Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 06:42 PM   #16
SomeBunghole
Banned

SomeBunghole has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Official Jazz vs. Warriors Game 1 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Would love to be a fly on the wall in the Jazz locker room as Sloan delivered the post game speech after that one!

Speech? What speech? He'd be slapping people upside the head.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:47 PM   #17
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Round 2: Jazz-Warriors Game 1

If Warriors are to win it will have to be in 6. I highly doubt they win a game 7 in Utah. I get the feeling that Boozer will be too tough to handle so I will take Utah in 6. Although I would really like the Warriors to win.

Last edited by All Net : 05-06-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:27 PM   #18
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

New Jazzy Nets has an OK reputation so far

this matchup should be very interesting we dont have to worry about two all stars every game like we did with yao and tmac, but we have to worry about a deeper team then the rockets were. Okur will be matched up by stephen jackson but i wonder who he plays on defense. the matchups should be interesting, allthough i think fish actually matches up to a two guard for a change in monta.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:48 PM   #19
iscariot
I airball my layups

iscariot has an OK reputation so far

I think it will come down to how effectively Utah shuts down Davis. Because Davis retains a higher degree of randomness to his nature - and play - he becomes a lot less predictable - and therefore more difficult to guard - than someone like McGrady.

Essntially, Kirilenko needs to stick on Davis like glue and make his life miserable as a result; certainly, there were signs of life from Kirilenko in games 5-7...

If Davis is effectively shut down then Utah will have too much inside and out of GS.

----

Side Note: Just loving the huge amount of coverage the Game 7 win got. I know the media don't love the Jazz but this has been ridiculous - Game 1 between the Pistons/ Bulls and the incipient Game 1 Cavs/Nets were getting/ got more coverage/ write ups and analysis than the Game 7 win...

I have this wonderful image of the Jazz winning everything and the result being a byline on page 16 of the sports section with the focus being on the fact that the NBA Head Office's Promotions/ Media team had committed mass suicide because they didn't know who the Jazz were and how to market their win...
Old 05-06-2007, 08:45 PM   #20
Cowboykiller
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Cowboykiller has an OK reputation so far

J-Rich and Harrington need to go off on the Jazz. Utah's probably going to double up on BD to throw off the Warriors tempo.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:51 PM   #21
SomeBunghole
Banned

SomeBunghole has an OK reputation so far

The backcourt matchups will be interesting in this series as well. Both GS starting guards are 6'3, as is Deron Williams. Fisher's 6'1. It'll be interesting to see who guards whom. Do the Warriors try to help Davis conserve energy by putting him on Fisher?
Old 05-06-2007, 09:20 PM   #22
D-Wade
Great college starter

D-Wade has an OK reputation so far

Can not wait for this game. Warriors have to take the first game.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:24 PM   #23
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iscariot
Essntially, Kirilenko needs to stick on Davis like glue and make his life miserable as a result
I seriously doubt that AK can check BDiddy. Nellie would exploit the hell out of that matchup.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:27 PM   #24
D-Wade
Great college starter

D-Wade has an OK reputation so far

B-Diddy going to be the main man in getting past the jazz.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:42 PM   #25
wildace

wildace has an OK reputation so far

I have never seen such unrelenting fighters as the Warriors, they are fearless. They fire 3 pointers without a second thought. They get the rebounds and pass down court before they are even sure someone is there to catch the ball.

I would never bet against fighters that have no fear! Go Warriors! I also love seeing all the experts being proven wrong---about the team---about the coach---about their chances. Nothing would make be happier than to see the Warriors go all the way!
Old 05-07-2007, 01:22 AM   #26
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

Warriors are going to run them out of the building. Too many athletes/depth and Utah's weak SG position is going get really exploited.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:50 AM   #27
humbug

humbug has an OK reputation so far

this will be agood matchup

both bdiddy and williams will finally match up against legit PGs, while warriors will need to slow down the inside game of the jazz. on the other hand, jazz will face a significantly more athletic and faster team than the rockets with the ability to spread the floor like the suns. i think okur will be a nonfactor in this series since he is a worse version of dirk who can be bodied up by a smaller guy and basically nullified. boozer should get big numbers though. i'm pulling for warriors in 6.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:09 AM   #28
iscariot
I airball my layups

iscariot has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
Warriors are going to run them out of the building. Too many athletes/depth and Utah's weak SG position is going get really exploited.

Utah's SG weakness is only a weakness in that the SG doesn't score 20+ a night; that being said give me Fisher's experience and defense.

As for scoring Utah has never at least in the last 15 years relied on scoring from the SG position. Even Hornacek never scored - on average - more than about 15 a game; he was there as a sharpshooter not a traditional SG scoring option. Utah has predominantly scored through the pick and roll [now being Williams and Boozer instead of the other two who's names escape me *grin*].

Utah actually has MORE scoring depth than they did in the 90s - Okur at centre is a genuine scoring threat and while he might not be the defensive legend that Eaton was, Eaton couldn't score in a brothel.

Kirilenko can score 10+ a night as can Harpring, Giricek, and Fisher; even Milsap can be relied upon for points.

As for the comments about GS having more athletes. While that is probably true in terms of pure speed on the floor they're going to get eaten alive on the boards not only defensively, but also offensively. I will - tentatively -suggest that unless GS shoots over 50% for the series they won't get close.

Remember, Nellieball is based on speed and offense, while Utah is a traditional half-court team who, IIRC, lead [or second?] the league in rebounds.

It will be an interesting series.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:32 AM   #29
nbapoints
Decent playground baller

nbapoints has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Essntially, Kirilenko needs to stick on Davis like glue and make his life miserable as a result; certainly, there were signs of life from Kirilenko in games 5-7...

Geesh, if they have Kirilenko guarding Davis I better go to Vegas. I mean, why would you think he is going to be guarding Davis?
Old 05-07-2007, 02:50 AM   #30
Cowboykiller

Cowboykiller has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer

Man, these Warriors bring back alot of memories from My Lakers when SHOWTIME was around. Same tempo...RUN AND GUN. Just think if the Warriors get a big man somehow next year that can shoot the skyhook.

Go Warriors and Lakers!

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread