Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 07-05-2006, 08:35 PM   #16
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

Many people are missing the point. Yes Ben Wallace will be 3 years older in 3 years. Simple math. Who cares? Will he be an old stiff? I doubt it. He's here for NOW...not for LATER (Amir). Amir could turn out pretty good...but the Pistons need a big man NOW! Ben AND P.J. Brown will be good tutors for Tyrus Thomas NOW. That is HUGE! Tyson and Eddy never really had good big men to work with. Only Antonio Davis, but by that time it was too late. The Bulls core is set..Hinrich, Gordon, Wallace, Deng and Thomas. What people forget is that next year we can swap picks with teh Knicks. We could draft a bigman and groom him and Tyrus under Wallace. Yes it is a lot of money..money that wouldn't make sense for say Atlanta, but for the Bulls..the time is NOW, now 3 or 4 years from now. By the way KnicksFan...how do you guys like JC out there?
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:48 PM   #17
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

We love Jamal Crawford, he has made plenty of gamw winners which have just added to his scoring. All I wonder is why Brown used him as a 6th man all year. I think he should have been a starter. The starting lineup should've been this

PG- Jamal Crawford
SG- Stephon Marbury
SF- Quinten Richardson
PF- Channing Frye
C- Eddy Curry
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:13 PM   #18
Dat1
I brick open layups

how can detroit be so stupid. thats their fault
Dat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 09:27 AM   #19
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

funny thing is, in 2 years, you're gonna have a 15 million dollar useless guy on your team. He it the worst shooter I've ever seen, really. My friends that don't like basketball and don't play it at all could make more free throw's then him...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:39 PM   #20
lakers-city
Good college starter

ben wallace is only 30, so in 2 years from now (at age 32) he will be useless ??

he cant shoot fts....but neither can shaq, and didnt he team up with d-wade to get miami their first 'chip ?
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 12:09 AM   #21
final.wrath
Banned

and shaq is a major offensive threat unlike ben wallace. ben isn't worth 60 million no matter what you say.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 02:16 PM   #22
EB4life!!
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmdv12
Wow! Not only did the Bulls add Ben Wallace but he was subracted from the division rival Pistons. I have a thought and I need your input, Pistons fans. Didn't you guys trade Milicic for the sole reason of saving cap space to resign Wallace? I don't get it. I'm so confused, but happy that the Bulls added Wallace. I'm glad I kept my season tickets! Bulls vs Detroit games will rock next year! We'll see if Rasheed has something to smile about this year. Oh..on top of it....Indiana just lost Peja also! I'm loving this and so is the rest of chicago! Go Bulls!

lol that sucks comming here just to talk trash but that was a really stupid move I think bulls will be a big compeditor now!!!
EB4life!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:46 AM   #23
final.wrath
Banned

well..they wil l have a few more rebounds, less scoring, and a few more blocked shots. we'll see how that effects them.

they're not going to dominate the division. our team still owns the bulls.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:36 PM   #24
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmdv12
KnicksFan sounds bitter. Gordon and Hinrich can be re-signed. Also..this is John Paxson..NOT Isiah Thomas. He's not dumb enought to sign Ben Wallace and lose Hinrich AND Gordon. All he needs to do is trade Chandler who get's over 10 mil I think...and that creates alot of space to re-sign Hinrich and Gordon. We didn't sign Ben to score...we brought him to dominate the boards and play D. Gordon will NOT get 10 mil....come on now. He's a scorer...but not a 10 mil scorer. Damn..people hate on the Bulls too much. Who's the dummy that said Cleveland will rock?? Are you serious?? Cleveland? I'm more afraid of the Pistons. I agree about the Peja being past his good days. That was a questionable signing by the Hornets but STILL...to lose him for NOTHING? At least the Bulls lost Curry and still got the 2nd pick AND space to sign Ben Wallace. Pacers will be good again...but not good enough. Time will tell this tale!

Indy got that huge 8 mil trade exception so that they can have cap space for harrington. Thta's the plan with that. But I believe detroit will be a much better team WITHOUT ben. he could play in the system they got now, and everyone esle excelled in it. he had to go.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 12:41 PM   #25
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers-city
ben wallace is only 30, so in 2 years from now (at age 32) he will be useless ??

he cant shoot fts....but neither can shaq, and didnt he team up with d-wade to get miami their first 'chip ?

Just a correction...Ben was born september 10, 1974.....he is 32 now......which makes paying him 10 mil per 5 years even more ridiculous.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:25 AM   #26
kingbowser55
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I for one hate that Wallace left but I am a Pistons fan and I am not a bandwagon-jumper, been a fan for 6 years so if Ben Wallace does not want to be part of the Pistons future then so be it.
kingbowser55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 08:50 AM   #27
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

I just don't get why he has to keep takin shots at the Pistons in the media. We are gonna thump the Bulls when we play.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:32 AM   #28
final.wrath
Banned

because he was fed excerpts of what flip said about our offense being opened up and probably feel shurt. he wants the league to be liek th eold days but the rules have changed and left him in the dust.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: