Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 07-04-2006, 04:06 AM   #61
Younggrease
Banned

Default ,,,

sorry i understand team defenses and what they did to Dirk is exploit his lack or a post up game and said beat me with pull up jumpers. One man crowded him and another either doubled or was waiting. But if dirk had a post game none of this would matter.

Also dirk is a pf. and ran to the top of the key from the post to miss a turnaround wit nash on him. thats the wrong play for most 7 foot power forwards but if your as soft as dirk maybe he couldnt post up nash.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:11 AM   #62
FabCasablancas
Banned

More success? Kobe has 3 titles, Wade just won a title and Lebron is only in his 3rd year on a team that was once the worst in the NBA before he got there.

Kobe and Wade weren't the best players on their team.. not even close. Put Dirk with Shaq and you win 80 games in the regular season and sweep the Finals.

Right now, I consider Wade and Kobe much more successful then Dirk. Dirk won more games in the regular season, who cares? KG won 62 games as the MVP once right? Yet you claim he is a loser. So why is that a reason to hype up Dirk?

Because dirk has been successful whoever is around him. When Cassell left KG's team sucked. Dirk has had continued playoff success no matter what.

Wade nor Kobe has done anything without Shaq.. Shaq has been successful wherever he has gone. It's common sense that Shaq is the key there..

By the way, Shaq was injured a lot that year (as well as this year) and Kobe was on a team that just totally dismantled.

Those are both the fault of the players.. Shaq is injured a lot every year.. he just likes to relax. And Kobe is a cancer.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:13 AM   #63
FabCasablancas
Banned

One man crowded him and another either doubled or was waiting. But if dirk had a post game none of this would matter.

To be a successful pst player you need quality perimeter shooting.. that's something the Mavs lack and Avery doesn't help either.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:15 AM   #64
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Mavs don't have perimeter Shooting?

Stackhouse?
Terry?
...Dirk?
Keith Van Horn?

All way above average shooters.

How is this your argument on how Dirk could beat Kg 1on1, he cannot.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:24 AM   #65
FabCasablancas
Banned

They aren't consistent perimter shooters. We don't have a Kerr or Bowen or Derek Fisher or Robert Horry.. well we do in Dirk.. but we don't have anyone good enough offensively that can make a play and then get Dirk an open shot. And even if we did I doubt Avery would let Dirk shoot a 3 anyway.

The irony is that Aveyr didn't want Dirk to shoot from the perimeter because he doesn't believe you can win shooting jumpers.. then Wade beat us shooting jumpers. The jumpers Avery dared Wade to take becasue he said Wade couldn't shoot. And Wade isn't half the shooter Dirk is.

I just think it is funny that people say Dikr is soft when he shot more freethrows in a playoff series than Jordan.. and set an NBA record. And he doiesn't even get the kind of respect from offifcials Jordan got.. so Dirk probably deserved twice as many calls as he got.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:26 AM   #66
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

KG. I'd rahter have Dirk in a team game, but KG would slaughter Dirk one-on-one.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:27 AM   #67
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
They aren't consistent perimter shooters. We don't have a Kerr or Bowen or Derek Fisher or Robert Horry.. well we do in Dirk.. but we don't have anyone good enough offensively that can make a play and then get Dirk an open shot. And even if we did I doubt Avery would let Dirk shoot a 3 anyway.

The irony is that Aveyr didn't want Dirk to shoot from the perimeter because he doesn't believe you can win shooting jumpers.. then Wade beat us shooting jumpers. The jumpers Avery dared him to take..

I just think it is funny that people say Dikr is soft when he shot more freethrows in a playoff series than Jordan.. and set an NBA record. And he doiesn't even get the kind of respect from offifcials Jordan got.. so Dirk probably deserved twice as many calls as he got.

You are acting like a complete homer.

You have a former superstar in Stackhouse. You are telling me he is unable to create his own shots?

why are you putting Bowen in the same sentence as Kerr? Bowen can shoot from 1 spot on the floor, I would take a Terry WAY over bowen for offense.

I really don't care about his freethrows in this conversation. How does that help in a 1on1 game?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:33 AM   #68
FabCasablancas
Banned

You are acting like a complete homer.

I just know my stuff...

You have a former superstar in Stackhouse. You are telling me he is unable to create his own shots?

That's not what I said.. I said he is unable to create an open shot for Dirk. Stack doesn't draw double teams. He was never the same after he was injured.. and he was always a volume shooter anyway.

why are you putting Bowen in the same sentence as Kerr? Bowen can shoot from 1 spot on the floor, I would take a Terry WAY over bowen for offense.

That's the point.. Bowen is a great role player.. Terry is a scorer.. that's what all the 3 point shotoers you name are -- scorers. I would definitel take a role playing spot up 3 point shooter over a scorer. They are more reliable shooters. Stack and Van Horn have been terrible 3 point shooters for us in the playoffs.

Terry has been good.. but even he is hot and cold.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:33 AM   #69
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

Default Re:

Stack really isn't a good outside shooter. They don't call him Brickhouse for nothin Keith Van Horn, he's supposed to be a good outside shooter but he missed a lot of open shots, same with Terry. It's been their weakness this year. Kinda ironic too, since Dallas waived Finley because he was just a jumpshooter who never got to the basket anymore but ultimately, they lost in the NBA Finals because of a lack of quality perimeter shooters. When does his contract with the Spurs end? I already want him back
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:36 AM   #70
FabCasablancas
Banned

No.. no finley. haha

He is so cursed he even made the Spurs lose.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:53 AM   #71
Bill Swerski

If they play today...

...If it's officiated with low contact, and if KG doesn't move into Dirk's body/legs during his jumpshot, Dirk would win 7/10 games by a slim margin, with KG scoring often.

...If it's officiated loosely, and light contact is allowed durind the shooting motion, Garnett would win 7/10 games by a larger margin, with Dirk taking several noticeably bad, off balance shots.

Ruling: KG wins in a one-on-one setting.

Although, when they met in the playoffs several years ago,
Dirk averged around 35 PPG, and above 15 RPG, in a quick Dallas sweep.

Will the local stat junkie, step forward and verify....

Ruling: Nowitzki wins in a controlled Game setting.

Old 07-04-2006, 08:40 AM   #72
SYOrangeMan
I brick open layups

Jumpshots - Dirk > KG
Athleticism - KG > Dirk
Defense - KG > Dirk
Blocking - KG > Dirk
Dunking - KG > Dirk

Honestly.. I think KG would rip Dirk apart. KG has a longer wingspan too doesn't he? (Would give him a higher chance to block shots and get shots over Dirk with his fadeaway jumpers)
SYOrangeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:50 AM   #73
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

KG would win, no question.

Dirk would have to rely on his long range jumpers all game, because he cant post KG up, and he's too slow and KG is much quicker for him to get around KG.

and on defense, Dirk would get abused down low, KG is much tougher and athletic and would jump right over him, using his little baby hook and his turnaround fader.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:51 AM   #74
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

actually, i think KG might beat anyone in the L, one-on-one.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: