Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-17-2016, 06:07 PM   #1
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default 2016 NFL Draft Discussion

Now that NFL free agency has slowed down a bit, the draft is only 6 weeks away. Discuss all prospects, trade rumors, draft pick rumors, and team needs here.

Who's overrated?
Underrated?
Sleepers?
Who do you WANT your team to take and why?
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 06:28 PM   #2
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

Default Re: 2016 NFL Draft Discussion

overrated: nkemdiche, bosa, apple, oakman, cash, rankins
underrated: kendall fuller, michael thomas (southern miss)
sleepers: prosie?

my bucs dream draft:

#9) buckner or stanley if available

round 2) noah spence, william jackson III, kendall fuller, karl joseph or sterling shepard

round 3) shepard if still available. deion jones

round 4) michael thomas (southern miss)

of course, anything can happen in the draft. trades happen. players fall. big boards are all different. all I know is if bucs select a couple of the guys I mentioned, I will be doing back flips. i still have more game film to watch but i love those guys above.

i get the feeling buckner or stanley will be gone by pick 9 which sucks cuz i'm not all the way sold on hargreaves including fit for this team. TB just signed two small corners in the offseason. i don't want a platoon of them i'm not sure that hargreaves is a top 10 talent. top 15? sure
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 06:34 PM   #3
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

What's really the difference between a top 10 talent vs top 15?

If you believe in him and think he's a good player, it doesn't matter if he's picked 9th or 15th....it's going to be a good pick.

I think from what I've seen on tape Williams Jackson III is the best corner in this class.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 06:40 PM   #4
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I'm curious about Hargreaves. The Eagles are mainly linked to Elliott, Hargreaves, and Stanley. Hargreaves to me fits the biggest team need but I haven't read anything saying he is a sure thing. Elliott would have to be more than just a good back at the next level to go at #8. I'd want Todd Gurley like impact. If he is that good, he would slide in as the Jamaal Charles of Pederson's offense.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 06:41 PM   #5
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
What's really the difference between a top 10 talent vs top 15?

If you believe in him and think he's a good player, it doesn't matter if he's picked 9th or 15th....it's going to be a good pick.

I think from what I've seen on tape Williams Jackson III is the best corner in this class.

i think he's a good player but i don't know if he's 'special', which is what i'd want out of a top 10 pick. i don't think he has the top end speed you need to usually be a great cover boundary corner at his size. a 4.4ish 40 time would have helped him quite a bit i think. maybe he can compensate with that vertical. i'm also concerned his 2014 tape was usually better than his 2015 tape. cooper buried him. granted, cooper is good, but I mean hargreaves just struggles vs. taller receivers.

still, he is good. he has the best footwork of any corner this year and is pretty polished. he generally has good awareness diagnosing plays. i've seen him set the edge and shed blocks. i think he has great coverage skills in areas with great short burst. i think he can be a terrific nickel corner, but do you use a top 10 pick on that? i just don't want a guy that small in the nfc south and I want a higher ceiling player as a top 10 pick, period.

jackson is probably right behind hargreaves for me.

are you not counting ramsey as a corner?

Last edited by blacknapalm : 03-18-2016 at 02:08 AM.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:48 PM   #6
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

I don't know what Ramsey is. I honestly don't know if there has been a prospect like him in 15 years.

If he was viewed strictly as a corner, he could still be viewed as the best in the class. If he was viewed as just a safety, he would be the best in the class.

I don't know that I've ever seen a guy capable of being a top 5 to 10 pick as a corner and safety.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:04 PM   #7
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

the elite talents in this draft imo: pre injury jaylon smith, ramsey, jack, buckner, tunsil, elliot.

why does chris collinsworth have titans taking a QB with the first pick? mariota is better than wentz and why would they give up after one year? makes zero sense to me.

todd gurley is better as a pure runner than elliot but i'd venture to say that elliot does almost everything else at a higher level
Old 03-17-2016, 07:41 PM   #8
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Greg Cosell just said Jonathan Williams is on Zeke's level as a prospect in terms of on-field ability.

Never heard of him. Anyone seen him before?
Old 03-17-2016, 08:57 PM   #9
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN

How is Nkimdeche overrated?

I didn't watch enough of him, and I trust your opinion of him, but if anything it was my understanding that he should be drafted HIGHER, but his off the field issues are causing him to slip.

I just want the Broncos to draft a RB (Fournette) and a QB (maybe Connor Cook)
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:51 PM   #10
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

here's the thing with nkemdiche...he's way too inconsistent. there's flashes he looks like a world beater, but there's too many times it looks like he plainly takes plays off. his explosiveness is amazing off the snap. he's 10x better than rankins at this.

that said, he should have produced more and the main thing holding him back is technique and motor. his balance can be off. his hips are too tight and his pass rushing skills are way raw. he can't deal with doubles at all. he's not great at finishing plays. i think he'll be limited in the nfl and i wouldn't take him before late first and that's only from a talent standpoint. the off field issues drop him even lower and his on field talent isn't yet close to his upside.

does this mean he will never be good? of course not. the upside is there because he's kind of a freak athlete. i'm just waiting for the 'football player' to meet said athlete. right now, i see a great athlete that is playing football. i don't see a great football player.

there's technique issues that need to be coached up. the motor should not be overlooked either. we've seen too many examples of players with great potential but poor to average motor and they don't pan out. there's some truth in that you need to love the game or at least do it for a purpose. i don't get that from him and that's a red flag that spills over into his off the field issues. in a draft interview he apparently placed tunsil in the same room as him when he was smoking synthetic pot or whatever and fell to the ground outside. why even place him there? lie on your sword. you look worse by deflecting.

btw, it's slowly coming out in pieces and the more you put it together, the more you see ohio state had a serious party/ecstasy environment going on. noah spence suspended twice for popping hot on x. kicked off team and out of big 10. google 'bosa ecstasy drugs' and tell me there's not at least a bit of smoke there. i knew about that issue well over a year ago but i didn't say much about it because honestly it didn't look like much at the time other than speculation and hearsay. now there's more recent reports of elliiot being involved too

Last edited by blacknapalm : 03-18-2016 at 02:00 AM.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:58 PM   #11
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I don't know what Ramsey is. I honestly don't know if there has been a prospect like him in 15 years.

If he was viewed strictly as a corner, he could still be viewed as the best in the class. If he was viewed as just a safety, he would be the best in the class.

I don't know that I've ever seen a guy capable of being a top 5 to 10 pick as a corner and safety.
Woodson is a decent comparison to Ramsey
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:06 AM   #12
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Joey bosa will bust. He's most overrated.

Not explosive and dumb as a pile of rocks.

Cory Coleman underrated. Gonna be a super stOar.

I hope we pull the trigger on ndemichke

I think his motor problems is cus he was playin it safe and didn't wanna have a bad injury before NFL.

His motor gonna be turned way up first 4 years playin for that huge contract
Bless Mathews is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:28 AM   #13
Doomsday Dallas
2017/18 SB Champs

I just hope that if it's between Myles Jack & Joey Bosa... the Cowboys make the right choice.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:30 AM   #14
Doomsday Dallas
2017/18 SB Champs

....... but would not mind Ramsey at all.

(or trading down)
Old 03-18-2016, 11:38 AM   #15
Doomsday Dallas
2017/18 SB Champs

I have this horrible feeling.....

with the #4 pick.... The Cowboys will be taking Ezekiel 25:17

Last edited by Doomsday Dallas : 03-18-2016 at 11:59 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: