Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-18-2016, 01:02 PM   #16
ROCSteady
One of One

Default Re: 2016 NFL Draft Discussion

So pissed that all the teams I wish for failure have top 10 picks with really good prospects failing to all of them.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:12 PM   #17
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
So pissed that all the teams I wish for failure have top 10 picks with really good prospects failing to all of them.

Damn niggah. Be positive. Release the hate my niggah.

Bump this and be positive.

Replay :56-1:16 a few times.

Your welcome.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=39ohwSsbDzw
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:10 PM   #18
christian1923
#teamWestbrookKobeNYK

Hoping the Giants land that wide receiver from Ole Miss

Cruz is a question mark and Rueben Randle defines the word mediocre. Wouldn't mind Zeke from OSU though, Tired of relying on Rashad Jennings health and Andre Williams is not a very good back IMO.

Although, if Hargreaves slips to us then idk how we pass up on him.
christian1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:54 PM   #19
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Watched Ifedi vs. Alabama and Miss State.....

A lot to like. As far as I'm concerned he dominated in pass blocking and had his moments in run blocking. He has great size, among the longest arms in the draft and his athletic ability is very nice.

He was playing RT in the tapes. I have heard he was not good as a LT for whatever reason.

I look at his overall body of work as a RT and I can't make an argument why he shouldn't be a 1st round pick.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:12 PM   #20
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

you go to draftbreakdown any? fantastic resource.

btw, mike mayock must be on that good stuff to say wentz and goff are better than winston and mariota

my man crush for buckner grows:

that is likely first round draft selection jack conklin that he just blesses

he's the kawhi leonard of this draft in terms of hand size and dat hand strength

PFF: Ohio State CB Eli Apple Allowed 44.6% of targets into his coverage to be caught in 2015.

posted today. more credence to the fact that i say he's overrated. has a nice ceiling though with good size
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:43 PM   #21
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

I look at Apple and guys who are a legit 6 foot 1, 200 pounds who run 4.4 flat and have started on a big time program usually go very high.

I took a look at Apple a month ago and it was decent. I thought late 1 early 2nd was appropriate for him and that was before the combine.

You don't like him?
Old 03-21-2016, 05:46 PM   #22
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

I actually watched this college LT who is going to probably be a G in the NFL the other day and he was getting put up against Buckner a fair amount of snaps.

Joe Dahl.

I thought Dahl really handled him well. He absorbed Buckners power quite well. Didn't really lose any snaps badly. I'd actually say he got the better of him more than not.

Made me appreicate Dahl more as a prospect for sure. If you can handle Buckners power you have my attention.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:28 PM   #23
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

not that i don't like him. see him a lot in first round mocks though when he's no better than early to mid second to me. honestly, the more i think about it alexander might be even more overrated in that aspect too
Old 03-22-2016, 11:55 AM   #24
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Eagles had a good things to say about drafting a RB high, but most believe he's bluffing.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:45 AM   #25
Doomsday Dallas
2017/18 SB Champs

If the Cowboys draft Goff..... (now that Morris has been signed)

Holy $hit.... I can't think of a bigger tragedy.

Outside chance of getting Ramsey at #4 if the Chargers don't get him.

Tunsil
Wentz
Ramsey
Goff (Should be Myles Jack or trade down)
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:28 PM   #26
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

I think the Cowboys would be making a mistake if they don't pick Wentz or Goff at 4 if available. Tony is about to turn 36.

You need a contingency plan at QB when replacing an old QB. Its the perfect situation for a young QB. Learn for a couple years and come in ready to play when it's your time.

Taking an elite talent like Myles or Ramsey is very very enticing for the "now" window featuring Tony, but Wentz or Goff gives you hope for the next 10 years plus after Romo.

I think the difference between Goff and Wentz vs the rest of the QB group is large enough to warrant the selection at 4th overall vs taking a Connor Cook in the 2nd, for example.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:00 PM   #27
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

I want Goff or Wentz at #4...I remember all those years in between Aikman and Romo...they sucked

We may never be in a spot to draft a top tier QB again...got to do it while we can, QB is just too important.

THAT SAID...Jerry has already stated they won't be taking a QB in the 1st and it doesn't feel like a smoke screen to me at all.

I think the pick will be Bosa
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 07:30 PM   #28
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

browns should draft wentz. let RGIII start and see where it goes. wentz has the second biggest arm in this class and he's only second because lynch has a cannon for an arm. lynch is flacco territory but his footwork is pretty raw. then draft a speedy receiver with hands and build the hell out of that line.

i'm saying this too factoring in next year's QB class. outside of watson, that class is weak. kaaya i'm sure is second best given what we've seen but he's also frail and has limited mobility, like jake coker mobility...not really good at moving in the pocket even
Old 03-25-2016, 08:06 PM   #29
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Have you seen Paul Perkins, black?
Old 03-25-2016, 09:11 PM   #30
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

very little. i saw him vs. stanford but it's hard to assess off one game. i did like his pass catching ability, lateral quickness and making the first guy miss. he did get blown up on a blitz pickup, but at least somewhat slowed down the defender. made up for it later in the game with a solid block where he got leverage some. he needs to sell his runs better. i noticed when it was a pass play, he didn't even really attempt to sell it. sort of ran up the field with his arms swinging. fixable, i'd say. seems to keep his feet churning which is good.

again, too small a sample size to jump to final conclusions though. i'm not fancy. i don't have all-22 or DVR. i liked what i saw but nothing really wowed me either. you like him a lot or what?

oh and i looked at ifedi and dahl. definitely both better at pass protection at this point. not sure dahl will ever have the size to be a true road grading run blocker, but i'd rather a great pass protector vs run blocker most of the time

Last edited by blacknapalm : 03-25-2016 at 09:38 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: