Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-07-2007, 03:42 PM   #1
A Loyal NJ Fan
High school junior varsity star

A Loyal NJ Fan has decent reputation
Default Oblivion

Anybody have this game for the 360? If so, would you recommend it?
A Loyal NJ Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:09 PM   #2
Top_Of_Tha_World
High School Varsity 12th Man

Top_Of_Tha_World has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Oblivion

That game is incredible. If you like rpgs and all that magic stuff mos def get that. One of the best games ive ever played. Waiting for it on PSP.
Top_Of_Tha_World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:12 PM   #3
Wizardly Cool

If you're a very, very casual gamer, stay away. You'll need a good 50+ hours just to come close to beating it.

It's designed to keep you playing endlessly in a world where almost anything is possible, but if you don't take the time to invest in playing many hours, you'll find it a waste.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:13 PM   #4
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

One of the best games for 360.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 04:17 PM   #5
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

best game ever. its sick.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:52 PM   #6
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Of_Tha_World
That game is incredible. If you like rpgs and all that magic stuff mos def get that. One of the best games ive ever played. Waiting for it on PSP.

Yeah, you'll get your money's worth if you like those kind of games. First night you get it, you'll probably be up until 2 in the morning playing.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:16 AM   #7
Wizardly Cool

Quote:
Yeah, you'll get your money's worth if you like those kind of games. First night you get it, you'll probably be up until 2 in the morning playing.

I'm up until almost 3 in the morning every night playing video games. Not to mention, I get to work around 8:30 in the morning. Oh, and when you binge drink the night before (like last night) you find yourself posting on message boards because any work you do will not be productive, and thus you might as well post meaningless posts at ISH.

Damn video games, and damn alcohol. Oh, and damn the occassional Vicodin.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:56 AM   #8
AceVenturaPetDet
Local High School Star

AceVenturaPetDet has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Of_Tha_World

no doubt
AceVenturaPetDet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:09 AM   #9
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Am I the only person who doesn't like this game. Every person I have ever spoke to, who owns a 360, loves this game. Maybe it's just me, but I've never been able to get into those kind of games.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:30 PM   #10
Wizardly Cool

Quote:
Am I the only person who doesn't like this game. Every person I have ever spoke to, who owns a 360, loves this game. Maybe it's just me, but I've never been able to get into those kind of games.

Hummmm...

* puts on wizard hat *

Now let me think here... yes... of course, your lineup consist of games such as NBA 2K7, Madden 07 and for better or worse, Queers of War.

If you're not into a game as creatively wise as Oblivion, you're surely not into other gems like Viva Piņata or Eats (on XBOX-Live Arcade).

Have fun boosting your GamerScore and bragging to your friends about unlocking your "dunked on ni66a's head" Achievement.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:59 PM   #11
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I love RPGs in general, but I like the turnbased Japanese style a lot more than the Hack_Slash US style.
I never got into this game. The style and the gameplay just do not appeal to me.

Oblivion is really a great, great game, the best of its kind on the 360 by a long shot. But me? I had more fun with ´Enchanted Arms´ and `Phantasy Star Universe`.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:15 PM   #12
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardly Cool
Hummmm...

* puts on wizard hat *

Now let me think here... yes... of course, your lineup consist of games such as NBA 2K7, Madden 07 and for better or worse, Queers of War.

If you're not into a game as creatively wise as Oblivion, you're surely not into other gems like Viva Piņata or Eats (on XBOX-Live Arcade).

Have fun boosting your GamerScore and bragging to your friends about unlocking your "dunked on ni66a's head" Achievement.

Wow you really are the great mystical being you make your self out to be. Bravo.

So judging by your post it seems as though that if a person does not have an interest in a game such as Oblivion, then it must make them ignorant and/or racist. Also I could not care less about gamerscore, that is just for the people who feel that the higher your gamerscore then the better gamer you must be.

I will agree with a very small part of your post and that is the part about NBA 2k7. This is really the only game I play on the xbox. I do not play Madden or Gears of War both of which I find boring.

I play NBA 2k7 so I can play an extremely good simulation style of basketball, I do not care about dunking on people then bragging about it, like you said.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:42 PM   #13
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

it's definitely not for average casual gamer, but if you're into that genre it's INCREDIBLE. you can play it forever.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:48 PM   #14
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
it's definitely not for average casual gamer, but if you're into that genre it's INCREDIBLE. you can play it forever.
Yeah, that's the thing, I'm not into this kind of genre. Like previously stated you have spend many hours to get the best out of this game and personally I get bored of any game after about an hour of play.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:45 PM   #15
Top_Of_Tha_World
High School Varsity 12th Man

Top_Of_Tha_World has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I love RPGs in general, but I like the turnbased Japanese style a lot more than the Hack_Slash US style.
I never got into this game. The style and the gameplay just do not appeal to me.

Oblivion is really a great, great game, the best of its kind on the 360 by a long shot. But me? I had more fun with ´Enchanted Arms´ and `Phantasy Star Universe`.

Me too. I wish PSP had better rpgs.
Top_Of_Tha_World is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: