Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-07-2007, 12:24 PM   #16
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Tobey Maguire Signs On To Do 4 More Spidey Movies?

I though I read somewhere that he didn't want to star in future Spidey movies?
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #17
beesechurger
I hit open layups

beesechurger has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
I was at the theater about to watch the movie and the guy who worked there told me that he knows people at columbia pictures(because he is head supervisor at the theater and he hears things)they make spiderman, and he said Tobey signed a 4 year deal to do 4 more movies, so this aint over. He said this is no joke, and they have not realesed it to the press yet though.

lie idiot
beesechurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:30 PM   #18
g12affix
I airball my layups

g12affix has an OK reputation so far

on the news this morning they stated maguire, dunst, & raimi (director) all made a pact - if all 3 are asked to come back to do the 4th movie, they will. if 1 is not asked to come back none of them will do the 4th movie. simple as that.
g12affix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:35 PM   #19
Mr.Fundamentals
I brick open layups

Mr.Fundamentals has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
This would be suicide for the studios. They would be paying around $20-25 million (WTF?!) to an actor who really isn't even that good. I know what you heard is only rumor, but four Spiderman movies in four years in impossible. With all the graphics, effects, costumes, filming, editing, etc. for four films in such a small amount of time is insane unless they're willing to spend $1.5 billion or more in four years.

Four more movies would kill and bury Spiderman, after lukewarm reviews of the third, I doubt the public wants four more of these.

u must dont like spiderman...some of us do which includes me.....I intend 2 see all of them
Mr.Fundamentals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:39 PM   #20
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

http://imdb.com/news/wenn/2007-05-07/

Quote:
Studio Signs for Three More 'Spider-Man' Movies
Webbed superhero Spider-Man will appear in at least three more movies, Sony Pictures has confirmed. The studio's chief executive Michael Lynton said after the box office success of the latest release Spider-Man 3, there is a huge audience waiting to see the story continue. Lynton tells BBC News, "Everybody has every intention of making a fourth, a fifth and a sixth and on and on. (We'll make) as many as we can make good stories for." Spider-Man 3 entered the record books as the most successful new release ever after taking $148 million in its opening weekend. Lynton enthuses, "I think it had a lot to do with timing - the fact we were the first out in the summer. I think it had to do with the fact that the movie had a universal appeal, it had a broader appeal than the second movie, it attracted a family audience and brought the family audience back. There were many factors that contributed to it, and there's a part that you just put down to 'I don't know'." Lynton did not confirm whether director Sam Raimi or Tobey Maguire would be coming back for the fourth installment and beyond.
Well tobey aint sure may they will introduce a new spiderman like the ben reily alter ego and have a new actor
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:08 PM   #21
Top_Of_Tha_World
High School Varsity 12th Man

Top_Of_Tha_World has an OK reputation so far

Man I love spidey movies. I hope they dont get wack though.....like batman movies.
Top_Of_Tha_World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:06 PM   #22
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fundamentals
u must dont like spiderman...some of us do which includes me.....I intend 2 see all of them

I am a Batman fan mostly, and now that Christopher Nolan has taken over the franchise I couldn't be more excited.

I enjoyed the first and thought the second was great. I can't see 3 until Wednesday but I have not heard very good things. I just don't want to see the studios over-expose Spiderman and ruin his "legacy" as one the three SUPER super heroes with Batman and Superman.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: