Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 07-04-2006, 12:18 PM   #1
winci
Can barely lace up my sneakers

winci has an OK reputation so far
Lightbulb what should phoenix do ???

what should phoenix do now that most of their off-season targets aren't available (T.Thomas -clippers, B. Jackson-hornets, Hunter-pistons, DJ Mbenga-mavs).

Phoenix needs three things a point guard, a shooting guard and a real center.

Point Guard- Since Barbosa is going to be nash back up, and B-jax and hunter aren't available phoenix should go for Jannero Pargo, can hit the 3, play defense, is a better leader and playmaker than eddie house was and shouldn't come too expensive.

Shooting Guard- Bell is the only true 2guard the suns have (diaw can play every position but he will be playing the fowards spots). From what I've read the suns have invited Romain Sato to their summer league and he is 6'5 2guard that can hit the open shot, real good defender, great rebounder for his size, and is good 3 point shooter. It seems to be a good player to back up Bell since both of them are really similar. Should fit in nicely in the suns system.

Center- Phoenix needs an inside presence and there are four guys out there who are still available.Francisco Elson, Nazr Mohammed, Lorezen Wright and Chris Wilcox.
Elson can give us shotbloking and rebounding, shouldn't be too expensive.
Nazr would be nice but I don't what's his value out there . would give us defense, rebounding, and shotbloking.
Wright could help in the shotbloking and rebonding areas but I don't think the suns will be able to get him unless they are ready to trade kurt thomas.
Wilcox is an athletic beast, can help us in all areas but a sing and trade involving kurt thomas and possibly anoter player or pick would be need.

Phoenix should sing: Pargo, Romain Sato,and Elson. They are the most realistic options.
winci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:45 PM   #2
Walker
Cool Custom Title

Walker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat cool

Don't know where you heard Hunter is staying with Detroit, I haven't seen that anywhere.
Already agreed to terms with Eric P. from Bulls, no need for another shooter.
Elson is more of a 4 than 5, I'd prefer the experience of Wright.
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:08 PM   #3
jc123

jc123 has an OK reputation so far

i watched Romain Sato wen he was at Xavier, hes a underated player, he went 2 the Spurs in the draft and wasn't given a chance to shine on the big stage

Would be a good pick up by the Suns but they have commited to vet Eric Piakowtski
jc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:11 PM   #4
jc123

jc123 has an OK reputation so far

i dont know if Elson would be the impact inside scorer that the Suns r looking for, hes more focused on D.

Nazr wud b better in the suns system, he can run the floor well, has inside moves, and is a defensive threat also
jc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:15 PM   #5
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

What a great first post that was
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:18 PM   #6
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

and harpring agreed to stay with the jazz. Wheres the hunter agreement?
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:27 PM   #7
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

We need a Backup C, and point. Don't know where you got the impression that we needed a SG. Barbosa, contrary to beleifes, is NOT our backup PG. Even when he goes in for Nash, its like having to SGs in at the same time.

If we got Pargo, then we just need a backup Center, and we then we are back in the mix of things.

I say throw everything you got at Nazr and Pargo, Pargo being the priority. Thats really all we can do.

Nazr/Kurt
Amare/Diaw
Marion/Jones
Bell/Barbosa
Nash/Pargo

I wish I was the GM/president of the Suns, not Sarver, and D'Antoni, who is just follwing direct orders from Sarver.

I wish Paxson was our GM
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:51 PM   #8
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnd Nazr is gone.

The free agent pool is getting shorter by the day.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:15 PM   #9
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Is Reggie Evans a FA this year? Oops, now he'll be signed by another team just because I mentioned his name.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:42 PM   #10
winci

the free agent market gets shorter by the minute. Now that nazr is gone to detroit phoenix should focus on elson or lorenzen wright at C spot.

IMO Elson would be a better fit because he can block shots and rebound and he played a similar style in denver, we just need an inside presence.

I don't know how much will piatkowski help us, he is a good three point shooter but can't play defense.

For those of you who think romain sato can't help the suns. Sato averaged 25.6 ppg and 7.5 rebs (regulaer season) and 35 ppg and 14.6 rebs(through 3 games in the playoff) in the italian league , the guy is just 6'5 and have the reputation of been a lockdown defender

Last edited by winci : 07-04-2006 at 08:45 PM.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #11
dmenzion
I hit open layups

dmenzion has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by winci
the free agent market gets shorter by the minute. Now that nazr is gone to detroit phoenix should focus on elson or lorenzen wright at C spot.

IMO Elson would be a better fit because he can block shots and rebound and he played a similar style in denver, we just need an inside presence.

I don't know how much will piatkowski help us, he is a good three point shooter but can't play defense.

For those of you who think romain sato can't help the suns. Sato averaged 25.6 ppg and 7.5 rebs (regulaer season) and 35 ppg and 14.6 rebs(through 3 games in the playoff) in the italian league , the guy is just 6'5 and have the reputation of been a lockdown defender

EP can play defense hes pretty tough...hes old though so i dont see him stopping Pierce, Kobe, T-Mac...but he'll shutdown Bonzi Wells,MANU MANU MANU!!!, and Darius Miles type of players
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:41 PM   #12
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

All we really need is a back-up point(and health), Kurt Thomas, Amare, Marion, and Diaw will be able to handle all the 4/5 minutes.

Pargo's not a bad choice but he's also not pass-first so he's not really a good choice. That European bloke seems nice but who can really tell without having seen him play.

Bobby Jackson would have been terrific. Wish the Suns were spending money.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:28 AM   #13
winci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
All we really need is a back-up point(and health), Kurt Thomas, Amare, Marion, and Diaw will be able to handle all the 4/5 minutes.

Pargo's not a bad choice but he's also not pass-first so he's not really a good choice. That European bloke seems nice but who can really tell without having seen him play.

Bobby Jackson would have been terrific. Wish the Suns were spending money.

It's true Thomas, Amare, Marion and, Diaw will play most of the minutes at the 4/5 but we need depth at those position (remenber what happened last year) if any of them get injured we'll be very short at those position. The team is really small and it never hurts to add a big man.

the ideal choice at pg would be either Pargo or House, we just need someone with handles and 3 point range, they just got to come in and find Amare in a confortable position or drive and dish to the open man and make the open shot.

There are rumors PHX is interested in jumain jones, IMO he is a good player, can fit in the suns style,but we don't need another SF we already have Marion, James Jones, Diaw, piatkowski and Bell can play the SF too when we go with nash and barbosa at the 1/2. We need a SG not a SF unless the team is trading james jones or is already regretting signing paitkowski.:rollingeyes:
Old 07-21-2006, 10:11 PM   #14
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

why Sean Marks and not Elson???!!!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:44 PM   #15
dmenzion
I hit open layups

dmenzion has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
why Sean Marks and not Elson???!!!

basically when theres black players available dont take a white guy

unless its like a Dirk is available and so is Robert Traylor.

but the majority i mean.

Suns should sign Lorenzen Wright and end all of this suspense.
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: