Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-05-2007, 08:34 PM   #1
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far
Default REALISTIC trade idea

I was watching the LA elimination game n Doug Collins was like Lakers need to take a chance this offseason and maybe get a guy who is overpaid and has been injured and hope that a change in scenario will help him.....then I thought to myself, who would fit this description, then it hit me........KENYON MARTIN!!!! He's no KG, no JO no Pau, and I know that he's really really overpaid, BUT let's be realistic u heard what Marc Stein, an insider, said about what we'd have to give up for JO, prolly more for KG or Pau....K-Mart wouldn't take us to the promised land, but we wouldn't destroy our team chemistry either.... Denver is in the luxury tax threshold n would prolly love 2 get rid of him just 4 Kwame's contract and the multiple picks we have (2 make up 4 the 1s they gave 4 AI n maybe radman cuz they need shootin). We'd still have LO, Bynum, K-Mart (a rugged defender and incredible athlete, rich man's Kwame)...we can hope Mo Williams wants 2 come 4 the midlevel.....BYnum, K-Mart, Odom, Kobe, Mo Williams....

Last edited by dblockallstars : 05-05-2007 at 08:41 PM.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:34 PM   #2
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

netdoc has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: REALISTIC trade idea

K-Mart is done. He's had many surgeries on his knees and he's done.

Camby is realistic - defensive pressance. Denver wants a three point shooter and he could be had for Sasha - Cookie and draft choices.

That would satisfy Mr. Jackson's "minor tweak". Then we use the MLE for a point guard.

Farmar (or whomever they obtain)
Bryant
Odom
Camby
Bynum

Kwame
Mihm
Radman
Walton

That would be realistic.
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:42 PM   #3
dblockallstars

Quote:
Originally Posted by netdoc
K-Mart is done. He's had many surgeries on his knees and he's done.

Camby is realistic - defensive pressance. Denver wants a three point shooter and he could be had for Sasha - Cookie and draft choices.

That would satisfy Mr. Jackson's "minor tweak". Then we use the MLE for a point guard.

Farmar (or whomever they obtain)
Bryant
Odom
Camby
Bynum

Kwame
Mihm
Radman
Walton

That would be realistic.
Well I don't kno how willing they'd b 2 trade their defensive player of the year the year he's finally healthy.... maybe k-mart was a bad idea but camby 4 cook n sasha, 1st off the #'s don't even work, marcus makes almost 10mil next yr cook n sasha combined prolly 4 mil... maybe rad, s&t mihm for a couple mil.........I still think a move by Nuggs would involve cap flexibiilty cuz they're payin a lotta folks specially when melo's new contract kicks in next yr, so kwame is our only big expiring contract????
Old 05-06-2007, 09:50 AM   #4
netdoc

This Trade Succeeded! Go back to adjust your trade or start over.
Los Angeles Lakers

Incoming Players
Linas Kleiza
Salary: $845,360 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 7.6 REB: 3.4 AST: 0.6 PER: 11.11

Marcus Camby
Salary: $8,800,000 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 11.2 REB: 11.7 AST: 3.2 PER: 19.10

Outgoing Players: Brian Cook, Kwame BrownDenver Nuggets

Incoming Players
Brian Cook
Salary: $1,817,141 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 6.9 REB: 3.3 AST: 1.0 PER: 14.83

Kwame Brown
Salary: $8,287,500 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 8.4 REB: 6.0 AST: 1.8 PER: 13.79

Outgoing Players: Linas Kleiza, Marcus Camby

Add a draft pick and I'm sure they'd consider it..... Then add this trade -

This Trade Succeeded! Go back to adjust your trade or start over.
Los Angeles Lakers

Incoming Players
Mark Madsen
Salary: $2,210,000 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 1.1 REB: 1.6 AST: 0.2 PER: 4.55

Mike James
Salary: $5,215,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 10.1 REB: 2.0 AST: 3.6 PER: 13.30

Outgoing Players: Vladimir Radmanovic, Sasha VujacicMinnesota Timberwolves

Incoming Players
Vladimir Radmanovic
Salary: $5,215,000 Years Remaining: 5
PTS: 6.6 REB: 3.3 AST: 1.2 PER: 11.02

Sasha Vujacic
Salary: $973,920 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 4.3 REB: 1.5 AST: 0.9 PER: 11.67

Outgoing Players: Mark Madsen, Mike James

That gives us:
Mike James
Kobe
Odom
Camby
Bynum

Walton
Madson
Mihm
Kleiza
Turiaff

2 energy guys off the bench with Madson and Turiaff - PLUS you get someone that is built for the triangle with James and Madson.

Last edited by netdoc : 05-06-2007 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:58 AM   #5
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

Ok first, I applaud you for thinking outside the box

I've always been a fan of KMart going back to his Jersey days and I would love to have a healthy KMart on the Lakers.
Yeah, guys like Salto will now say I only like him because he's passionate but I really thought highly of him back when he played with Jersey.
I remember how well he played against Duncan in the finals until he got injured.
He was really really good and contrary to a popular belief, I don't think Kidd made him. KMart was good.

Anyway, I don't know much about him these days. Honestly, I don't remember the last time I heard his game prior to well, the moment I opened this thread.

So IDK. I know nothing about him now so I won't comment on that.

But what the hell do you mean by "won't destroy our chemistry"?
Sorry but get this straight. We have no chemistry.
Our chemistry is to give the ball to Kobe and expect him to score 40 points a game.
Other than that the only chemistry we have includes starters that should be bench players.
We still can't even run the triangle after 2 years but instead we go to screen and roll and other stuff.
In terms of collective, chemistry, togetherness etc...we have NOTHING.

This team has no core, no chemistry, no direction, nothing. So with that in mind, there is absolutley nothing that will get destroyed once we hopefully blow this team up.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:42 PM   #6
dblockallstars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
Ok first, I applaud you for thinking outside the box

I've always been a fan of KMart going back to his Jersey days and I would love to have a healthy KMart on the Lakers.
Yeah, guys like Salto will now say I only like him because he's passionate but I really thought highly of him back when he played with Jersey.
I remember how well he played against Duncan in the finals until he got injured.
He was really really good and contrary to a popular belief, I don't think Kidd made him. KMart was good.

Anyway, I don't know much about him these days. Honestly, I don't remember the last time I heard his game prior to well, the moment I opened this thread.

So IDK. I know nothing about him now so I won't comment on that.

But what the hell do you mean by "won't destroy our chemistry"?
Sorry but get this straight. We have no chemistry.
Our chemistry is to give the ball to Kobe and expect him to score 40 points a game.
Other than that the only chemistry we have includes starters that should be bench players.
We still can't even run the triangle after 2 years but instead we go to screen and roll and other stuff.
In terms of collective, chemistry, togetherness etc...we have NOTHING.

This team has no core, no chemistry, no direction, nothing. So with that in mind, there is absolutley nothing that will get destroyed once we hopefully blow this team up.

thnx 4 the applause n ur post wuz pretty fun, but u have 2 atleast agree that a complete overhaul of the roster isn't always gonna produce instant results, just look @ AI n Melo.... of course if u have nash or somebody that can make the offense easy, then that's another story. IF we still want Phil n guys don't kno the triangle, then we might be better suited in keeping LO & Luke...I obviously think Camby is betta than K-mart n if we can get him for Kwame, Cook, n picks, do it.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:47 PM   #7
dblockallstars

Quote:
Incoming Players
Mark Madsen
Salary: $2,210,000 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 1.1 REB: 1.6 AST: 0.2 PER: 4.55

Mike James
Salary: $5,215,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 10.1 REB: 2.0 AST: 3.6 PER: 13.30

Outgoing Players: Vladimir Radmanovic, Sasha VujacicMinnesota Timberwolves

Incoming Players
Vladimir Radmanovic
Salary: $5,215,000 Years Remaining: 5
PTS: 6.6 REB: 3.3 AST: 1.2 PER: 11.02

Sasha Vujacic
Salary: $973,920 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 4.3 REB: 1.5 AST: 0.9 PER: 11.67

Outgoing Players: Mark Madsen, Mike James

That gives us:
Mike James
Kobe
Odom
Camby
Bynum

Walton
Madson
Mihm
Kleiza
Turiaff

2 energy guys off the bench with Madson and Turiaff - PLUS you get someone that is built for the triangle with James and Madson.

I forgot all about Mike James, he was a 20pt scorer 2 yrs ago n he pretty much said he wants out of Minnesota, so I think he could be had for RAdman n picks n sasha.... that would instantly solve our pg problems, n we wouldn't have given too many of our assets in trying 2 get JO.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:02 PM   #8
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far

**** is this? Are you allergic to periods and the words "to" and "four". That was brutal to read, I couldn't even decipher what the trade was. All I got out of that was KMart and Camby. In which case, the Nuggets would not be willing to part with their defensive anchor in Camby (DPOY), and KMart's contract is a *****, but its not worth the Nuggets giving up Camby. No way the Nuggets are going to swap the DPOY for Kwame. **** outta here.

Seriously though, work or using paragraphs, spaces in between sentences, and using the words "to" and "four" instead of numbers. These are two and four letters words, and it wouldn't be a major inconvenience to use them.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:21 PM   #9
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^ dude it's the internet .period. correcting someone's gramar is on par with barking at the moon.period. quit being a tool.period.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:48 AM   #10
netdoc

Quote:
**** is this? Are you allergic to periods and the words "to" and "four". That was brutal to read, I couldn't even decipher what the trade was. All I got out of that was KMart and Camby. In which case, the Nuggets would not be willing to part with their defensive anchor in Camby (DPOY), and KMart's contract is a *****, but its not worth the Nuggets giving up Camby. No way the Nuggets are going to swap the DPOY for Kwame. **** outta here.

Seriously though, work or using paragraphs, spaces in between sentences, and using the words "to" and "four" instead of numbers. These are two and four letters words, and it wouldn't be a major inconvenience to use them.

When did this forum become "English 101 (one zero one)" <question mark> And when did we allow choads like this to type **** in our forum without catching a beat down <question mark>

This being the FIRST year that Camby has stayed healthy an entire year, Kwame is a defensive presance in his own right and doesn't need to score alot. Cook is a 3 point threat that Denver needs PLUS Kwame is in his last year so it give Denver some cap space at the end of his deal (which I think Iverson is in his last 2 (oh I'm sorry TWO) years of his contract so it gives them flexibility to resign him.

Let's put it this way, NONE of us are experts and all we're (WE ARE) doing is having a little fun with our extra time in the off season. NONE of us knows what L.A. is doing this year - we are all hoping that they do SOMETHING to get us back to the promised land.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:35 AM   #11
netdoc

And before you go talking about "oh, Denver would never give up Camby for XXXXX person" Read this:

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_5828677

chump
Old 05-07-2007, 04:15 PM   #12
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

Quote:
^ dude it's the internet .period. correcting someone's gramar is on par with barking at the moon.period. quit being a tool.period.
ohoksoidonthavetopayanyattentiontotypingcorrectlys incethisisjustthe****kinginerneteh???? Wellihopeyouhaveafuntimereadingthissentencesinceid idntuseperiodsorcaps.

Quote:
When did this forum become "English 101 (one zero one)" <question mark> And when did we allow choads like this to type **** in our forum without catching a beat down <question mark>

This being the FIRST year that Camby has stayed healthy an entire year, Kwame is a defensive presance in his own right and doesn't need to score alot. Cook is a 3 point threat that Denver needs PLUS Kwame is in his last year so it give Denver some cap space at the end of his deal (which I think Iverson is in his last 2 (oh I'm sorry TWO) years of his contract so it gives them flexibility to resign him.

Let's put it this way, NONE of us are experts and all we're (WE ARE) doing is having a little fun with our extra time in the off season. NONE of us knows what L.A. is doing this year - we are all hoping that they do SOMETHING to get us back to the promised land.
Roffles. Right, Kwame is a defensive presance, definitly worth giving up teh DPOY, good thought there. How did I not see that? Oh wait, thats just stupid. Idiot fans will argue that Kwame is some sort of defensive stopper when his numbers don't show this at all, and when watching Lakers games, he gets shown up by offensive big men like Amare, Curry, Duncan, Jefferson etc. Show me a stat eluding to this defensive presance before I buy into that crock of ****.

And deal with the fact that I want to see spaces in between sentences, and proper sentence structure used. It takes 5 extra seconds.

Quote:
And before you go talking about "oh, Denver would never give up Camby for XXXXX person" Read this:

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_5828677

chump
They'd deal him for a good player, so Kwame and Odom are out of the question. If the Nuggets were offered somone like Gasol or JO for Camby, then they might deal if they could send over other contracts, but they won't deal him for the Lakers crap. If money becomes a big issue, then buying out Martin would be first, not dealing Camby.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:58 PM   #13
netdoc

Quote:
Roffles. Right, Kwame is a defensive presance, definitly worth giving up teh DPOY, good thought there. How did I not see that? Oh wait, thats just stupid. Idiot fans will argue that Kwame is some sort of defensive stopper when his numbers don't show this at all, and when watching Lakers games, he gets shown up by offensive big men like Amare, Curry, Duncan, Jefferson etc. Show me a stat eluding to this defensive presance before I buy into that crock of ****.

Roffles?

Quote:
And deal with the fact that I want to see spaces in between sentences, and proper sentence structure used. It takes 5 extra seconds.

Are you writing a paper for your 5th grade class? I mean, Roffles? :

Quote:
They'd deal him for a good player, so Kwame and Odom are out of the question. If the Nuggets were offered somone like Gasol or JO for Camby, then they might deal if they could send over other contracts, but they won't deal him for the Lakers crap. If money becomes a big issue, then buying out Martin would be first, not dealing Camby.

Are you kidding me? You're showing your age with that "NBA Live" trade - Camby for J.O. or Gasol? Geesh - killing me - can't........<period>.....stop......<period>.....l aughing

Apparently Camby can't guard the likes of Duncan either justified by their early exit out of the playoffs.

-> New paragraph. This IS the Laker forum....we propose trades and discuss them amongst (sorry, big word for small fry) the rest of us Laker bretheren (oh no, another one). Feel free to object to any of the comments listed - but do not insult our intelligence. MOST of us are adults with REAL jobs and REAL lives - but it's fun to dabble in the inner workings of the GM fantasy realm. If you can't deal with it, don't type, don't comment and definitely do not read them.

Geesh
Old 05-07-2007, 06:28 PM   #14
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

Quote:
Roffles?

Are you writing a paper for your 5th grade class? I mean, Roffles? :

Are you kidding me? You're showing your age with that "NBA Live" trade - Camby for J.O. or Gasol? Geesh - killing me - can't........<period>.....stop......<period>.....l aughing

Apparently Camby can't guard the likes of Duncan either justified by their early exit out of the playoffs.

-> New paragraph. This IS the Laker forum....we propose trades and discuss them amongst (sorry, big word for small fry) the rest of us Laker bretheren (oh no, another one). Feel free to object to any of the comments listed - but do not insult our intelligence. MOST of us are adults with REAL jobs and REAL lives - but it's fun to dabble in the inner workings of the GM fantasy realm. If you can't deal with it, don't type, don't comment and definitely do not read them.

Geesh
You've never heard roffles before? Must be an ISH thing. Roffles.

Anyway, I didn't saying specifically Camby for Gasol or JO. The Trade would probably have to involve the Nuggets sending over JR Smith and Nene while the Pacers/Grizz would have to send over other players, so don't put words in my mouth, clown.

BTw, I like how you quoted my post and didn't assess the basketball part, but just the roffles part.

And I don't care if you want to come here and post stupid trade ideas that would never happen, but don't be suprised when I show up to bash them.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:17 PM   #15
dblockallstars

Im happy the forum came 2 my defense cuz kingofthecourt wuz comin @ me real hard , but as for trading Nene, that won't happen both cuz Denver likes him n he has like 50 mill left on his contract n really hasnt shown 2b worth it... n king said that nuggs wouldn't trade marcus 4 LO or Kwame, which is crap cuz if we salaries were even I think they'd gladly do a 1 on 1 trade w/ Odom b/c then nuggs would pretty much b phoenix w/ Nene, Odom, Melo, AI, JR... not a lot of 3 pt shooters, but lots of scorers n playmakers

Last edited by dblockallstars : 05-07-2007 at 11:21 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: