Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-07-2007, 11:34 AM   #31
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: When did you find an interest in basketball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
Those guys look freaking weak and unathletic.

There's one guy that player ball for Unniversity of Minnesota-Duluth. The guy that gets blocked and is balding (number 10) can 360. He's half an inch shorter than me. The rest of the guys are chumps. (cept 7)
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:37 AM   #32
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

My knee bugged me more. I had some inflammation in my left knee, then had the same thing in the right knee after not taking enough restt. A few months later I twisted my knee. I think it's all because of the same ****. They hurt me longer than the ankle. The torn ligaments hurts like hell but I've spent 8 months on a home trainer rowing my ass off. Haven't had any pain since playing again. I do use a brace, and I have to admit I don't play 100%. Still a little scared to bang it up inside, seems like I rather shy away from the board rather than just going straight to the hoop. Sucks.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:44 AM   #33
beesechurger
I hit open layups

beesechurger has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 Dimes A Game
We all love this game right?

So, i was wondering when did you guys become interested in basketball?
And what was your 'I LOVE THIS GAME' moment?
How old were you ect?

well my love for b-ball started wen i was 3, my brothers played and therefore i just tryed my hardest to underarm through the ball in the ring but it never went in, so from then on i developed my love for the game
beesechurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:44 AM   #34
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

I can also do a 360 and came kinda close to dunking from the FT. Like that's a big deal.
I know plenty of guys who can do the 360, it isn't really that impressive IMO.

Those guys you coached just look baaad.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:46 AM   #35
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I can also do a 360 and came kinda close to dunking from the FT. Like that's a big deal.

I don't believe you o nthe free throw line thing.

Quote:
I know plenty of guys who can do the 360, it isn't really that impressive IMO.

I do too, but you said they looked unathletic. Doing a 360 isn't "unathletic".

I could 360 too by the way, but it looked quite lame. I loved doing "Dr. J" scoop windmalls running in from the side. I was told they looked nice, but never saw myself doing one.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:50 AM   #36
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
I don't believe you o nthe free throw line thing.

I do too, but you said they looked unathletic. Doing a 360 isn't "unathletic".

I could 360 too by the way, but it looked quite lame. I loved doing "Dr. J" scoop windmalls running in from the side. I was told they looked nice, but never saw myself doing one.

dude you are squeaking down a mini-ball on a wooden backboarded rim in that pic, and you got a video of a bunch of midgets playing miles from the rim throwing girlie passes for turnovers.

there aint no 360 Dr J windmill shiiit goin on in either. c'mon seriously?
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:51 AM   #37
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

You're kidding? You believe the 360 thing but don't believe a FT line thing?
FT line is so much easier.
I didn't say I did it from the FT line but it was kinda close...like Farmar against the Kings

Here's a pic of me flying.

It's not from the FT line but it was still quite far.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/8...v4xhmy7cw8.jpg
Old 05-07-2007, 11:54 AM   #38
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
there aint no 360 Dr J windmill shiiit goin on in either. c'mon seriously?

Well you can believe what you want. 360's aren't that hard, I never did one in a game on the break, but stuffing round with the guys at prac. Windmills are easy, cradling the ball instead of palming, rocking it out and then extending it throughfrom the wrist to the finger tips.

Not particularly hard to do. But just not an in game thing for me, I get be-atched in the lane against the big boys.

Tell me your story.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:57 AM   #39
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
Well you can believe what you want. 360's aren't that hard, I never did one in a game on the break, but stuffing round with the guys at prac. Windmills are easy, cradling the ball instead of palming, rocking it out and then extending it throughfrom the wrist to the finger tips.

Not particularly hard to do. But just not an in game thing for me, I get be-atched in the lane against the big boys.

Tell me your story.

trust me, I know how hard/easy most dunks are, but the picture is a fully extended dude with a mini-ball barely getting over the rim. that kind of one-foot jumper is not gonna be getting enough lift to cradle or enough hoppage to go off two feet for a 360

simple physics.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:57 AM   #40
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

Windmills are easy to you? Wow.

I could never do a windmill. Not enough hangtime and not that good of a of 2 legs leaper. I could only do it off 1 leg. Then it's easy, yeah. But it's not a windmill.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:58 AM   #41
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Quote:
You're kidding? You believe the 360 thing but don't believe a FT line thing?

Different dunks for different people I guess. Long distance dunks I suck at, I'm good at coming in from angles, or two foot take offs. I do a 360 of a 2 foot take off. So I slightly contort my body when I take off to get some of the rotation early.

Quote:
Here's a pic of me flying.

You have long-ass looking arms bud.

Dunking from close to the free throw line, I've seen a few guys do it fro mthe same distance, but they were imports.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:59 AM   #42
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

You need a lot more athleticism for a windmill than a 360.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:02 PM   #43
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
that kind of one-foot jumper is not gonna be getting enough lift to cradle or enough hoppage to go off two feet for a 360

That's me in 2004, 2 years off basketball, and stuffing around. It was my only photo on the net.

I wasn't trying to back up my talk with that pic. Why would I? I mocked that pic myself.

Quote:
I could never do a windmill. Not enough hangtime and not that good of a of 2 legs leaper. I could only do it off 1 leg. Then it's easy, yeah. But it's not a windmill.

Maybe that's my problem, calling a cradle a windmall. A lot of what I used to do comes in the two steps and the jumping motion.... so no in air stuff really.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:03 PM   #44
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Quote:
You need a lot more athleticism for a windmill than a 360.

I'm not talking about "Nique" windmills. A cradle dunk like Dr. J's infamous one, just not from as far out.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:40 PM   #45
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

when i was 2
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: