Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-03-2007, 05:21 AM   #1
clarnibass
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Static electricity shocks! Help!

Hello

I am looking to buy a basketball and I have a problem which I thought maybe someone also experienced and found some solution.

I remembered that a few times when we played with certain balls I got shocks from static electricity. That was never a problem in the last few years and the balls we used were usually regular ones from Spalding (most likely synthetic leather).

I went to a store a couple of days ago to buy a ball, tried one from Spalding. After a few dribbles I touched someone and we both got a huge shock. I tried a different ball for a few dribbles, and again got a huge shock. At that point I didn't want to try any more balls.

Is it possible that the type of ball causes this? The floor there might be also a reason, plus the weather, and that I get these more than others. I think a sythetic ball would cause it much more than leather, but real leather balls are A LOT more expensive.

Any advice on this?

Thanks!

P.S. Forgive my English, it is not my first language.
clarnibass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:29 AM   #2
JMEWLS

Default Re: Static electricity shocks! Help!

go fly away.

far far away, and dont get in contact with any balls.
You could cause some serious damage!
Old 05-03-2007, 05:41 AM   #3
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Default Re: Static electricity shocks! Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarnibass
I went to a store a couple of days ago to buy a ball, tried one from Spalding. After a few dribbles I touched someone and we both got a huge shock. I tried a different ball for a few dribbles, and again got a huge shock. At that point I didn't want to try any more balls.

Well, when I came home from school my head started to get really hot. So I drank some cold water, but it didn't do nothing. So I laid in the bathtub for a while, but then I realized that it was my hair that was making my head hot. So I went into my kitchen and I shaved it all off. I don't want anyone to see.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: