Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-05-2007, 11:02 AM   #1
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board
Default Batman is the clutchest superhero of all time...

Dude just saved the world by himself. Gotta love Saturday morning cartoons.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:05 AM   #2
Señor Cedric
why live??

Señor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Batman is the clutchest superhero of all time...

I love Batman, but what is so super about him?

Superman has too many powers... that was my big rant as a kid.
Señor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:08 AM   #3
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Are you watching that WB "Batman?" It kind of sucks, by Batman standards..."Batman Begins" was cosmically awesome though, may be my favorite superhero movie ever.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:10 AM   #4
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Spiderman 3 was bad.

Had to say it.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:11 AM   #5
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Batman is awesome BECAUSE he doesn't have powers. he's just really smart, strong, quick, stealthy. complete badass. all Superman does is knock people around and nothing can hurt him except green rocks. WTF? where's the fun there?
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:12 AM   #6
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

the WB batman is still bassed off Batman: The Animated Series, which is probably the greatest American cartoon of all time. The writing and plot of the cartoon was better than any of the Batman films of the 80s and 90s, hell you acn say it's better than Batman Begins too.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:14 AM   #7
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Are you watching that WB "Batman?" It kind of sucks, by Batman standards..."Batman Begins" was cosmically awesome though, may be my favorite superhero movie ever.
edit: Ohh the movie, that was pretty decent.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:14 AM   #8
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
the WB batman is still bassed off Batman: The Animated Series, which is probably the greatest American cartoon of all time. The writing and plot of the cartoon was better than any of the Batman films of the 80s and 90s, hell you acn say it's better than Batman Begins too.
When I saw the new Batman cartoon, I went 'What the hell? What have they done to Batman?! His muscles are all gone, he's way too thin, blahblahblah" I much rather have the cartoon Batman of the 90s. That future Batman was good as well.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:20 AM   #9
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Robin was always my favorite. Me and my brother actually have these Batman and Robin costumes. Yah I know you're jealous.
http://www.1966batmobile.com/Batman%20&%20Robin.jpg
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #10
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Thank Christopher Nolan, they finally got a "real" director to direct a superhero movie.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:47 AM   #11
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Batman is awesome. Superman is a wuss who hides behind all his powers.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 11:58 AM   #12
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:

It's not up to par with the past Batman series, Batman: The Animated Series, The Adventures of Batman and Robin, The New Batman Adventures, Batman Beyond, Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, but today's episode was pretty decent. I was flipping through and caught it, so I watched. They seem to be doing a better job with the stories. The cartoon is obviously for a younger age group, but they seem to have moved away from that slightly. It takes time getting used to the style, but the animation that they're able to do if fantastic.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:01 PM   #13
sunsruleoveryou
Can barely lace up my sneakers

sunsruleoveryou has an OK reputation so far

Silver Surfer Forever. :)
sunsruleoveryou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:07 PM   #14
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Cedric
I love Batman, but what is so super about him?

Superman has too many powers... that was my big rant as a kid.

It's the fact that he doesn't have any superpowers but conditioned his mind, body skill so well that he might as well have superpowers. He's gone head to head with people far more powerful than him and has done more than hold his own.

All that said... there's really only one explanation. He's Batman...

While Superman has a lot of powers, the thing that makes him so great is that he's lived a life where he must continuously be in control. As powerful as he is, he's afraid to inadvertently hurt someone, so he seldom uses all of his power. This makes him pretty vulnerable. And as powerful as he is, there are several characters who are more ridiculous... Silver Surfer, Phoenix...
Old 05-05-2007, 12:09 PM   #15
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsruleoveryou
Silver Surfer Forever. :)

Another thing I like about Batman is that you can start a vs. battle... Batman vs. Silver Surfer, and Batman will will the arguments 4 out of 5 times... He's Batman.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: