Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2006, 02:31 AM   #46
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater
 
XxNeXuSxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UConn
Posts: 7,998
XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
Seriously.. have you people even watched basketball? haha

Dirk is always making KG look stupid.. Dirk averaged 30 points and swept KG in the playoffs.

I remember a game where the scores were tied.. only a couple seconds left ina game.. and Dirk is guarding KG.. he strips the ball from him and runs down the other end and scores on him. Game over.. I have games on tape where KG tried to guard dirk even with double team help and Dirk still scored 30 and beat him..

Bottom line is that Dirk is a winner and KG isn't. KG isn't in Dirk's league. Dirk does everything before KG does and Dirk is 2 years younger. Dirk got to the WCF a year before KG.. plus being 2 years younger.. that's 3 years total. Dirk gets to the Finals before KG.. same thing. You can say Dirk has a better team around him.. but KG doesn't make the players around him better, bottom line.

2004 he seemed to make the players around him better. Oh wow, he also won MVP that year!
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:32 AM   #47
FabCasablancas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,803
FabCasablancas has decent reputation
Default

Nash is better than KG too.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:32 AM   #48
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever
 
A Roc 23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,380
A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
Seriously.. have you people even watched basketball? haha

Dirk is always making KG look stupid.. Dirk averaged 30 points and swept KG in the playoffs.

I remember a game where the scores were tied.. only a couple seconds left ina game.. and Dirk is guarding KG.. he strips the ball from him and runs down the other end and scores on him. Game over.. I have games on tape where KG tried to guard dirk even with double team help and Dirk still scored 30 and beat him..

Bottom line is that Dirk is a winner and KG isn't. KG isn't in Dirk's league. Dirk does everything before KG does and Dirk is 2 years younger. Dirk got to the WCF a year before KG.. plus being 2 years younger.. that's 3 years total. Dirk gets to the Finals before KG.. same thing. You can say Dirk has a better team around him.. but KG doesn't make the players around him better, bottom line.

KG's teams aren't half as good as Dirk's. Dirk played pretty poorly in the finals and his team still won the first 2 games. Stupid arguement in regards to a one on one game.

Why do Mav fans always roll out lines like; "I have tapped proof!" or "I tivo'd it and watch it 10 times lawl!"

Go back to complaining about the refs and enjoy the last Western Conference finals you'll win in a while.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:33 AM   #49
JinTheWindMaster
Banned
 
JinTheWindMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 95
JinTheWindMaster has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
Seriously.. have you people even watched basketball? haha

Dirk is always making KG look stupid.. Dirk averaged 30 points and swept KG in the playoffs.

I remember a game where the scores were tied.. only a couple seconds left ina game.. and Dirk is guarding KG.. he strips the ball from him and runs down the other end and scores on him. Game over.. I have games on tape where KG tried to guard dirk even with double team help and Dirk still scored 30 and beat him..

Bottom line is that Dirk is a winner and KG isn't. KG isn't in Dirk's league. Dirk does everything before KG does and Dirk is 2 years younger. Dirk got to the WCF a year before KG.. plus being 2 years younger.. that's 3 years total. Dirk gets to the Finals before KG.. same thing. You can say Dirk has a better team around him.. but KG doesn't make the players around him better, bottom line.


LMAO!! What if was Dirk on the timberwolves...............
JinTheWindMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:34 AM   #50
JinTheWindMaster
Banned
 
JinTheWindMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 95
JinTheWindMaster has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
Nash is better than KG too.


I'm speechless..........
JinTheWindMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:35 AM   #51
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever
 
A Roc 23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,380
A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation
Default

Darko won a title like 9 years before Dirk.

Darko >>>>> Dirk. Lawl Lawl LMaO.

[/end idiotic Maverick fan logic]
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:36 AM   #52
Younggrease
Banned
 
Younggrease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,767
Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

Mavs fams need to realize your team is still soft. This because when times are tough they still revert back to just shooting 3s. They arent all soft but as a team when you put it all together they are soft mentally. I guess they just take on their leaders character. Seriously he let posey body him up, what is that???
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:44 AM   #53
FabCasablancas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,803
FabCasablancas has decent reputation
Default

KG's teams aren't half as good as Dirk's.

Because KG doesn't amke the players around him look better like dirk does.. That's what happens when you have a player who is offensively domiannt like Dirk is. KG isn't anywhere close to that.

Dirk played pretty poorly in the finals and his team still won the first 2 games. Stupid arguement in regards to a one on one game.

What you don't relaize is that Dirk makes the players around him better even when he isn't scoring.. Terry scored because of all the defensive attention Dirk demands.. just like Wade scored because of all the doubles Shaq demanded.

Why do Mav fans always roll out lines like; "I have tapped proof!" or "I tivo'd it and watch it 10 times lawl!"

Because it's true.. people just makes comments about Dirk when they don't even watch him play.. Mavs fans do watch him play. People just assume a lot fo guys are better than Dirk just because he's white and they are black.. like Wade, LeBron, Shaq, Kobe KG.. etc etc.. yet Dirk is better than all these guys. Dirk has been the MVP the past 2 seasons.. it wasn't even close.. He was the most dominant player in the playoffs.. yet people just refuse to believe how great he is. Even defensively.

Go back to complaining about the refs and enjoy the last Western Conference finals you'll win in a while.

You might be right about that.. but that doesn't change the fact how great dirk is.. Dirk lead that team to the Finals inspite of having a really poor team. That's a testament to how great Dirk is.. and it took a little luck.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:49 AM   #54
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman
 
LiL Stevie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,897
LiL Stevie has decent reputation
Default

Yeah, they can be soft at times. However, they can be extremely tough at times too. They were doing great attacking the basket in the San Antonio series. Also, they were pretty mentally tough, going blow to blow with the defending champs in some clutch situations. Then, game 6 vs. Phoenix, they came back from a big deficit, after looking lifeless in the 1st quarter, then took the series by shutting down the Phoenix offense in the 2nd half. There's some flashes of a strong team right there.

However, the NBA Finals, all that was thrown out as they just fell apart. Blowing leads, losing their composure, it was just a totally different team. I think that experience will help them, plus another year of Avery preaching to them to attack the basket and stop taking dumb jumpshots.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:52 AM   #55
Younggrease
Banned
 
Younggrease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,767
Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
KG's teams aren't half as good as Dirk's.

Because KG doesn't amke the players around him look better like dirk does.. That's what happens when you have a player who is offensively domiannt like Dirk is. KG isn't anywhere close to that.

Dirk played pretty poorly in the finals and his team still won the first 2 games. Stupid arguement in regards to a one on one game.

What you don't relaize is that Dirk makes the players around him better even when he isn't scoring.. Terry scored because of all the defensive attention Dirk demands.. just like Wade scored because of all the doubles Shaq demanded.

Why do Mav fans always roll out lines like; "I have tapped proof!" or "I tivo'd it and watch it 10 times lawl!"

Because it's true.. people just makes comments about Dirk when they don't even watch him play.. Mavs fans do watch him play. People just assume a lot fo guys are better than Dirk just because he's white and they are black.. like Wade, LeBron, Shaq, Kobe KG.. etc etc.. yet Dirk is better than all these guys. Dirk has been the MVP the past 2 seasons.. it wasn't even close.. He was the most dominant player in the playoffs.. yet people just refuse to believe how great he is. Even defensively.

Go back to complaining about the refs and enjoy the last Western Conference finals you'll win in a while.

You might be right about that.. but that doesn't change the fact how great dirk is.. Dirk lead that team to the Finals inspite of having a really poor team. That's a testament to how great Dirk is.. and it took a little luck.

Is that a joke, better than Lebron and Kobe and wade??? When your 7 feet tall and cant take advantage of James Posey in the post your soft. His lack of a post game is going to kill him because a guy like Haslem just has to crowd him. To me the most telling thing i have ever seen dirk do, is in the playoffs nash got switched onto him in the lane. Instead of staying in the box and posting up nash, HE WENT TO THE TOP OF THE KEY AND TOOK A FADEAWAY JUMPER. Thats all you need to know about dirk
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:58 AM   #56
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman
 
LiL Stevie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,897
LiL Stevie has decent reputation
Default

Yup, like Fab just said. People are quick to bash Dirk when it's easy to. Yeah, they bash him after his NBA Finals performance and when things are tough for him like the Rockets series last year. Do you people remember his dominance in the first three series of the playoffs though? No one could stop him. He was getting to the basket, making jumpers in people's faces, getting rebounds and all. You can bash him for not having a great performance in the NBA Finals, because he didn't, and he deserves to be criticized for that. However, a lot of people are just calling him soft, basing their opinion from the Finals itself, and not paying attention to how good he played in the rest of the playoffs.

Was Dirk soft a couple of years ago? Yes. Very soft. Is he still soft now? No. His game has evolved and he's still got a lot to learn, but he's on the right track.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:59 AM   #57
FabCasablancas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,803
FabCasablancas has decent reputation
Default

Is that a joke, better than Lebron and Kobe and wade???

Look at the facts.. Dirk has a team that has been far more successful thanb theirs over several years. He won more games than all of them in a far tougher conference last season and without a second all-star.

When your 7 feet tall and cant take advantage of James Posey in the post your soft.

He wasn't jus tplaying James Posey.. he was playing the entire heat defense.. players could stop Shaq if they were allowed to foul him and not get claled for it.. and that's what players get away with against Dirk because they refs won't call it. Dirk doesn't get the respect other stars do from officials.

His lack of a post game is going to kill him because a guy like Haslem just has to crowd him.

Dirk has an excellent post game.. Shaq only averaged like 13 points with Damp or Diop guarding him.. does he not have a post game? That's the kind of logic you are using.

To me the most telling thing i have ever seen dirk do, is in the playoffs nash got switched onto him in the lane. Instead of staying in the box and posting up nash, HE WENT TO THE TOP OF THE KEY AND TOOK A FADEAWAY JUMPER. Thats all you need to know about dirk

Because Dirk shot over him? You just don't understand how team defenses work. If a guy lays off Nash and he shoots the jumper you think that is the wrong play? And shooting from the top of the key is like a layup to Dirk..
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:01 AM   #58
JinTheWindMaster
Banned
 
JinTheWindMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 95
JinTheWindMaster has not been impressing people
Default

Dirk is a great player but he was soft against the heats. Jason Terry> Dirk in the finals. Posey was bullying dirk.
JinTheWindMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:04 AM   #59
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever
 
A Roc 23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,380
A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
Is that a joke, better than Lebron and Kobe and wade???

Look at the facts.. Dirk has a team that has been far more successful thanb theirs over several years. He won more games than all of them in a far tougher conference last season and without a second all-star.

More success? Kobe has 3 titles, Wade just won a title and Lebron is only in his 3rd year on a team that was once the worst in the NBA before he got there.

Right now, I consider Wade and Kobe much more successful then Dirk. Dirk won more games in the regular season, who cares? KG won 62 games as the MVP once right? Yet you claim he is a loser. So why is that a reason to hype up Dirk?

By the way, Shaq was injured a lot that year (as well as this year) and Kobe was on a team that just totally dismantled.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:05 AM   #60
FabCasablancas
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,803
FabCasablancas has decent reputation
Default

Dirk wasn't soft.. his team and coach were.. who was the one driving and taking all the hits? Dirk was.. not any other Mav. And none of the other Mavs were dishing hits out either.

It's funny because people act like Avery is so tough.. Don Nelson had the Mavs playing much more physically than Avery did. Avery just plays a much slower game.. and that's it. I have seen Shawn Bradely and Najera dish out more elbows in one game under Nellie than Diop and Dampier in a whole season under Avery.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:22 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy