Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-08-2007, 04:54 PM   #46
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

Enigmatism has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Anxiety Issues!

anothe thing to try is listening to more relaxing music ... and no I don't mean kenny g (but if that floats your boat, well.. ehhh)
But, I'm talkin some good roots reggae like Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Black Uhuru, Bunny Wailer, etc - or some electronic/new age type stuff like Enigma, Amethystium, Deep Forest, etc - Or even a lot of old school 80's pop has a light feel to it and some of it is actually still kinda good
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:35 PM   #47
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

I've been dealing with anxiety since September of last year. I became engaged earlier last year. My anxiety could be considered cold feet, but I feel it's much more than that. I don't sleep well, my mind is never at ease, I don't take care of myself diet wise, I don't workout anymore. I wake up feeling miserable everyday. It dissipates as the day goes on, but it never really goes away. I've always been a worrier by nature. I always second guess big decisions. The idea of being free from this pressure makes me want the freedom more than anything.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #48
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
I've been dealing with anxiety since September of last year. I became engaged earlier last year. My anxiety could be considered cold feet, but I feel it's much more than that. I don't sleep well, my mind is never at ease, I don't take care of myself diet wise, I don't workout anymore. I wake up feeling miserable everyday. It dissipates as the day goes on, but it never really goes away. I've always been a worrier by nature. I always second guess big decisions. The idea of being free from this pressure makes me want the freedom more than anything.

talk to a doctor

he will tell you that excerise and a good diet can cure it but in the mean time there are drugs that can help...escpecially a sleeping aid...not getting enough sleep will make you feel like crap everyday for sure
Old 05-08-2007, 07:07 PM   #49
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Im really surprised how many people on here have anxiety, thank god I dont have that problem. probably the only mental problem I have is that a lot of times I let my situation control me. in that good things lead to more good things, and once something bad happens, it just goes downhill from there.

but thats an attitude thing. GAD is awful. axiety disorders in general. agoraphobia and depression, just horrible things to have

and people who don't have these issues piss me off because they're always like, "just chill out and don't worry about it." IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE. think about that one thing you could never bring yourself to do because you had this abstract fear that you would be completely embarrassed to the point of no return, like you'd diarreah in your pants in front of all the people you want to impress... to those with agoraphobia that's what EVERYTHING outside their own homes is like. its horrible, and they can't get out of it any easier than you could for that one little thing.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:21 PM   #50
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the trouble with anxiety and such, is once it gets rolling it's hard to stop, almost becomes a thermodynamic meltdown as you worry about having an anxiety attack you get edgy and start to feel out of control and thats leads to another anxiety attack...

sometimes making a change any change can help shake that cycle, go for a long walk with a close friend or family, share your feelings with someone who not only will understand but stick with you...

go on a trip for a couple weeks, once you can break the cycle once and feel control over the problem then you've taken a step in the right direction... even if it's only for a couple hours its a good step....

talk to your family theres a good chance someone in your family has experienced this it does run in families...

realize that there is nothing wrong with you mentally your not crazy, it's a chemical imbalance in your brain that can be treated with meds... it won't kill you the worst that happens is you hyperventilate and pass out, embarrassing yes but nothing more...

and know that most people out grow this as your body matures and things get back on an even keel...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:08 PM   #51
Eight
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Eight has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
the trouble with anxiety and such, is once it gets rolling it's hard to stop, almost becomes a thermodynamic meltdown as you worry about having an anxiety attack you get edgy and start to feel out of control and thats leads to another anxiety attack...

Like an avalanche effect.

I can't help but wonder how many people have anxiety problems because they have a father who is not there because of long hours or travel from work, or simply has left them all together. If I or any of my brothers showed any weakness through anxiety or even a supposed allergic reaction to food, my dad would be pissed. I think he'd be pissed even if I showed an allergic reaction to a bee sting. Problems with anxiety go hand in hand with people feeling free to express all their discomforts and be comfortable with it, both to themselves and out in the open. Females have been ok with this for years, but normally fathers will tell their sons to basically sack up, come to terms with your problem(s) and get on with your life. Most mothers will not give you this tough love.

I absolutely hate needles but there is no way I am going to let that fear get the best of me because I can see my father in me head telling me something like "Don't be a p-ssy boy". I still hate 'em though, I have had gals carve their initials on me with a broken beer bottle and I think I enjoyed that more than some of the shots I got.

IMHO, most anxiety issues start to develop early in life and can be shut down by parents who teach their children inner strength. If they aren't then they just snowball into adulthood.
Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: