Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 07-04-2006, 02:08 AM   #31
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocirap31
KG isn't really a tank compared to Dirk though. Both are finesse power forwards, except one has better range and consistency on his shot.

Right, that's the only difference too. :rollingeyes:
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:10 AM   #32
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

It's a tough one. Whenever the Mavericks and Timberwolves play, Dirk and KG rarely guard each other. Give Dirk just an inch of daylight and that's enough for him to make the jumper. However, KG has some of the best inside moves in the league so when he's in the post, he could be impossible to stop. It's a toss-up.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:10 AM   #33
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Velocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation here

I know that KG is better with a back to the basket game, etc. However, I think Dirk could handle KG in the post (he is bigger you know).
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:12 AM   #34
JinTheWindMaster
Banned

JinTheWindMaster has not been impressing people

Nash made Dirk fall so what would KG do to him?
JinTheWindMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:13 AM   #35
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

dirks bigger than charles barkley and kevin mchale, and jermaine o'neil and we can all agree he isnt handling them in the post.

I think a lot of guys can beat dirk one on one. It doesnt mean anything.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:14 AM   #36
JinTheWindMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocirap31
I know that KG is better with a back to the basket game, etc. However, I think Dirk could handle KG in the post (he is bigger you know).

And you think being bigger is an advantage? KG would murder Dirk in a game of 21.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:17 AM   #37
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

KG has the advantages.......

who ever said Dirk could get by KG easily is funny. KG has been able to contain tall quick sf's with ease.

Dirk would not get rainbow shots wit a guy who can rise higher then him.who rebounds better then him.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:18 AM   #38
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

It's probably closer than most people think in a game to 21, Dirk might not get shut out, he'll make a 3 probably twice, maybe 1 fade away jumper.

KG wins 21-5.

XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:22 AM   #39
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Garnett, without a doubt in my mind.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:24 AM   #40
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewait
you sound like a bitter loser. the only way Dirk is soft is if soft=white, in which case you're pathetic and a hater.

You always play the "you're a sore, bitter Suns fan card." It's getting old and it isn't true. I was down on Dirk being a finals MVP candidate all year, talking about how his style of play would never lead a team to a finals because his shot would go cold at some point.

I WAS RIGHT. I said it all year long, I swear, and I got flamed all year. This is before this years playoffs, after the 2005 playoffs where the Suns BEAT the Mavs. Bitter? Why play the bitter card now after I've been saying the same thing for over a year now?

Dirk is soft to me because Diaw, a 6'8'' 215lbs forward routinely pushed him around in the paint on offense. I call him soft after these playoffs because Tim Thomas stepped around him, backed him down and got in his head. Tim freaking Thomas? Brutal. If TT can do that imagine what KG could do. Dirk routinely got made to look like a fool by average PFs.

Dirk owns TT offensively and essentially embarassed him in that regard. Dirk also owns KG in a majority of offensive categories, unfortunately for him KG is 10004304838 times the defender he is. KG's game is also much more geared at a style that would do well in a one on one match.

PS. Dirk even said one on one Nash beat him most of the time. Nash said it was about even when they played. Would you take Nash over KG as well?

Last edited by A Roc 23 : 07-04-2006 at 02:29 AM.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:26 AM   #41
Younggrease
Banned

Default ...

before dirk messes wit kg maybe he should try his hand on 2nd and 3rd tier pfs because he might even have trouble with some of those 1 on 1. If you cant stop you man in 1 on1 especially in the post you are in trouble.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:27 AM   #42
StabMasterArson
I airball my layups

StabMasterArson has decent reputationStabMasterArson has decent reputation

KG would win.

I don't even know why it's a debate.
StabMasterArson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:28 AM   #43
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation

Seriously.. have you people even watched basketball? haha

Dirk is always making KG look stupid.. Dirk averaged 30 points and swept KG in the playoffs.

I remember a game where the scores were tied.. only a couple seconds left ina game.. and Dirk is guarding KG.. he strips the ball from him and runs down the other end and scores on him. Game over.. I have games on tape where KG tried to guard dirk even with double team help and Dirk still scored 30 and beat him..

Bottom line is that Dirk is a winner and KG isn't. KG isn't in Dirk's league. Dirk does everything before KG does and Dirk is 2 years younger. Dirk got to the WCF a year before KG.. plus being 2 years younger.. that's 3 years total. Dirk gets to the Finals before KG.. same thing. You can say Dirk has a better team around him.. but KG doesn't make the players around him better, bottom line.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:29 AM   #44
JinTheWindMaster
Banned

Quote:
PS. Dirk even said one on one Nash beat him most of the time. Nash said it was about even when they played. Would you take Nash over KG as well?

Nash would bust a number of guys @sses one on one for sure. No surpise there.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:31 AM   #45
Younggrease
Banned

Default ...

If you playing make it take it nash couldn't even beat me 1 on1 because he would never get the ball back because i would never miss. Just dunk, dunk, lay up all the way up to 21. And im only 6"7. Dirk is 7 foot and lost to nash. Either he was trying to be fair and didnt go down low or he is the softest 7 footer ever.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: