Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-07-2007, 12:25 AM   #16
Done_And_Done
D & D

Default Re: Video Evidence that the 1985 NBA draft was fixed???

It amazes me as to how Stern was an even bigger jack@ss in 85 then he is now and thats saying alot...
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:31 AM   #17
kentatm
NBA Legend

We've had the Miken era, the Russel era, the Kareem era and now the Ewing era.

the way the event is is presented is cheesy and lame as hell too.

why are all the cameramen off the shoulder? get some tripods guys!

Last edited by kentatm : 05-07-2007 at 12:34 AM.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:33 AM   #18
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

"...Blue chippers like Waymon Tisdale and Benoit Benjamin..." :
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:37 AM   #19
kentatm
NBA Legend

"The order of those selections is to be determined by a random drawing. Thats why we're here."

No sh-t Stern? Really? Thanks for the heads up! The TV announcer just explained it to us so I guess its the people in the room didn't know what was up.

The guys from the Kings, Bob Cook seems like a slippery little snot.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:39 AM   #20
icemanfan
Local High School Star

honestly I have to say that if I was on an jury I would convict the NBA of fixing the draft off of that video. He intensionally reached in there, grabed the one with the bent corner, flipped it over to dump the other two envelopes off of it and then hands it to the guy to place in the #1 slot. Before he sticks his hand in he lets out a sigh (quite audible) and LOOKS into the container. Anyone who was intent on being random turns his head so as to appear to be honest. Wow man I never believed they had fixed that. Very, very interesting.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:47 AM   #21
kentatm
NBA Legend

it does seem he searched a tad and its clearly bent at 5:31.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:58 AM   #22
jjswifty

I wonder what stern would have to say if confronted about this?
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:19 AM   #23
Soundwave
NBA lottery pick

Errr ... the corner very easily could have become bent during the spinning process there, the envelopes were clearly flying around.

Also Stern picks up the envelope but the bent corner was facing away from him, so I really don't think he could have seen it.

I don't think this is much of a conspiracy. The Orlando Magic situation is much more dubious.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:26 AM   #24
kumquat
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm

The guys from the Kings, Bob Cook seems like a slippery little snot.

You don't like the comb-over
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:01 PM   #25
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Damn
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:39 AM   #26
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

ive always beleived that all of the lotterys have been fixed- & if you understand their pattern than you can usually guess who is going to win it- i believe that

-teams must do something (or have the ability to do something) ie- the twolves earned their spot for getting garnett to boston-

-i believe that they try to place more than 3 players- ie seattle & new york both (at the time of the lottery)"winning the second and 3rd point gaurds

-most importantly i think promises are made & almost always held to- i think this year was a rare miss on that , but for a positive reason- i believe that the fix tries to place a white player in one of the 3 picks- i think minnisota had pre promised to take love or lopez, which they basically did & added another player - i think the pistons promised the darko pick too early

-i also think they look at player trades that result after the lottery- both miami and chicago could really help some other good teams out w trades- hinrich in denver fixes another franchise-

i thought milwakee would win this lottery and give the nba a san antonio north- a global known team with rose/yi/bogut- i was shocked to see yi moved, but will that make the nba happy enough to let the bucks "win" a top 3 pick next year? if they trade micheal redd to new york or cleveland it will

- you also have to not do stupid stuff- or prove for a while to earn your chance back- its why ny couldnt win this year, but might next- and also why memphis is going back & forth on deserving a "win"- i hope for oj's case that they get a #1 scorer so he can be an all arond player instead of needing to be a top scorer

its all fixed all the time next years early candidates for top 3- new york(who ive never picked), jersey, milwaukee, - ill get back to you on that later- im over 50% for the last 7-8 years-
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 02:51 AM   #27
mattreis62
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
ive always beleived that all of the lotterys have been fixed- & if you understand their pattern than you can usually guess who is going to win it- i believe that

-teams must do something (or have the ability to do something) ie- the twolves earned their spot for getting garnett to boston-

-i believe that they try to place more than 3 players- ie seattle & new york both (at the time of the lottery)"winning the second and 3rd point gaurds

-most importantly i think promises are made & almost always held to- i think this year was a rare miss on that , but for a positive reason- i believe that the fix tries to place a white player in one of the 3 picks- i think minnisota had pre promised to take love or lopez, which they basically did & added another player - i think the pistons promised the darko pick too early

-i also think they look at player trades that result after the lottery- both miami and chicago could really help some other good teams out w trades- hinrich in denver fixes another franchise-

i thought milwakee would win this lottery and give the nba a san antonio north- a global known team with rose/yi/bogut- i was shocked to see yi moved, but will that make the nba happy enough to let the bucks "win" a top 3 pick next year? if they trade micheal redd to new york or cleveland it will

- you also have to not do stupid stuff- or prove for a while to earn your chance back- its why ny couldnt win this year, but might next- and also why memphis is going back & forth on deserving a "win"- i hope for oj's case that they get a #1 scorer so he can be an all arond player instead of needing to be a top scorer

its all fixed all the time next years early candidates for top 3- new york(who ive never picked), jersey, milwaukee, - ill get back to you on that later- im over 50% for the last 7-8 years-

You need another hobby, or a girlfriend.
mattreis62 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: