Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-18-2016, 11:42 PM   #31
Lakers91
Serious playground baller

Default Re: ☆Official 2016 Lakers Draft Thread | Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram train

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
This report says that Philly prefers Simmons

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/re...with-no-1-pick

Honestly who has any idea what the 76ers will do come draft day , but they need a franchise level player and I really can't see them passing up on Simmons, take the best available talent available and I think they'll trade the assets to make it work. Which means we get Ingram and I'm perfectly happy with that, or if they take Ingram I'll be perfectly happy with that too

I don't think there will be any surprises at this stage (now that I say that haha), I think it's 1 & 2 (Simmons/Ingram) then daylight at this stage who's 3 unless someone really blows the FO away at workouts and interviews.
Lakers91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:32 AM   #32
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆Official 2016 Lakers Draft Thread | Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram train

I wonder if Simmons will try to not work out well for Philly. Maybe make Ingram look better in the workouts. 1 and 2 seem to be locks. That 2nd pick in the draft can be scary though lol. It hasn't worked out for a lot of teams.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 01:34 AM   #33
tamaraw08
Great college starter

Quote:
This report says that Philly prefers Simmons

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/re...with-no-1-pick

Im predicting Colangelo would shop Okafor or Noel to a team like Denver and get the Nugget's pick or for their future first pick.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:39 AM   #34
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Im predicting Colangelo would shop Okafor or Noel to a team like Denver and get the Nugget's pick or for their future first pick.
Denver has two young really good big men. I'm not sure they would want Okafur. They're really happy with the development of Jokic and Nurkic. They have a PG in Mudiay. A really good wing in Gallo. I think they want to move on from Faried. They also seem to be looking for a SG. But I'm sure there's a team out there that would give up a 1st rounder for him. I guess it just depends on how far lower they would be willing to move down than that for him. Probably not much.
Old 05-19-2016, 04:56 AM   #35
GimmeThat
NBA lottery pick

if we get Ingram, the equal opportunity offense Luke Walton will try to implement will not work. It will be interesting to see who else we get afterwards.
GimmeThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 02:23 AM   #36
tamaraw08
Great college starter

Quote:
Denver has two young really good big men. I'm not sure they would want Okafur. They're really happy with the development of Jokic and Nurkic. They have a PG in Mudiay. A really good wing in Gallo. I think they want to move on from Faried. They also seem to be looking for a SG. But I'm sure there's a team out there that would give up a 1st rounder for him. I guess it just depends on how far lower they would be willing to move down than that for him. Probably not much.

Im not sure I agree that they are "really good", sure they could develop but
Nurkic averaging 41.7% 8pts and Jokic ave 7 rebs, .7 blocks are not exactly spectacular.
Sure, OKafor's defense leaves something to be desired but I truly believe that with the right system, good teammates etc, he can give you 18pts, 9 rebs, something like Brook Lopez and Al Jeff has been providing.
Jalil has been put in a very bad situation where his bosses were so obsessed with losing that they let on of their fewest bright spots in Ish Smith(12 pts/game) go just like that.
Maybe not Denver, but it would just not make sense for them to keep all their young centers and PFs.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 02:08 PM   #37
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
NBA Rookie of the Year Karl-Anthony Towns of the Minnesota Timberwolves and Kristaps Porzingis of the New York Knicks have been unanimously selected to the 2015-16 NBA All-Rookie First Team, the NBA announced today. Both players received all 130 First Team votes from a panel of sportswriters and broadcasters in the United States and Canada. Joining Towns and Porzingis on the First Team are the Phoenix Suns’ Devin Booker (103 First Team votes, 231 points), the Denver Nuggets’ Nikola Jokic (73 First Team votes, 186 points) and the Philadelphia 76ers’ Jahlil Okafor (71 First Team votes, 186 points)

Jokic was a 1st team selection. Mudiay on the other hand was a 2nd team selection. But I do get your point as I have said the same about the Sixers before. They can't go into the season (or at least finish it) with all those PF's and C's. They need to make a trade and balance the team out. Okafor for Clarkson and make next years pick unprotected :). The Lakers sign Derozen (like everyone seems to think will happen). Then they have a back court of Russell and Derozen.
Old 05-20-2016, 02:11 PM   #38
dd24
NBA lottery pick

And by the way Russell was a 2nd team selection:

Quote:
The NBA All-Rookie Second Team consists of the Miami Heat’s Justise Winslow (151 points, 44 First Team votes), the Los Angeles Lakers’ D’Angelo Russell (142 points, 25 First Team votes), the Nuggets’ Emmanuel Mudiay (140 points, 35 First Team votes), the Indiana Pacers’ Myles Turner (139 points, 28 First Team votes) and the Sacramento Kings’ Willie Cauley-Stein (50 points, two First Team votes).
Old 05-20-2016, 08:11 PM   #39
LA.MJ&KB#1
Decent college freshman

It's obvious the Lakers are in a great position and I'm hoping we could some how get a nice center. I'm thinking no matter what Ben Simmons will become a laker down the road.

Let's focus on getting Hassan and Ingram and trade Clarkson to make room for DeRozan or Barnes.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 08:45 PM   #40
dd24
NBA lottery pick

I like that idea.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:18 PM   #41
kkinchen
High School Varsity 6th Man

I think we should take Kris Dunn with the number 2 pick. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=63GAIjzVH3M

There is a chance my boy Thon Maker will be available in the second round too. So, that's an obvious pick there also.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:21 PM   #42
bladefd
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
It's obvious the Lakers are in a great position and I'm hoping we could some how get a nice center. I'm thinking no matter what Ben Simmons will become a laker down the road.

Let's focus on getting Hassan and Ingram and trade Clarkson to make room for DeRozan or Barnes.

I definitely think we should try to get Whiteside as a priority.. You don't even need to draw any plays for Whiteside as he is the rebounder/put-back guy like Rodman in the trenches so I like that. Isn't Harrison Barnes a SF?

Otherwise, good idea!
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:13 AM   #43
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Yup, Barnes is a SF. He's going to get a big deal, and he's just going to end up being a role player where ever he signs. I'm not sure he's worth all the money.
Old 05-21-2016, 04:31 PM   #44
bladefd
NBA lottery pick

I don't know if I would trade Clarkson for DeRozan.. I don't think I would

They are equal on offense, Clarkson is much cheaper.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:13 PM   #45
kkinchen
High School Varsity 6th Man

Metta World Peace recently suggested we should draft Thon Maker in the second round if he is still available. I suggested that a while ago, and hope he is available at 32 when we pick.

Other than that, I really hope we take the best defensive player with our number 2 pick. Ingram is know for his defense, as is Bender, as is Dunn.

We have a chance to rebuild fast this summer by signing other quality DEFENSIVE players such as Biyombo and Harrison Barnes.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: