Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-13-2016, 03:09 AM   #1
!@#$%Vectors!@#
Nanimosuruna, Kizaru

Default Does Anyone Feel Sad once you remember your childhood?

I Remember my childhood and I feel a surge of happiness and at the same time feel a surge of melancholy. Family wasn't in the easiest situation when I first came to the U.S but I still remember all the great times I had. I really had nothing to worry about. I really didn't think of anything. I pretty much was the only person existing in the world. Nothing really matterd. My views were simply of how I interacted with the things around me .

I didn't think of anything. These days in my free time I spend most of my time thinking about stuff. Mostly unhappy and dark stuff and about all the shitty things around me as I perceive them. No more rose tinted glasses. No more Cyberchase no more Arthur.

I'm happy now especially recently. I've been on top of the world for 2-3 weeks now but I still have surges even in this happiness of extreme melancholy. Not suicidal thoughts or anything just of how useless everything around me is. I look at random people I don't know. I watch them doing whatever they're doing and it just makes me wonder why the fk is this fker alive. Why am I alive? Why can't everything be as simple as when I was 8-12.

I know I sound like a typical 18 year old fakkit who reads too much cynical literature and thinks the world revolves around my condition but I really wish for simpler times. I've seen pictures of myself when I was younger how unadulterated my emotions were. If I was angry you can tell. If I was happy or sad it was obvious. My smile was unadulterated and my eyes were bright and shined of enthusiasm. I look now in just a short period of 10 years everyone I know even a girl I've only known for like 3 weeks tells me that my eyes look sad. My smile is always suppressed and even when I do, theres something cynical and bitter about it. I now only have to facial expressions. Smiling and not smiling. even when smiling people are not convinced that I'm actually happy. When I'm not it looks like I have nothing to live for. Although I don't think what any of these people say is completely true but I accept that theres been a massive change in my emotions.

I really miss the good old days.

Last edited by !@#$%Vectors!@# : 03-13-2016 at 03:14 AM.
!@#$%Vectors!@# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 03:36 AM   #2
Smook A.
Red Nation

Default Re: Does Anyone Feel Sad once you remember your childhood?

Of course. I think about it from time to time, wishing I could relive it. I miss not having to work, waking up early for cartoons, having barely any homework in elementary school, making friends by just saying "hey wanna play tag?", etc.

But then I think about the pros of adulthood. Driving, making cash and spending it on whatever you want, partying at clubs, no checking with parents anymore, no kurfew, and sex. Basically you can do whatever the **** you want as long as you have a good job.
Smook A. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 04:02 AM   #3
You Cant Ban Me
Banned

No it makes me happy thinking back on those times.
You Cant Ban Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:44 AM   #4
Bandito
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smook A.
Of course. I think about it from time to time, wishing I could relive it. I miss not having to work, waking up early for cartoons, having barely any homework in elementary school, making friends by just saying "hey wanna play tag?", etc.

But then I think about the pros of adulthood. Driving, making cash and spending it on whatever you want, partying at clubs, no checking with parents anymore, no kurfew, and sex. Basically you can do whatever the **** you want as long as you have a good job.
Thats my most hated part of being an adult.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 02:24 PM   #5
tmacattack33
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%Vectors!@#
I Remember my childhood and I feel a surge of happiness and at the same time feel a surge of melancholy. Family wasn't in the easiest situation when I first came to the U.S but I still remember all the great times I had. I really had nothing to worry about. I really didn't think of anything. I pretty much was the only person existing in the world. Nothing really matterd. My views were simply of how I interacted with the things around me .

I didn't think of anything. These days in my free time I spend most of my time thinking about stuff. Mostly unhappy and dark stuff and about all the shitty things around me as I perceive them. No more rose tinted glasses. No more Cyberchase no more Arthur.

I'm happy now especially recently. I've been on top of the world for 2-3 weeks now but I still have surges even in this happiness of extreme melancholy. Not suicidal thoughts or anything just of how useless everything around me is. I look at random people I don't know. I watch them doing whatever they're doing and it just makes me wonder why the fk is this fker alive. Why am I alive? Why can't everything be as simple as when I was 8-12.

I know I sound like a typical 18 year old fakkit who reads too much cynical literature and thinks the world revolves around my condition but I really wish for simpler times. I've seen pictures of myself when I was younger how unadulterated my emotions were. If I was angry you can tell. If I was happy or sad it was obvious. My smile was unadulterated and my eyes were bright and shined of enthusiasm. I look now in just a short period of 10 years everyone I know even a girl I've only known for like 3 weeks tells me that my eyes look sad. My smile is always suppressed and even when I do, theres something cynical and bitter about it. I now only have to facial expressions. Smiling and not smiling. even when smiling people are not convinced that I'm actually happy. When I'm not it looks like I have nothing to live for. Although I don't think what any of these people say is completely true but I accept that theres been a massive change in my emotions.

I really miss the good old days.

No you actually sound like a 30 year old...LOL. I thought you were like 30 until I read the bolded sentence.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 02:28 PM   #6
!@#$%Vectors!@#
Nanimosuruna, Kizaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacattack33
No you actually sound like a 30 year old...LOL. I thought you were like 30 until I read the bolded sentence.

SRS?
Old 03-13-2016, 02:58 PM   #7
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

What year where you born?

Last edited by Lebron23 : 03-13-2016 at 03:03 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 03:03 PM   #8
!@#$%Vectors!@#
Nanimosuruna, Kizaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
What year where you born?
Old 03-13-2016, 04:46 PM   #9
NBAplayoffs2001
One of the Goodfellas

Eh, not really. I recently caught up with ppl I haven't seen in 10 years though. That was fun. Otherwise, all that schooling everyday from like 7:30 am to 3pm? I don't miss that. I also don't miss all the drama back in middle/high school (some of the people who spread rumors back then definitely had it backfire on them). Everyone matures in college and I met people I'm more comfortable/similar to in college than I've ever met in high school. Way happier now at my age than I was as a high school student.
NBAplayoffs2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 05:08 PM   #10
StephHamann
Gambling expert

Quote:

StephHamann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 05:25 PM   #11
highwhey
I DREW THE D1CKS

I happy
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 05:56 PM   #12
senelcoolidge
NBA rookie of the year

As a child you don't have a full understanding of the world. Looking from outside am sure most people would judge my childhood as sad. But for me it was a wonderful time. Sure I was poor and things at home were not ideal, but I was still happy. I was discovering so many things as a kid. My imagination and creativity were through the roof at the time. There was an adventure each day. I was lucky to have two parents..that were old school..and thought me to be respectful and to work. There were sad and scary moments, but it was a great time. The best time of my life. My mom's past since and I really miss her..that's the only thing that really gets me down sometimes. Thinking back makes me happy. It encourages me in my life today.
senelcoolidge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 05:59 PM   #13
tmacattack33
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
SRS?

Yeah....shit i'm near 30 and the way you talk about being 10 is how I would talk about being 16 and care free. At 16 all i cared about was bball, hip-hop, and popularity. I only cared about what was in front of me. If I was in a room playing playstation, it was like the rest of the world didn't exist (or if i was in a room watching NBA).

The only "worries" that would travel with me into that room was popularity and why I wasn't one of the cool kids. That faded after a few years of high school though when i finally accepted not being "cool".

Last edited by tmacattack33 : 03-13-2016 at 06:06 PM.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:16 PM   #14
highwhey
I DREW THE D1CKS

Tru
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 01:54 AM   #15
Nilocon165
Cavs

Yes.

Everything was so ****ing easy. I don't even remember having a thought process. I just acted on instinct basically and it was the best.

There are definitely some pros to getting older, but it just sucks that EVERYTHING I do matters to me.

So much time is spent wondering what the **** I'm gonna do with the rest of my life and I don't even have a clue. I guess I have good grades and I want to go to OSU but I can't shake the feeling that I'm gonna do a horrendous job in college.

Weed and basketball are the only things that calm me down at this point.
Nilocon165 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: