Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-07-2007, 10:18 PM   #31
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: UFC president Dana White to make Floyd Mayweather Jr. a multi-million dollar offer to

If they fought it would not get Floyd $20 mil like he got for this last fight it would just be a mockery to both sports imo. It would just be some stupid sideshow.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:22 PM   #32
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: UFC president Dana White to make Floyd Mayweather Jr. a multi-million dollar offe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
If they fought it would not get Floyd $20 mil like he got for this last fight it would just be a mockery to both sports imo. It would just be some stupid sideshow.
What makes you say that?

I think Zuffa would pay up. They'd do it just for the pub.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:24 PM   #33
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: UFC president Dana White to make Floyd Mayweather Jr. a multi-million dollar offe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
What makes you say that?

I think Zuffa would pay up. They'd do it just for the pub.

Floyd would have to get a fat cut of the money to even consider he would have to get Oscar De La Hoya type money to even be tempted to do it. He would be better off just fighting a top boxer and improve his boxing legacy than to waste his time with a pointless sideshow MMA match.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:24 PM   #34
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Floyd don't want none of the Muscle Shark...........

Last edited by fatboy11 : 05-07-2007 at 10:30 PM.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:25 PM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
GoBB still talking nothing of substance.

So basically, Floyd Mayweather is a money hungry punk who disrespects peoples' professions and isn't man enough to accept a challenge of honor after doing so?

I get it.

No he's a professional boxer, one of the best in the business. And he took cheap shots at this alleycat meeeeeeowww hiss hisss *throws kitty paw muy thai technique* fighting you have latched on. He always talks shyt. He talked shyt about Oscar then after the fight is his best friend. Its all entertainment, its all to sell tickets, payperview. Floyd has alwyas been about making money which is why he often overprices himself out of matches. When he was a lightweight he had the audacity to say he should make just as much as Roy Jones Jr. He was all bitter. Lighter fighters dont bring in big bucks. Only Oscar had that appeal.

To make it short...Floyd is a talker. Always has been always will be. Anyone catching feelings, getting emotional lost. You must not be a boxing fan nor have followed his career or the careers of other bragadocious, concieted, cocky, arrogant boxers. Floyd talks and he can back it up...here is one time he wont because he never had intentions of. Again i laid down FACTS to why he said what he did...and you refuse to acknowledge it but give me this bitter MMA fighter tirade.

Keep talkin and I'll put you in a paperclip lock.

Quote:
Like I said......he isn't a fighter. He's out of his element. You think MMA fans getting pissed about it is funnier, but what's funnier is that Mayweather really does think that he could roll through a real fighter such as Sean Sherk or Kid Yamamoto.

He doesnt...in the boxing ring? He'll mop his ass across the phucking mat. Most of Floyds comments came on HBO's 24/7 where they followed the fighters via training for the fight. First time somethng like that EVER has been done...it was to promote the fight and the sport of boxing. He took his chance to slam MMA. Stop crying. Floyd is a boxer. Never claimed to be a fighter.

Quote:
He obviously loves the money. Dana could give him as much as he is making right now to fight Sherk. All about the money, right?

For a boxing match? Sure he'd take it. For a MMA match? No...again he has nothing to win and everything to lose. How many times do i gotta tell you that? Dont make me get in my Jean Claude Van Damme stance...dont make me renact Best of the Best movies. Geeze...do you understand the words that are going across this post (chris tucker style).

Why do you keep saying Dana can provide the money? Like I said you took his comments to heart....these replies, replies in the other topic PROVE IT. Let it go...stop being so offended. And dont play the role of your not...then diss Floyd as a punk, biatch, trash talker to save face.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:27 PM   #36
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: UFC president Dana White to make Floyd Mayweather Jr. a multi-million dollar offer to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

Yup thats all it would be.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:31 PM   #37
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

GOBB, if Mayweather Jr. is only a talker and never had any intentions of backing his talk up then he should have kept his talking solely to boxing. You can't disrespect another organization and it's champion at the same weight and then not accept the challenge they give, especially when they can give you similiar money to one of your boxing matches. If you won't back up the talk by proving it, then stick to talking smack about boxing where you can and will, Mayweather Jr. overstepped his bounds and now looks foolish.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:35 PM   #38
fatboy11

Quote:
Never claimed to be a fighter.
But he did claim that they "ain't sh!t" and that they're only in the UFC because they couldn't make it in boxing.

Quote:
Why do you keep saying Dana can provide the money? Like I said you took his comments to heart....these replies, replies in the other topic PROVE IT. Let it go...stop being so offended. And dont play the role of your not...then diss Floyd as a punk, biatch, trash talker to save face.
Look.......it's no surprise that someone like you would back a guy like Mayweather. All talk. Birds of a feather.

However, as a fan of MMA, his comments did offend me. And they offended Dana White who runs a legit FIGHTING organization. They offended Sean Sherk who hasn't fought all of his life to have a punk like Mayweather try to tear down what he's done. Of course, Mayweather didn't call out Sherk because he doesn't even know who he is. He actually called out Chuck Liddell who is about 50 pounds heavier. But he still stepped on other people for his own gain and now those people are attempting to fight back. There is nothing wrong with that. These people have pride too. And, in my opinion, much more pride than Floyd Mayweather.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:41 PM   #39
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

Quote:
What would make you think that?

UFC fighters already train boxing......

if i gave u an option of being a famous, pound for pound king of boxing who made 20-30 million or whatever in your last fight to being an unknown out of the UFC world who makes a few hundred Gs a fight (?), which would you choose?

they train boxing and if they were good enuff they would probably pursue it as it is more lucrative
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:48 PM   #40
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
if i gave u an option of being a famous, pound for pound king of boxing who made 20-30 million or whatever in your last fight to being an unknown out of the UFC world who makes a few hundred Gs a fight (?), which would you choose?

they train boxing and if they were good enuff they would probably pursue it as it is more lucrative
I'd take Fedor Emelianenko. The baddest man on the planet. MMA fighter who is looking at 3 million a fight and hasn't actually lost a fight in his career. Less money, but enough money. And the feeling that no one on the entire planet could kick your ass.

I'm biased, of course. But I would NEVER want to be Floyd Mayweather Jr. Oh God, I couldn't live with myself if I was that fu*king annoying and ghetto. Jesus. He is almost everything I hate in life.

But........just curious, what did you response have to do with what you quoted from me?
Old 05-07-2007, 10:48 PM   #41
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15

Popular UFC Champions are now making atleast $1,000,000 per fight plus I would assume they also get a share of PPV buys. Top contenders like Georges St. Pierre and Mirko Cro Cop are also making that much.

Boxing is basically a sport thats been on a downward spiral for a while now while UFC is just growing and growing with popularity every day.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:49 PM   #42
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
GOBB, if Mayweather Jr. is only a talker and never had any intentions of backing his talk up then he should have kept his talking solely to boxing. You can't disrespect another organization and it's champion at the same weight and then not accept the challenge they give, especially when they can give you similiar money to one of your boxing matches. If you won't back up the talk by proving it, then stick to talking smack about boxing where you can and will, Mayweather Jr. overstepped his bounds and now looks foolish.

When was $20mil offered? I dont recall it. He onyl looks foolish to MMA fans/supports. Not boxing fans. Not Floyd fans. I dont think he looks foolish...I found it funny but thought nothing of it.

Understand the sport of boxing and what is said before a match and you would better be able to grasp what is said, what to take serious etc etc.

Case in point...Oscar vs Mayorga. Mayorga talked dirty about Oscar. Called him out his name...called him a p*ssy, f*ggot and this was during the taping of the promo where they use for commercials to publicize the event. He talked about his wife and that sent Oscar livid. I mean he said some disrespectful stuff. Oscar TAXED that ass and at the end of the fight Mayorga apologize for his comments etc etc.

Ali apologized for his disparaging and disrespectful remarks about Joe Frazier. Joe still feels bitter but the point is boxing has had a history of trash talkin. Most isnt to be taken serious...its entertainment, it hypes up a fight, it gives a good story...fans love the tension between two fighters. Zab Judah vs Floyd had that...Zab saying stuff like Floyd NY pass has been revoked...he cant EVER come to NY again because Floyd said Zab was a studio gangsta...put up this tough guy facade blah blah. It was entertaining and it build a bigtime hype for the fight. I dont know if the two are cool with one another...they were before the trash talkin.

Long post short...I explained why Floyd said what he did. Camera in his face...HBO 24/7, the whole state of boxing and how MMA took it over. He took his shot. Call it disrespectful, said it shouldnt have been said/done.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:00 PM   #43
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
But he did claim that they "ain't sh!t" and that they're only in the UFC because they couldn't make it in boxing.

Yup and? He used them to promote the sport of boxing.

Quote:
Look.......it's no surprise that someone like you would back a guy like Mayweather. All talk. Birds of a feather.

I back my talk up in a ring. Havent boxed in awhile but I know I'd tax your ass in a ring. Call me Floyd....but I'll walk out with a win and your pride like Floyd does fighters.

Quote:
However, as a fan of MMA, his comments did offend me.

Thats all you had to say. Once you came at this as it didnt affect you when I knew it did. No let up from me. Now that I know it offended you...all is good.

Quote:
And they offended Dana White who runs a legit FIGHTING organization. They offended Sean Sherk who hasn't fought all of his life to have a punk like Mayweather try to tear down what he's done. Of course, Mayweather didn't call out Sherk because he doesn't even know who he is. He actually called out Chuck Liddell who is about 50 pounds heavier. But he still stepped on other people for his own gain and now those people are attempting to fight back. There is nothing wrong with that. These people have pride too. And, in my opinion, much more pride than Floyd Mayweather.

Thats all good...i never said they couldnt fight back or it was wrong too.

Just explaining Floyd and why he said what he did. Sport of boxing is at a low. What other way to boost is then use the biggest fight in boxing (in recent memory) and promiote the sport when the talk leading up to the fight outside of the matchup is "MMA is more popular than boxing. MMA has taken over boxing. Can boxing get its fans back or will MMA continue to thrive? Is MMA a threat to boxing". Floyd took his shot. Listen to interviews when asked if he feels he could beat Oscar (before the fight) and his response "You gotta buy the fight...order ppv and watch.". Thats selling the fight my friend.

As you can see Floyd backed down from his remarks. Not surprising by me. MMA fighters and the fans have nothing to worry about...boxing didnt get a boost from that fight...its still struggling with 2 more big fights in the next 2 months...and chances of boxing getting back to the forefront isnt strong.

Floyd is retiring
Oscar past his prime
Hopkins fighting for checks
Roy Jones Jr is done
Heavyweight division is horrible

Where are the main attractions? Smaller weights? Come on.

So MMA should not feel a threat. I dont think it lost fans nor money from his remarks.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:06 PM   #44
fatboy11

Quote:
I back my talk up in a ring. Havent boxed in awhile but I know I'd tax your ass in a ring. Call me Floyd....but I'll walk out with a win and your pride like Floyd does fighters.
I was talking about your brash, loud mouth personality. I'd hope you could "tax" me in a boxing match.....
Old 05-07-2007, 11:09 PM   #45
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
I was talking about your brash, loud mouth personality. I'd hope you could "tax" me in a boxing match.....

Oh yeah that too. :

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: