Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 06-03-2006, 06:16 AM   #1
NASTYWIN
Can barely lace up my sneakers

NASTYWIN has an OK reputation so far
Default And The Number One Pick Is....

NASTYWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 06:17 AM   #2
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

traded
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 06:19 AM   #3
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADS
traded

;)

Probably true, but if the Raptors stay at #1 it's going to be Bargnani in my opinion.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 06:43 AM   #4
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Bargnani would be a bad pick at #1. Toronto really got screwed by the lottery. They would be better picking at 6 or 7 and taking Bargnani than reaching badly for him at 1. That said, if they'd have won it the last 2 years they would have got the guy they need out of the draft.

They got screwed in other words.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:00 AM   #5
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up

I can't see how a team can be screwed having the no. 1 pick. It's a given, there's always 2 or 3 stars in every draft. It's just a little hard this year to figure it out. That's why BC gets the big bucks. The golden boy of NBA GMs has to deliver.

In the past 20 years in the draft, there's only been 4 screw ups ---- Olowakandi, Joe Smith, Kwame, Pervis Ellison in the top pick. It's a little disconcerting they're all big men.

But the odds are good that if the Raps keep the pick, they'll get a productive player.

I say they pick Aldridge.
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:04 AM   #6
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default .

Greg Oden.

...shit.

Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:06 AM   #7
hle_81
Can barely lace up my sneakers

hle_81 has an OK reputation so far

i think the raptors should take aldridge, but i heard they wanted bargnani.
hle_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:06 AM   #8
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Joe Smith wasn't really a screw up...he was very productive for Golden State. He just didn't become what everyone had hoped.

In other words, you can look back and say he was a bit of a reach...Raps shouldn't reach on Bargnani.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:07 AM   #9
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Now I'm not saying that Bargnani is a GOOD pick at #1, I'm just making a prediction based on Colangelo's apparent Bargnani erection he's got going on.

I also agree that having the #1 pick can never really be a bad thing. 10 years from now we'll look back and there will be at least 2 or 3 guys at the absolute minimum from this draft that did big things in the league. Find me a draft that doesn't follow that rule.

Sure it's not clear who those guys will be, but it's guaranteed that they'll be on the board when the Raptors are up (if they keep the pick). They just need to make the right choice.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:13 AM   #10
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default .

I think I'll be fine with whatever Colangelo does, it's nice knowing that your team isn't managed by an idiot anymore.

I'm good with one of Aldridge, Gay or Bargnani. It all depends on how this team is going to be built and who is going to be brought in during the offseason. If they get Przybilla then I wouldn't them passing on Aldridge and going for one of the SF's or even trading down for Marcus Williams or Roy. If they get Jay Williams and/or Roko Ukic comes over then taking Marcus Williams over the big guys would be a bit of a waste.

I know that I definetly don't want either Tyrus Thomas or Morrison on the Raptors next year.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:36 AM   #11
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man

Juvenile has no real reputation yet.

I guess having the No.1 pick when all you are looking for is a guy who isn't a No.1 pick is making it a little tougher to use the pick 100%. But being screwed up by getting the top spot, thats really bs.
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:37 AM   #12
Trademark
I hit open layups

Trademark is considered somewhat coolTrademark is considered somewhat cool

Should be Aldridge... But the Colangelos have always been infatuated with Euro's... So, they'll take Bargnani
Trademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:39 AM   #13
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Greg Oden.

...shit.

I was thinking the same thing when they got the #1. If it weren't for stern, Oden be in Toronto for atleast the next four years. Oden/Bosh/Villanueva is bad ass.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 01:10 PM   #14
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

exactly... the draft is not what is going the Raptors' pick... it is what they want to accomplish in the off-season...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 01:14 PM   #15
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool

I still think Aldridge will be the first pick.(by the Raptors) Unless, they trade down to around 5, and get Bargani or Williams.
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: