Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-06-2007, 10:18 PM   #1
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Verizon Fires Akon

Verizon Fires Akon

Verizon Drops Akon Like He's Hot

Quote:
Verizon really didn't want to see Akon "Smack That."

The communications company scrapped its partnership with the 25-year-old rapper Friday after a video was released that shows him simulating sex onstage with an underage girl during an Apr.12 concert in Trinidad.

According to various accounts, 15-year-old Danah Alleyne thought she had won a dance contest when she was invited to dance with Akon, but soon found out that first prize was a close encounter with the Konvicted rapper.

The Trinidad Express reported that Akon got seven women to come up and dance with him, promising that the best of the bunch would score a grand-prize trip to Africa.

Joe, Monkeys Can't Touch Avril's Thing
Avril Nails Charts
Charts: The (Bright) Eyes Have It!
E! Online "We've never done this in the Caribbean before, but my DJ assures me that Trinidad has the best winers. Is that true? Well, y'all gotta represent here. Come on up now. Don't be scared," he told the crowd.

"I got carried away," Alleyne, a pastor's daughter, said in a public apology last month after a local TV station aired the footage. "I started to dance, as well, but I never thought it was going to be like that. I was shocked. My head was hitting the floor."

None of which sat well with Verizon, which will be taking their featured ring tones elsewhere.

"This week the partnership ended," Verizon said in a statement to Fox News. "We have music services on our cell phone service and we were promoting him as one of the artists. The other part of the sponsorship was the Gwen Stefani tour, of which he was an opening act. We are no longer sponsoring the tour."

The video depicting Akon improvising multiple sexual positions with Alleyne turned up on, and has since been pulled from, YouTube, but it can still be found elsewhere on the Internet.

Alleyne wasn't even supposed to be in the over-18 Zen nightclub, where the unofficial dance contest went down. Authorities have since closed the establishment and Trinidadian Prime Minster Patrick Manning has opened an investigation into the show.

"I have taken very careful notice of this matter and the owner of Zen owes it to the public to take responsibility," Manning told WorldNetDaily.com. "I will be interfacing with Zen because that kind of thing should never be allowed to happen in this country."

Meanwhile, Security Minister Fitzgerald Hinds thinks Akon should get the Richard Gere treatment, describing his actions as "lewd" and suggesting that the hip-hop star be prosecuted.

"This whole hip hop thing is a guise and I don't want any part of it," Alleyne said. "I don't want any part of it. Look at what I have to go through with one mistake that I made. My dad warned me every time and I didn't listen. I am sorry."

Akon performed "The Sweet Escape" with Stefani on American Idol in March and then appeared two weeks later to sing "Don't Matter." His sophomore album Konvicted dropped in November and has sold more than 2.2 million copies.

Dude hasn't learned from R. Kelly
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #2
D-Wade
Great college starter

D-Wade has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Verizon Fires Akon

Probs be bull****
D-Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:23 PM   #3
WuTangWizard
Local High School Star

WuTangWizard has an OK reputation so far

It says it's an over 18 club. How the **** is he gonna know? The ***** shouldn't have been there.
WuTangWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:52 PM   #4
Done_And_Done
D & D

Done_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDone_And_Done is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://spitbook.com/gossip/celebrity...l-in-trinidad/

#1] SIMPLY SCANDALOUS: Thats the most decieving looking 14 year old ive ever seen {Fully done up with that tattoo above the booty}
But then again coming from someone whos been to Trinidad some of the females I met on a nightly basis came off as full grown women until you ask them there age. Theres just gotta be something in the carribean waters man...

#2] The caribean ways of dance {especially in the clubs} is alot more aggresive & physical then what is seen throughout the majority of North America and once again comming from one who's experienced the night life there I must profess that its a beautiful thing...
But Akon practically dry F*cked this chick on stage though...

in his defense im sure he isn't thinking 14 while doing so...

D&D/ Done & Done

Last edited by Done_And_Done : 05-07-2007 at 03:24 AM.
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:58 PM   #5
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster

I can look at that chick and tell she is very young. She is not very developed and has a young face.

Now I have seen some 15 yr olds that look in their early 20's.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:07 AM   #6
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

I posted tons of pics and videos about a week ago but got banned. It's not even just the being 14 that's inappropriate about the situation. For 1, he lied and said the winner would get a trip to Africa and secondly, he's damn near raping these females, albeit dry. It has become a trademark of his show, he did it to Tara Reid too and she started crying afterwards
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:36 AM   #7
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
It has become a trademark of his show, he did it to Tara Reid too and she started crying afterwards

Wtf that's ****ed up..

I don't like Tara Reid.. she's become another one of those skanky Paris Hilton "socialites". But still, damn..
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:23 AM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If it was Justin Timberlake he wouldnt have been let go. I dont see the big deal of what he did on stage. Strange? Weird? Make you say "WTF" as far as his choice of performance? Yeah...but what crime was done? Are sponsers gonna drop artists who womanize after doing concerts? Smoke weed? Get pissy drunk? Akon isnt even a rapper...he's an R & B singer.

Akon gets dropped because of how he danced?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:09 AM   #9
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Now he won't be able to make rent. Sucks to be him.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: