is better...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:30 AM   #24
Smurf
I brick open layups

Smurf has an OK reputation so far

I would have choose T-Mac. He's more talented than VC.
Some people might disagree but I think RJ has emerged to be a better player than Carter.
Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:43 AM   #25
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

T-Mac, doesn't bomb and quit.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:59 AM   #26
douglaspuckett12
Can barely lace up my sneakers

douglaspuckett12 has an OK reputation so far

T-Mac all day and on tuesdays, with a healthy back which sorry to say may never happen.

Vince straight quit his team in toronto and basically dropped his value so low toronto couldn't get anything out of him. He went from constant injuries and his production was crap. he admitted he quit and everyone knew it, went to NJ and became the old vince he was before which is pretty damn good, '' still a punk''.

Now some may say T-Mac quit too and admitted it. difference is T-Mac led leauge in scoring, didn't drop his roduction down 10 pts a game to get his value low and then traded.
douglaspuckett12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:58 PM   #27
Marky418
Decent playground baller

Marky418 has no real reputation yet.

T-Mac for Vince LOL
T-Mac is way out of Vince's League
For sure now that hes back to 100%
Marky418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:04 PM   #28
Marky418
Decent playground baller

Marky418 has no real reputation yet.

[quote=douglaspuckett12]T-Mac all day and on tuesdays, with a healthy back which sorry to say may never happen.QUOTE]

I read on NBA.com that T-Mac is Back to 100%

Read It For Yourself
http://aol.nba.com/rockets/news/McGr...86735-822.html
Marky418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:03 PM   #29
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

ill take mcgrady
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 10:10 PM   #30
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far

this is pretty stupid..if you put a VC vs TM on a rockets forum its pretty ovivous that 99% of the people will say tracy mcgrade
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: