Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-06-2007, 09:35 PM   #16
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: I used to work at McDonald's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Tell me the secret for their fries.

frozen fries are contained in a brown bag, frozen, each day they bring up about 12 bags and put it in a minifridge near the fryers. requires restocking a few times a day.

the oil is vegetable oil and it is restocked once a day at night.

a fry dispensing machine dumps a certain amount of fries into a frying bin, and then you just put that into the fryer and press the button and wait for the time to expire.

then you dump drain the grease and dump it in to the fry dispense and sprinkled salt on it.

the fries person is trained to make and maintain a certain amount of fries for time periods ( statistically shown which time they are more popular, more are mad and prepared)

if after 30 minutes no one ordesr them, they must be dumped and new ones be made.

i was always irritated when people wanted their fries w/o salt or simply wanted hot fries. had to make a new batch.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:35 PM   #17
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
whats the secret sauce??????? thousand island huh

the Big Mac sauce is premade at the McDonald's headquarters, but yes it is essentially a variation of thousand island dressing with mayo and a tad of tartar sauce.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:38 PM   #18
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
cuz rich white kids normally dont work at mcdonalds?
Very rash generalization there. I'm a white kid, but not rich, and I wouldn't mind working at McDonalds. But my application got rejected because my spanish skills were very limited.

I was gonna get a pic of me pointing at the McDonalds, start a thread on ISH asking for a photoshop with a sign saying "NO CRACKERS ALOUD!", but I didn't have the time.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:39 PM   #19
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
Very rash generalization there. I'm a white kid, but not rich, and I wouldn't mind working at McDonalds. But my application got rejected because my spanish skills were very limited.

I was gonna get a pic of me pointing at the McDonalds, start a thread on ISH asking for a photoshop with a sign saying "NO CRACKERS ALOUD!", but I didn't have the time.

do you live in an urban area? I worked at a McDonald's in a pseudo-suburban McDonald's.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:41 PM   #20
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
do you live in an urban area? I worked at a McDonald's in a pseudo-suburban McDonald's.
Its not the hood or anything, but its a small town thats mostly populated by blacks and mexicans. It seems to be getting more urban each year though.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:45 PM   #21
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

How much did you make?

Did you get free food? Did you get sick of eating free food?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:48 PM   #22
GTO
I airball my layups

GTO has an OK reputation so far

did you ever spit in the drink? did you see someone do it?
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:49 PM   #23
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
How much did you make?

Did you get free food? Did you get sick of eating free food?

started minimum. but I worked my asss off as the years went on. you get $20 if you employee of the month.

got up to about $9/hr near the end of high school, and when college began, I worked sparingly, only on the easiest hours because I dormed away from where I lived in high school.

and for every 5+hour shift, they give you a break in which you can get free food.

basically any burger you want, a side item (small fries, pie, yogurt, ice cream), and a small drink.

but when I worked nightshifts (once I hit 18 in my senior year of high school, they asked me and my friend to work nightshifts until about 2am) and during that time, they have to clear out the remaining food and make breakfast. and damn... let me tell you, I went all out. i cleared out the fruit and walnut salads, i cleared out the chicken nuggets, the chicken selects, mde myself a quadruple pounder with cheese and bacon...

how could you get sick of that? best part was, with all the walking around and standing and nonstop talking, you could eat that and not get fat.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:49 PM   #24
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
did you ever spit in the drink? did you see someone do it?

the drink dispenser is right in front of the counter. people can see you. not a wise move to spit in it.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #25
GTO
I airball my layups

Quote:
the drink dispenser is right in front of the counter. people can see you. not a wise move to spit in it.

i am a drive-thru customer.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:53 PM   #26
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
i am a drive-thru customer.

a machine automatically dispenses the drinks. and there are cameras and usually the drive thru is within range of peeping customers.

if they do it, they must do it at late night. idk i never do it. that's nasty.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:58 PM   #27
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default I used to work at an EMS Corp.

in high school, I volunteered with a local ambulance house. I received basic training (none to actually deal with patients, but got to understand the ins and outs of the ambulance, how to operate the apparatus, and what gear is needed for each.

quite a few adventures.

ask any questions you may have.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:59 PM   #28
GTO
I airball my layups

Default Re: I used to work at an EMS Corp.

you must be very bored.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:01 PM   #29
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: I used to work at an EMS Corp.

maybe...

studying for Finals, and just brainlocked.

anyway, if a snotnosed know-nothing know it all kid in Geewiz can have one of these threads, I don't see why I can't attempt two.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:23 PM   #30
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
started minimum. but I worked my asss off as the years went on. you get $20 if you employee of the month.

got up to about $9/hr near the end of high school, and when college began, I worked sparingly, only on the easiest hours because I dormed away from where I lived in high school.

and for every 5+hour shift, they give you a break in which you can get free food.

basically any burger you want, a side item (small fries, pie, yogurt, ice cream), and a small drink.

but when I worked nightshifts (once I hit 18 in my senior year of high school, they asked me and my friend to work nightshifts until about 2am) and during that time, they have to clear out the remaining food and make breakfast. and damn... let me tell you, I went all out. i cleared out the fruit and walnut salads, i cleared out the chicken nuggets, the chicken selects, mde myself a quadruple pounder with cheese and bacon...

how could you get sick of that? best part was, with all the walking around and standing and nonstop talking, you could eat that and not get fat.
This makes me want to work there.

All the free food would be great.
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: