Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 05-04-2007, 04:26 PM   #1
adamcz
Bucks fan

Default Post your top 6 draft prospects, in order.

As you probably know, the draft order will be determined on May 22nd, with the most likely outcome being that the Bucks will pick 4th. Anything from 1 to 6 is possible though, so I'm sure Larry Harris and his scouts are busy working out a 6-man draft board.

What order do you hope that the team will go with?

Here's mine:

#1 - Kevin Durant. I know this is contraversial with such a promising center available here, but the recent success of Phoenix/Golden State, and the rule changes that favor offense makes the NBA look to be moving in a new direction. Not to mention the fact that Durant is a better player today with just as much upside in the future. He's also a marketing department's wet dream, and will help the team sell tickets while appearing in national tv commercials.

#2 - Greg Oden. I certainly don't expect to see him lower than this on anybody's draft board. He's 7' tall and already a godly shot blocker. He's a decent rebounder with the size and potential to become a great one. And he's already learning a go-to post move that could become... well, sky's the limit I guess. He'll instantly shore up the Bucks weak inside defense.

#3 - Al Horford. We learned this year that Bogut needs a physical power foward next to him, and the Bogut/Skinner combo actually looked pretty decent. Al Horford does all the things Skinner does (and more!) already, and has winning experience that the Bucks lack. He has a very high basketball IQ, knows how to play his role, and isn't bad at a single skill that you would want a PF to have. He and Charlie Villanueva would make a perfect yin/yang combo at the 4 spot. The only thing that will cool me on him a little, is if he measures to be anything less than 6'8" in the pre-draft camp.

#4 - Corey Brewer. Looks to be one of the best perimiter defenders in the NBA within a few years. With matadors like Redd and Bogut anchoring this team for the foreseeable future, that's a definate need. Corey also has potential to be a very good offensive player, although he isn't one yet. Some may say, "we've already got Bobby Simmons at SF," but I'm not convinced that Simmons will return healthy and effective next year or ever.

#5 - Brandon Wright. I hate taking a boom/bust gamble in the top 5, but Wright might be worth it. He has great athleticism and wingspan, and unless he's a complete moron, he'll someday convert that into great rebounding and shotblocking. I just wish he would have already proven that by now.

#6 - Joakim Noah. He'll never be a star, and at his age his potential is very limted. Still, he brings defense, rebounding, energy, and most of all, leadership. He'd fit right in, and help make sure that we reach the playoffs. Look back at the history of mid-lottery picks, and you'll see that there have been far worse outcomes than this.

#6b - Yi Jianlian. Never seen him. I have no idea how good or bad he is.

#6c - Mike Conley Jr. Will be a great NBA pg. I'm very high on Mo Williams and want to keep him. However, if Mo Williams isn't going to be brought back, then we ought to draft his replacement.

I'd be interested to hear what the rest of you are thinking.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:46 PM   #2
jailer
MillionDollarException

Default Re: Post your top 6 draft prospects, in order.

Are you basing this on the teams that get the picks or just on who you thinking is the most talented?
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:26 PM   #3
adamcz
Bucks fan

Re-read it over and over until you figure it out.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 01:16 AM   #4
PFunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

These are the who I'd pick (in this order) if I were the Bucks..

Greg Oden
Kevin Durant
Brandan Wright
Al Horford
Corey Brewer/Yi Jianlian
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 03:27 PM   #5
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Are you basing this on the teams that get the picks or just on who you thinking is the most talented?
those were picks ..he would pick if the bucks would've gotten either the 1st pick through the 6th... (potential picks)
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:56 AM   #6
A-MATT
Banned

In this order

1. Greg Oden

2. Kevin Durant

3. Brandan Wright

4. Al Horford

5. Yi Jianlian

6. Jeff Green
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: