Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-03-2007, 02:37 AM   #1
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here
Default Official venting thread

Listen to the end by the doors. It helps.

This has been the most depressing season since 93-94.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:47 AM   #2
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Official venting thread

Nothing to vent about.

Let's focus on the bright side and hope for a good off season. Should be a good one.

No need to vent, we all pretty much know what's up, don't we? Management sucks.

I still have no faith in them but I do believe we"ll be a better team next year.

However, I hope you can all see how many rumors there already are involving Miami. I want the same agressivenes from the Lakers. Go hard and agressive and try to get anyone that can help the team.

Don't avoid talent.

This summer is a do or die time because Kobe's patience is running out and many fans are ready to start a riot.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:59 AM   #3
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
Nothing to vent about.

Let's focus on the bright side and hope for a good off season. Should be a good one.

No need to vent, we all pretty much know what's up, don't we? Management sucks.

I still have no faith in them but I do believe we"ll be a better team next year.

However, I hope you can all see how many rumors there already are involving Miami. I want the same agressivenes from the Lakers. Go hard and agressive and try to get anyone that can help the team.

Don't avoid talent.

This summer is a do or die time because Kobe's patience is running out and many fans are ready to start a riot.

I dont know why but thats is exactly how I feel. I could not have said it any better.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:00 AM   #4
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

Well said Man u.

But I still need a day to mourn.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:16 AM   #5
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Well, Im gonna vent. Im gonna vent on how upset and sad I feel on seeing Kobe's prime go down the toilet like this.

6 yrs ago, before Kobe turned 23...Magic Johnson made a comment on how Kobe may flirt with Russell's 11 ring count.

We had Kobe..so young and so athletic...future still looks huge. Now, 6 yrs later (Kobe turning 29 this August) and we're discussing how we need to get Kobe the help before he goes downhill.

Time flew by...prime yrs winding down. Management screwed up for three yrs and like Kobe said "Now we're at ground zero". From 26 to 29...that fast.

What upsets me is what upsets every other fan and Im not going to get into it..but to summarize...management had opportunities and they blew it, and it is now taking its toll.

All we can do now is hope management does the right thing and get in some help fast. I mean big time help..then we can start talking about next season and the expectations there.

Now I have a question for you all...and this worries me...is it possible that the organization continues its free fall to the point where they decide to trade the best player in the game THIS summer using Bynum and KB's age as a reason to?

As for now...I'm just going to sit back and enjoy some quality playoff basketball.

Last edited by hotsizzle : 05-03-2007 at 05:40 AM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:23 AM   #6
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Well, Im gonna vent. Im gonna vent on how upset and sad I feel on seeing Kobe's prime go down the toilet like this.

6 yrs ago, before Kobe turned 23...Magic Johnson made a comment on how Kobe may flirt with Russell's 11 ring count.

We had Kobe..so young and so athletic...future still looks huge. Now, 6 yrs later (Kobe turning 29 this August) and we're discussing how we need to get Kobe the help before he goes downhill.

Time flew by...prime yrs winding down. Management screwed up for three yrs and like Kobe said "Now we're at ground zero". From 26 to 29...that fast.

What upsets me is what upsets every other fan and Im not going to get into it..but to summarize...management had opportunities and they blew it, and it is now taking its toll.

All we can do now is hope management does the right thing and get in some help fast. I mean big time help..then we can start talking about next season and the expectations there.

Now I have a question for you all...and this worries me...is it possible that the organization continues its free fall to the point where they decide to trade the best player in the game THIS summer using Bynum and KB's age as a reason to?

As for now...I'm just going to sit back and enjoy some quality playoff basketball.

Sad, just sad.

And no, they aren't going to trade Kobe Bryant.

I don't believe this is possible in LA. It would be possible for so many cities, but not LA. Kobe puts butts in seats regardless of the situation. The city won't allow it. They wouldn't even consider the idea.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:34 AM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
no, i assume your referencing shaq or kobe? i'll assume so and continue, shaq really was older and he had worn out his welcome, there were contract issues and all the other stuff that's been well documented...

kobe is here to stay, the team will make off season moves and we'll see as the summer unfolds what happens...

it has been a long season full of turmoil, but to be critical now of something we really have no control over is just goofy so lets all enjoy the off season, have some fun guessing and tossing around "how about we do this"

that being said

I'd personally like to say thanks for the friendship, i stumbled across the forum near the start of the season and have had a great time posting here, meeting everyone and sharing my love of the lakers and the NBA with you all.. I look forward to the offseason and look forward to more time around the pickle barrel with you all

thanks hotsizzle and lakerraider for the mod work

lets go lakers nothing can hold us back in 2007-2008
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:41 AM   #8
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

^well put gts.

Some info on Kobe and what he has left:

Quote:
1. During our recent chat with Kobe during this series, he stressed that, yes, he wants to retire a Laker.

2. During that chat, Kobe also disputed the notion that the Lakers will only see the 28-year-old's best for a few more years.

"I think I can play at this level for another six, seven years," Bryant said. "I still have one more bullet to fire."

Looks good to me but Kobe's patience may run out soon

More:

Quote:
After they exited the playoffs in five games this time, only occasionally troubling a Phoenix team it took to seven games in the 2006 playoffs, NBA front-office sources say L.A. is expected to make every one of its players available -- except Bryant -- in an attempt to craft a mix that can return the franchise to the Western Conference elite for the first time since Shaquille O'Neal's departure in 2004.

good news
Old 05-03-2007, 03:55 AM   #9
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i know what the bullet is... lol i heard him a couple months ago on dan patrick show... it's nutrition, the guy is a cheeseburger and pizza nut and said he has never watched what he eats, he doesn't take any nutritional aids at this time and is a night owl who doesn't sleep more than 4 hours at a stretch...
Old 05-03-2007, 04:03 AM   #10
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
i know what the bullet is... lol i heard him a couple months ago on dan patrick show... it's nutrition, the guy is a cheeseburger and pizza nut and said he has never watched what he eats, he doesn't take any nutritional aids at this time and is a night owl who doesn't sleep more than 4 hours at a stretch...

haha yea I heard that too. I heard he'll take 15 minute energy naps throughout the day. What I don't get is how he can get that little amount of sleep. Thats not healthy...at all. Body needs rest, needs to be energized; its natural part of life and essential for your body's biology. He expends so much energy out there, how he manages 4 hrs of sleep is beyond me.

And then how he eats pizza and burgers and then will run several miles a day. How does he do it? Guess he just livin his life w/o being so strict on himself.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:10 AM   #11
gts
Sons of Antartica

well it's nice to know he still has some tricks up his sleeve... and when you think about it he can do so many things so well and he is so smart that even when he can't elevate like he does now, he could go into magic johnson mode and extend his career
Old 05-03-2007, 04:11 AM   #12
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

LakerDynasty00 has decent reputationLakerDynasty00 has decent reputation

So...how bout them Dodgers?

Ah well I think most of knew we had no realistic shot to win this series just that faith and hope any fan has for their #1 team. We were over-matched in almost every way, and anytime it appeared we might make a run Amare ripped our hearts out; he's the MVP of that series in my opinion. Yes Nash is their most important player and the best point guard in the league, but Amare is a difference maker, a low post goto guy they did not have last year. Plus he plays defense and makes it hard to get easy baskets and offensive rebounds. He is an added dimension that we cannot overcome when we play even on all other fronts; especially when we continue to play poor defense.

So for this summer I expect big things and I was glad to hear Kobe say that in the post-game talk. Honestly if trading Bynum and scrubs (which of we have many) for a player like Kidd, Billups, JO, or KG I think we owe it to Kobe to do. If we need to worry about 3-4 years from now and how good Bynum would have been on the Lakers then lets do it 3-4 years down the road. We need to give Kobe the chance to win another couple rings right now. I also do not believe that trading Lamar for JO or even Kidd/Billups and some solid veterans is enough to put us in championship contention. The only single guy that does that where trading Lamar is even close to worth it is for KG. I think we need to look at keeping Lamar and trading our young guys, Bynum, and expiring contracts for an allstar and a couple solid veteran signings.

On a side note: Whatever happens to LAMAR ODOM after this season, whether he stays on the Lakers (which I'm hoping for) or gets traded will not change the fact that he has earned my absolute 100% respect, admiration, and gratitude. The way he played at the end of the regular season and throughout this playoff series really struck a cord with me about what type of guy he is: a goddamn warrior right up there with Kobe. It may have seemed at times that he only played in spurts, but that may just have been an illusion being projected by other factors or maybe it was actually true. However, I think we all know that he matured a lot in the last couple months and when he returns healthy will be an even better and more dedicated player than we have ever seen. He put his self on the line and never gave up, something you cannot say about most of the team. I do not think you will see the "only plays in spurts" LO ever again, next year he will be an allstar if he stays healthy, guaranteed. Does that mean he should be the #2 guy on the Lakers? Not necessarily, but he's an outstanding #3. We need another star to fit between Kobe and LO, and I think that's a PG personally. But we will need a few more veteran pieces regardless of what we do.

Overall it was an up and down season. Always enjoyable but sometimes excruciatingly painful. It even cost me a laptop I smashed when we lost to the Bobcats. Lots of injuries, amazing Kobe Bryant performances, signs of teamwork, and symptoms of lacking talent and focus. It'll take me a couple weeks to get over not having the Lakers to think about and probably a few handles of vodka and jack but then I'll be ready to think about the promising off-season moves I believe we will make. Things will get better in Lakerland!

P.S. I've only been on this board a couple months and there was already another LakerDynasty so I'll be changing my nickname at some point out of respect and my sense of uniqueness. Maybe to LivINLakerLand or LakerLegendz07; what ya'll think?
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:17 AM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerDynasty00
P.S. I've only been on this board a couple months and there was already another LakerDynasty so I'll be changing my nickname at some point out of respect and my sense of uniqueness. Maybe to LivINLakerLand or LakerLegendz07; what ya'll think?

Well they weren't legends in 07

LakerReign might be one.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:20 AM   #14
hotsizzle
Superstar

I agree with mostly everything you said LakerDynasty00. Great post

And about Lamar Odom, I've always been a fan. I dont think he can be a second option scorer but I'd love to keep him...unless we have to let go of him to get a superstar next to Kobe.

Quote:
We need another star to fit between Kobe and LO, and I think that's a PG personally. But we will need a few more veteran pieces regardless of what we do.

Actually...I think the perfect star next to Kobe & Lamar or just next to Kobe should be a post player, a big man that provides a presence down there. Having a threat post player opens things up so much better and allows for better spacing. Kobe would have easier routes to the basket...penetration would be much easier because those bigs waiting down there have to respect our big man down there. The game is also played best from the inside-out...size kills in this league.

A veteran PG who can defend and knock down open shots will do

Last edited by hotsizzle : 05-03-2007 at 04:37 AM.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:31 AM   #15
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
I agree with everything you said LakerDynasty00. Great post

And to Lamar Odom, I've always been a fan. I dont think he can be a second option scorer but I'd love to keep him...unless we have to let go of him to get a superstar next to Kobe.

i'd love lamr to remain.. he's not a second option but he'd make a great third option... also i like his manner he is calm and i think it balances out kobes fire, and yet when he gets fired up and is yelling at the refs it's kobe thats next to him patting him on the chest telling him to calm down...lol and at times like we saw tonight in the third, kobes shots were not falling, it was lamar who stepped up and tried to carry the team... he has heart... he had a rough off season last year and a rough season and i'd really like to see him have a chance at a nice run with kobe... but i do understand if he has to go...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: