Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-07-2007, 05:51 PM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Donnie Walsh on Andrew Bynum

Quote:
Consider what Indiana Pacers president Donnie Walsh (yes, the guy who could trade Jermaine O'Neal this summer) told the Newark Star-Ledger about Bynum this season: "That kid is working out with Kareem (Abdul-Jabbar), and I wouldn't be surprised if he turns into Kareem. I'm not kidding. I can't imagine what he'll be like at 23."

This dude has more value around the league than I thought. Time to trade him while his value is this high.

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1682642.php
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:53 PM   #2
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Donnie Walsh on Andrew Bynum

has any player ever come into the league soft and turned into a HOF type player?

every great player showed glimpses when they were young. kg, jermaine, tim, etc. bynum hasnt shown me more than 1 play (the dunk on shaq). 1 play in 2 years.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:53 PM   #3
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Trade him now!!!!!

Do it Mitch get us JO and Tinsley.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:55 PM   #4
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
This dude has more value around the league than I thought. Time to trade him while his value is this high.

sounds like walsh is warming up the Indiana fan base...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:55 PM   #5
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle

The thing is, if the Pacers trade for him, will Bynum continue to train with Kareem?
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:56 PM   #6
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

The way he is talking maybe we can get JO easier than I thought...
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:58 PM   #7
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

how in the world has Bynum not shown glimpses? have you been watching? even on only nat'l TV games I've seen glimpses.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 05:59 PM   #8
hippos
Banned

hippos has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
The thing is, if the Pacers trade for him, will Bynum continue to train with Kareem?

He'll teach JO how to not suffocate on his own balls.
hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:11 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
has any player ever come into the league soft and turned into a HOF type player?

every great player showed glimpses when they were young. kg, jermaine, tim, etc. bynum hasnt shown me more than 1 play (the dunk on shaq). 1 play in 2 years.

How is Bynum soft??? He came straight out of high school. Anyone with a clue knows big men need time to develop. Both physically and just on areas of the game.

What did Jermaine show you in Portland? This I'd like to hear because the mofo HARDLY played his first 4yrs...both GAMES and MINUTES! Using your hand (you do have all your fingers right?) you can count how many noteworthy games he had in those 4yrs. But yeah he showed you something?

What did Tim show you? He was in friggin college for 4yrs!

Bynum had 1 highlight and thats it in 2yrs? Guess he did nothing for you in the month of Jan which is probably what saved him from being traded huh.

Will Bynum be the next dominant big man? Who knows...time will tell. Kid is still a work in progress. He is in a complex offense called the triangle. His offensive moves still need to be refined. Needs to get stronger. After 2yrs? He avg 8ppg 6rpg over 1 block. Patience is a virtue and thats what L.A is dealing with...win NOW by getting rid of Bynum for an established player or ride out his progress.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:13 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
how in the world has Bynum not shown glimpses? have you been watching? even on only nat'l TV games I've seen glimpses.

He talks out of his you know what. I dont think he has watched much of the kid or has a short memory.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:14 PM   #11
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige

Since he is an employee of the Lakers no. If he wasnt then he could.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:15 PM   #12
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
The way he is talking maybe we can get JO easier than I thought...

And that scares the sh!t out of me.

You heard it here first: Laker fans and management will regret getting JO Neal. You may be pumped up now, but it'll be a disaster.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:19 PM   #13
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

What did Jermaine show you in Portland? This I'd like to hear because the mofo HARDLY played his first 4yrs...both GAMES and MINUTES! Using your hand (you do have all your fingers right?) you can count how many noteworthy games he had in those 4yrs. But yeah he showed you something?

He did, actually. Back then I thought JO would turn into a good player. I was wrong. He is a good defender, but due to thinking he is great at everything, most of the time he drags a team back. He is absolutely nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. Were he more humble, he would make a nice 2nd option and a real defensive anchor. Given his attitude, he is a pretty damn bad franchise player, and I have doubts whether he can fit in as a 2nd banana.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:20 PM   #14
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
And that scares the sh!t out of me.

You heard it here first: Laker fans and management will regret getting JO Neal. You may be pumped up now, but it'll be a disaster.
I'm right behind you... i have not heard one valid argument as to why o'neal is what the lakers need... 12345..enter oneway
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:23 PM   #15
elementally morale
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
I'm right behind you... i have not heard one valid argument as to why o'neal is what the lakers need... 12345..enter oneway

Here is a player our team needs more than JO and more than KG:

Pau Gasol

Now that may be hard to do Mitch, but it would worth it. Gasol is the player I'd want.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: