Static electricity shocks! Help!
I am looking to buy a basketball and I have a problem which I thought maybe someone also experienced and found some solution.
I remembered that a few times when we played with certain balls I got shocks from static electricity. That was never a problem in the last few years and the balls we used were usually regular ones from Spalding (most likely synthetic leather).
I went to a store a couple of days ago to buy a ball, tried one from Spalding. After a few dribbles I touched someone and we both got a huge shock. I tried a different ball for a few dribbles, and again got a huge shock. At that point I didn't want to try any more balls.
Is it possible that the type of ball causes this? The floor there might be also a reason, plus the weather, and that I get these more than others. I think a sythetic ball would cause it much more than leather, but real leather balls are A LOT more expensive.
Any advice on this?
P.S. Forgive my English, it is not my first language.