Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-03-2007, 08:39 AM   #16
eizljay
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: Official venting thread

Guys, for me the Lakers loss at Game 5 was less painful than last year.

This year, the Lakers were not playing well coming into the playoffs. Against the Suns' 7-8 man rotation, our 11-12 was no much. Our best passer in Walton was obviously hurting, our #2 man in Odom was even more hurting. The rest of the supporting group of Nash is simply more talented and better.

Big guys Bynum (foul) and Kwame (lost the ball) doesn't deserve to start a game. Notice when I typed their names automatically a synonym appears. :)

I look forward for the management to be aggressive. Trade Bynum and either Radma or Cook plus other scrubs for KG or JO. Get a stable PG.

I'd like Kobe, Odom, Walton, new BIG, new PG with
Turiaf, Evans, Farmar, Kwame coming from the bench.
eizljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:32 AM   #17
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Im comfortably numb....

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:13 AM   #18
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

Yo Sizzle, let the bygons be bygons.

Let's look at it from the bright side, shall we?

I disagree when people say that the Lakers wasted last 3 years of Kobe's prime.
In terms of winning, yes.

But as for Kobe himself, the last 2 years he has established himself as the best player in the league.
The last 2 years he broke many scoring records and gained respect from the whole league.
He's become without the doubt the best player in the league in the eyes of many. 81 pt game, 10 games with 50+ points, 4 in a row with 50+ etc.
He's done some incredible things.

And let's face it, has he had a good supporting cast, none of that would've happened so unless we're talking here about championships, I don't think Kobe's legacy took many hits.

It's perhaps better for him this way now that he's so individually established because if and when he starts winning again, this will all only add to his resume.

So that's the bright side.

Now, let's hope that all that individual stuff is out of his system and that he"ll focus on winning and winning only and this time I believe he"ll appreciate his teammates and the support they can give him because now he's been through an ugly side of leadership.
It's nice to lead to titles like Michael but it's not so nice to lead nowhere like Nique.
When Kobe was young he thought he could do everything by himself but in the end I hope that now more than ever he will acknowledge basketball as a team game where teams win and not individuals.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a diss on Kobe but we all know how young Kobe was. Now, instead of that he not only should have the winning mentality that he's always had but a team winning mentality that's even better.

He only has a few flaws and I'm sure he can correct them with the right mindset but also the right teammates.

I've vented enough the last 3 years. Now I hope they finally realize what needs to be done and I'm looking forward to that.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:18 AM   #19
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
^well put gts.

Some info on Kobe and what he has left:

Looks good to me but Kobe's patience may run out soon

More:

good news

Do you have a link to that info you posted?
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:20 AM   #20
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
i know what the bullet is... lol i heard him a couple months ago on dan patrick show... it's nutrition, the guy is a cheeseburger and pizza nut and said he has never watched what he eats, he doesn't take any nutritional aids at this time and is a night owl who doesn't sleep more than 4 hours at a stretch...

How does he stay in great shape if he eats like that?
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:02 PM   #21
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

What gets on my nerve is that h9ers are having a blast right now.
The whole main forum is flooded with Kobe hate topics, they're frreaking enjoying it lol.

Oh well, what can you do. Like they"ll even be around when the tables turn our way
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:25 PM   #22
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
How does he stay in great shape if he eats like that?
i have no idea..well actually i do...lol i'm older than kobe and i'm in fairly good shape and i don't watch what i eat...(my wife does...lol) for my occupation i have to remain fairly in shape and getting pudgy is not an option... i don't run up and down a court for hours on end but i do spend days on my feet at times.... my matabolism is high so pretty much everything i eat is burned up within hours....

oneway you made some good comments on kobes legacy and his scoring...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: