Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2017, 11:31 AM   #31
imdaman99
Knicks all da way
 
imdaman99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 21,490
Default Re: POLL: Official ISH U.S.A. 2016 PRESIDENTIAL election!

who was spamming Rubio votes?
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:49 AM   #32
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!
 
TheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: amongst wackos
Posts: 10,787
Default Re: POLL: Official ISH U.S.A. 2016 PRESIDENTIAL election!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Obama's presidency ended terribly, but I wasn't laughing.

I would rather not see our president fail.
Explain how Obama's presidency ended terribly?

Because Trump won? Not a heck of a vote of confidence if that's your reason

Was there an attack on the homeland? Did the economy crash? Was his administration mired in scandal?
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:51 AM   #33
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 17,642
Default Re: POLL: Official ISH U.S.A. 2016 PRESIDENTIAL election!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Explain how Obama's presidency ended terribly?

Because Trump won? Was there an attack on the homeland? Did the economy crash? Was his administration mired in scandal? :confusdeshrug:

There were several attacks on the homeland. ISIS flourished. The market wasn't growing. There were scandals left and right (not of his doing, but as with Trump, he got the blame. Remember Fast and Furious? Benghazi? Solyndra?). Remember if you liked your doctor, you could keep them? Remember when they spent over a BILLION ****ing dollars to have a website built by Democrat donors that didn't even work?

Please.

So, no, yes, no but it wasn't growing, yes.

The better question is, what did Obama do that was so great? Obviously we'll have differing opinions, because I thought he handled the wars terribly, healthcare was a shit show, and the market actually went DOWN until Trump was elected. 18,053 on 12/21/14 to 17,888 on 10/30/16.

The market lost points in the last two years of Obama's presidency. Since Trump was elected, the market is up over 5,000 points.

So yeah, I think his presidency was terrible. The only thing he'll be remembered for is his healthcare plan that is kinda successful (if you're poor) only because it was rammed down our throats repeatedly until the country was left with no alternative.

Last edited by UK2K : 11-09-2017 at 11:56 AM.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:00 PM   #34
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!
 
TheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: amongst wackos
Posts: 10,787
Default Re: POLL: Official ISH U.S.A. 2016 PRESIDENTIAL election!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
There were several attacks on the homeland. ISIS flourished. The market wasn't growing. There were scandals left and right (not of his doing, but as with Trump, he got the blame. Remember Fast and Furious? Benghazi? Solyndra?).

So, no, yes, no but it wasn't growing, yes.
Anyone can nitpick, Benghazi was highly politicized to damage Clinton. If Dems were like the GOP, they would try to politicize those recent 4 Green Beret deaths or that failed military mission a few months back that Trump tried to pin on his generals.

In comparison with other recent administrations, Obama's ended rather free of turmoil. Just compare it to GWB, Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson...
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:13 PM   #35
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!
 
TheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: amongst wackos
Posts: 10,787
Default Re: POLL: Official ISH U.S.A. 2016 PRESIDENTIAL election!

Meh, not gonna argue about the economy with you when you actually think it was bad, Most jobs ever created in an 8 year term, granted, not great paying jobs but whatever. And look at the mess he inherited and compare how he left it for Trump.

Anyways, the rich got richer under Obama and everyone else's wages remained stagnant so I won't defend him there on that and Trump is only going to make it worse.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:56 PM   #36
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 21,862
Default Re: POLL: Official ISH U.S.A. 2016 PRESIDENTIAL election!

Let's not forget the billions in cash Obama gave to Iran.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 01:33 PM   #37
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 17,642
Default Re: POLL: Official ISH U.S.A. 2016 PRESIDENTIAL election!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Anyone can nitpick, Benghazi was highly politicized to damage Clinton. If Dems were like the GOP, they would try to politicize those recent 4 Green Beret deaths or that failed military mission a few months back that Trump tried to pin on his generals.

In comparison with other recent administrations, Obama's ended rather free of turmoil. Just compare it to GWB, Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson...

They did try.

And like I said, it wasn't 'Obama's' scandals, but they were his administrations.

Which, unfortunately for him, he'll take heat for because he's the guy sitting at the top. Just like Trump is getting heat because Russia attempted to meet him, and he declined, but it doesn't matter because someone from his administration DID meet with the Russians so automatically, its his fault.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:11 PM   #38
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 21,862
Default Re: POLL: Official ISH U.S.A. 2016 PRESIDENTIAL election!

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:14 PM   #39
UK2K
NBA Legend
 
UK2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 17,642
Default Re: POLL: Official ISH U.S.A. 2016 PRESIDENTIAL election!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

Who is the chick?

Can't think of her name but.... is that... that one chick?

^That^ helps, I'm sure.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 03:10 PM   #40
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 21,862
Default Re: POLL: Official ISH U.S.A. 2016 PRESIDENTIAL election!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Who is the chick?

Can't think of her name but.... is that... that one chick?

^That^ helps, I'm sure.


I think that's Hope Hicks, Communications Director. I love the shit-eating grins.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 05:48 PM   #41
Hawker
Repeal FATCA
 
Hawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 18,149
Default Re: POLL: Official ISH U.S.A. 2016 PRESIDENTIAL election!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Explain how Obama's presidency ended terribly?

Because Trump won? Not a heck of a vote of confidence if that's your reason

Was there an attack on the homeland? Did the economy crash? Was his administration mired in scandal?
None of those are happening under Trump either yet you say Trump is terrible. What’s the deal? Be consistent.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:19 PM   #42
Terahite
Mr. Octrigger
 
Terahite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: MAR-A-LIBTARD
Posts: 2,707
Default Re: POLL: Official ISH U.S.A. 2016 PRESIDENTIAL election!

Someone needs to unearth all these political threads from 2016. Oh wait, 99% of them were deleted.
Terahite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:23 PM   #43
Hawker
Repeal FATCA
 
Hawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 18,149
Default Re: POLL: Official ISH U.S.A. 2016 PRESIDENTIAL election!

Someone put dresta under "other."
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:17 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy