Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 03:50 AM   #31
SomeBunghole
Banned

Default Re: Round 2: Jazz-Warriors Game 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbapoints
Geesh, if they have Kirilenko guarding Davis I better go to Vegas. I mean, why would you think he is going to be guarding Davis?

Kirilenko is NOT going to guard Davis. He'll guard Richardson or Jackson.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:58 AM   #32
iscariot
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbapoints
Geesh, if they have Kirilenko guarding Davis I better go to Vegas. I mean, why would you think he is going to be guarding Davis?

I should probably have clarified slightly. I can see Kirilenko doing a lot of help defense on Davis and I can, where the lineup rotates, being placed on Davis; for example:

Mr Bunghole is right that he'll probably guard Richardson or Jackson; but I'm thinking that if Utah runs: Okur, Boozer, Harpring, Kirilenko, Williams - then Kirilenko will slide over to guard Davis. I would also expect the same thing if Giricek was playing SG.

I don't proclaim to be speaking gospel, this is just my opinion.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:40 AM   #33
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Well,I know for sure that Boozer is going to beast in this series but only if he posts up.He won't have the speed and quickness factor that he utilized against Yao Ming.I can also see Richardson,S Jackson and obviously B Davis having monster series because those are the type of players that have exploded on Utah all year.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:51 AM   #34
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

GS in 6. GS will win tomorrow 106-99.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:23 AM   #35
Heretik32
Myrrh

Jazz by 10, lots of baffled faces around here.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #36
Fatal9
owwwww

Not having home court is really gonna hurt the Warriors. They just need to win one game out of the first two and they'll set themselves up for a series win. There is no way any team outside of the Spurs can win in the Warrior's arena, especially when a team relies on perimeter shooting. I still remember the way Utah got their ass handed to them late this season so I'll say Warriors will win in 6 maybe 7.

Can't wait to watch this game tonight. Both teams are capable of running but I have no idea what type of strategy UTah is going to come with.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:38 PM   #37
DRUMGEE
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal9
There is no way any team outside of the Spurs can win in the Warrior's arena, especially when a team relies on perimeter shooting.

Can't wait to watch this game tonight. Both teams are capable of running but I have no idea what type of strategy UTah is going to come with.

I think the Jazz are going to win @ Oracle.
The Jazz do not rely on outside shooting, they just beat you with outside shooting if you have Yao, the Warriors don't.

I am guessing the Jazz use the same strategy they have used for the last twenty years. Use all 24 seconds and make you play tough physical interior defense. Nothing is going to change, the Warriors will end up playing Jazz ball.

Jazz in 6.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:20 PM   #38
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
Warriors are going to run them out of the building. Too many athletes/depth and Utah's weak SG position is going get really exploited.
no way utah falls into that trap. If worse somes to worse theyll do what they did at the end of last season. Start AK at teh 2 and Harpring at the 3.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:27 PM   #39
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug
i think okur will be a nonfactor in this series since he is a worse version of dirk who can be bodied up by a smaller guy and basically nullified.
Do you watch games or just highlights, while there are similarities in Dirk and Memo's game, memo is a way better defender (about average) and can play in the post (esp the high post) with a lot of good finishing moves. Look at some tape of him playing under LB at the pistons (particularly when he started pre-sheed). HE was rarely allowed to rotate out tot he perimeter and did most of his damage inside. Now the jazz do tend to use him as a perimiter mismatch, bbut sloan is a smart enough coach to take advantage of both him and Booz int he post (granted it will primarily be boozer).
Old 05-07-2007, 04:04 PM   #40
Koolbreeze07
I airball my layups

Utah in 6. They will not just let the Warriors run wild like Dallas. They will play better defense and I think the Warriors' relentless style will show the disadvantages. I notice when you frustrate key players their team folds and Utah's defense can be stifling. I'm a Rockets fan and from what I saw the Jazz have plenty of depth and X-factors of their own. It will be fun to watch though.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:19 PM   #41
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

It'll be interesting to see whether Nellie can dictate tempo this series. If not, Boozer's just gonna go ape**** on GS.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:41 PM   #42
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The team that dictates tempo will win the series. GS can't compete with Utah in a halfcourt game and Utah can't compete with GS in a high speed uptempo game.

I say Utah will win in 6. I hope that I an wrong though as I want to see GS win.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #43
SoulMattic
I airball my layups

I have an odd feeling about this one.. logic says Boozer will dominate, but I have a feeling he will not put up the same numbers he did in the Rockets series....

For all the low post quick moves he used on Yao, he also hit a lot of wide open rainbow jumpshots in the paint, I don't think he will be able to do this agains the warriors.. he is going to have to pound it inside while avoiding turnovers from the warriors swiping the ball
Old 05-07-2007, 06:05 PM   #44
cyco127
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolbreeze07
Utah in 6. They will not just let the Warriors run wild like Dallas. They will play better defense and I think the Warriors' relentless style will show the disadvantages. I notice when you frustrate key players their team folds and Utah's defense can be stifling. I'm a Rockets fan and from what I saw the Jazz have plenty of depth and X-factors of their own. It will be fun to watch though.

Co-signed.

Jazz in SiX

This is tough though cause I like GS... Except Stephen Jackson..
Old 05-07-2007, 06:05 PM   #45
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

IMO these two teams have the best fans in the NBA. It's going to be very difficult for either team to win on the road.

I'm really excited for this series. I was rooting for the warriors againt the mavs, but now that they are playing my team i want them destroyed. I think the jazz will win in 6 very tough games. I have a feeling that most of the games in this series will come down to the wire, and that the jazz will be able to execute down the stretch of those games.

Go Jazz!

Good luck warriors. Either way it's amazing that one of our teams is going to the Western Conference Finals!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread