Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-06-2007, 11:29 PM   #31
The_Masterplan
Banned

Default Re: I used to work at McDonald's

Where does ronald mcdonald live?
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:41 PM   #32
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

A few questions:

1)The burgers are essentially microwaved or are they grilled?

2)Fire in the hole. Does this have any meaning towards you, especially with your experience at Mcdonalds.

3)How was the average customer? Which group (age sex race) were the easiest and most difficult to deal with?

4)Was there a lot of stealing going on? Like pocketing the money instead of putting the order in the computer and etc.

5)Did you ever have gang fights with the employees from Burger King, Wendy's or any other fast food restaurant?

6)Any discounts? Like 10 percent employee discount?

7)Why don't the Big Macs ever look like they do in the advertisements? Meat is thinner, it's sloppy, tilting, . You ever make one yourself that looks like the ones from the ad and ever just say to yourself "Now that's a big mac"?

8)Lastly, what are some easy cons? From your experience, what methods and tricks have customers done to get free food or scam them in some way.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:04 AM   #33
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

I worked at an Arbys. When you're supposed to throw the fries out after 15-20 mins because they're not "fresh anymore" i would screw that. You come to Arbys and you're getting the curly fries that didn't sell at 11 in the morning. I might heat them up in a microwave for 15secs if i like the customers. Too much bending over, and fidgeting with bs in such a small splace to reload the fryer.

And no, to the guy that asked if they get heated in the mircowave. They just let the food sit under a hot light. After 30mins you're suppose to throw it out. Knowone ever did. Beef would sit there for 5 hours and have tried to a crisp and i would just spray some water on it to make it a little moist and "there you go sir, Heres your fresh Beef n cheddar, have i nice day"
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:07 AM   #34
The_Masterplan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day La Ghetto
I worked at an Arbys. When you're supposed to throw the fries out after 15-20 mins because they're not "fresh anymore" i would screw that. You come to Arbys and you're getting the curly fries that didn't sell at 11 in the morning. I might heat them up in a microwave for 15secs if i like the customers. Too much bending over, and fidgeting with bs in such a small splace to reload the fryer.

And no, to the guy that asked if they get heated in the mircowave. They just let the food sit under a hot light. After 30mins you're suppose to throw it out. Knowone ever did. Beef would sit there for 5 hours and have tried to a crisp and i would just spray some water on it to make it a little moist and "there you go sir, Heres your fresh Beef n cheddar, have i nice day"

you really are from the ghetto
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:09 AM   #35
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
Where does ronald mcdonald live?

How come when you order at drive through the food comes faster than when you order inside?

Also, has anyone pulled that "hey im missing a few burgers, couple of medium fries, 4 medium cokes" trick on you?
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:19 AM   #36
Ballastic
<////////////}~

I used to work at the Astrodome and Wendy's in the summer before my senior year of high school. My cousin worked the drive thru and I flipped the burgers. He told me he made good money by never putting money in the register on some orders. I never got the chance to work the drive thru. We never spit in people's food or anything disgusting like most of yall would assume.
Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:46 AM   #37
different107
National High School Star

Default Re: I used to work at an EMS Corp.

Did you go on calls and stuff?
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:47 AM   #38
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Default Re: I used to work at an EMS Corp.

Semi-related: I once read that some people who do the phones for 911 **** around with the people who call, playing intotheir fears and stuff. Did you know of anybody or hear of anything like that?
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:52 AM   #39
bk33
duck my sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
if they do it, they must do it at late night. idk i never do it. that's nasty.
haha, wouldn't that be the whole point?

how strict do they enforce the rule "customers are always right"?
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:29 AM   #40
notorious ai3
OTC semi-lurker

Quote:
teenagers only work as cashiers/take out guys.

the only food you prepare are getting the salad, ice creams, (other nonburger stuff) and condiments

um... not necessarily. i worked at one in wisconsin from the time i turned 16 to the time i turned 17. i started there as a front person then i moved to the back a few months after and was cooking burgers and all that stuff. maybe the labor laws are different there, but in wisconsin you could assemble sandwiches at age 15 but not operate the grill until 16.

Quote:
if after 30 minutes no one ordesr them, they must be dumped and new ones be made.

the fries at the one you worked at must have gotten f'n gross. the normal hold time is 7 minutes before you are supposed to dump them out.

Quote:
How come when you order at drive through the food comes faster than when you order inside?

usually in this sort of business they consider the drive thru orders to be priority because the customers must be in a hurry if they don't get out of their car. that is what is assumed. that is why the drive thru orders are made before the orders inside.
notorious ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:45 AM   #41
Cowboykiller
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I worked for Mcdonalds when I was 17 or 18? Did that for 4 months and "quit" because I didn't want to miss the 1989 NLCS series between the Cubs and my Giants. It was worth it getting fired for not showing up to work Will Clark had a great series along with Mark Grace. Those were the good ol' days.

F Mcdonalds. I can't believe I actually had to wear that stupid hat with the McD logo on it and that uniform with the red collared shirt and blue slacks?

Yuck!
Cowboykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:35 AM   #42
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

about the fries:

normally the fries sell out before they even reach the marker. we had that little spreadsheet above the fries maker which told you how many cartons tomake at what time during the day and to dump after 7 minutes, but if business was slow, the manager told us not to make new fries and use what we havem and dump after 30 minutes.

*shrugs*

and about the customer is always right thing:

they are entitled to hot food and if the food is cold (for example, chicken fajitas are heated up in a microwave as you order them. when ordering multiple fajitas, sometisme idiots in the back don't multiply the time it takes so the fajitas come out cold, or the fries are cold, etc...)

but they cannot claim they are missing anything unless they show us the receipt.

though once my sister came to film me while I was working for some school documentary that was supposed to counter "SuperSizeMe" and basically I was fulfilling an order for drive thru, showing the receipt and all, and putting in each item at a time.

then later, the car comes back and says I forgot to give him 5 piece chicken selects. thank god my sis pwned him right there on the spot with her camcorder.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:54 AM   #43
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Default I used to work at KFC and Subway

KFC for 8 months when I was 17.... I got fired.

Subway for 2 weeks at varsity, I quit, well stopped showing up.

Ask any questions.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:58 AM   #44
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: I used to work at KFC and Subway

Did you still get paid after you stopped showing up?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:58 AM   #45
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: I used to work at KFC and Subway

was the KFC you worked at one of those hybrid KFC/Taco Bell or KFC/Long John Silver's places?
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: