Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-07-2007, 08:26 PM   #31
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Donnie Walsh on Andrew Bynum

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
I like the idea of Gasol in theory but I think he is soft... He has been brutally outplayed by every pf he has ever played against in the playoffs.

The thing with Gasol I think goes like this. He can be a warrior if he catches fire and when he feels he has an actual chance of winning. He is very much capable of fighting. I agree with the assessment that he usually doesn't put in his all, and therefore can be labeled as being soft. However, I can see him fighting a lot in close and meaningful games. With the Grizzlies he didn't have too many of those lately. He is the epitome of a not good enough franchise player, but a great great 2nd option and team player.

Kind of like Yao Ming, really.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:32 PM   #32
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Remember that Bynum is the youngest NBA player ever. He won't be normal rookie age for a few years yet. Think about that.

The problem with a trade is that Odom + Bynum is too much to give up for O'Neal, but it's almost impossible to complete the trade without Odom.

I guess Kwame/Bynum/Radmanavic/Evans for JO works. Maybe LA throws in a 1st rounder too, because getting this deal done and keeping Odom around is something worth paying for.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:35 PM   #33
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Remember that Bynum is the youngest NBA player ever. He won't be normal rookie age for a few years yet. Think about that.

The problem with a trade is that Odom + Bynum is too much to give up for O'Neal, but it's almost impossible to complete the trade without Odom.

I guess Kwame/Bynum/Radmanavic/Evans for JO works. Maybe LA throws in a 1st rounder too, because getting this deal done and keeping Odom around is something worth paying for.

Would be a lot better to trade Odom and Kwame for JO and someone else. I wouldn't do it, because I don't want any part of JO. But if it has to be done, I'd rather give up Odom than Bynum in that trade. Bynum is too young and has too much potential to be traded for a player, who is not THAT good.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:50 PM   #34
rs98762001
Great young streetballer

rs98762001 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
Would be a lot better to trade Odom and Kwame for JO and someone else. I wouldn't do it, because I don't want any part of JO. But if it has to be done, I'd rather give up Odom than Bynum in that trade. Bynum is too young and has too much potential to be traded for a player, who is not THAT good.

The Lakers won't part with Bynum for JO. He's Jimmy Buss' boy. Maybe for KG, but that's it. The Lakers will offer Odom, Kwame and the 19th pick. If Walsh and Bird turn that down, JO is not going to LA.

But you're wrong about Gasol. He's soft, soft, soft. The Lakers need to think defense first. Despite Pau's gaudy block stats, the Lakers would continue to get eaten up inside.
rs98762001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:52 PM   #35
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Jermaine would be a monster in the Triangle. If they somehow managed to get Jermaine and keep Lamar Odom the Lakers would become a serious title contender.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #36
elementally morale
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Jermaine would be a monster in the Triangle. If they somehow managed to get Jermaine and keep Lamar Odom the Lakers would become a serious title contender.

JO has always given me the impression of a dumb player, who is not very effective in picking his spots. What do you think makes him a monster in the triangle offense suddenly? I see him bricking those 16 footers on offense, not referring to others and not really stepping up when it counts. Besides, his ego is huge, and we already have a guy with a huge ego in LA. I remember when we had two... and JO is nowhere near the level of 2004 Shaq, let alone prime (just in case you'd say two huge egos meant 3 championships...) On top of that, JO is not as good as he was a few years ago, he is injury prone and I think he doesn't know his role.

But I'm open to new ideas. What do you think makes him a monster on the Lakers?
Old 05-07-2007, 09:02 PM   #37
Laker's Future
Banned

Laker's Future has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale

Agreed!

I think all this demand to trade Bynum is going to cause the Laker's to make one of the Worth moves. Like Bynum being a deal closer with Odom, that could result in the Laker's watching the play-Offs for years to come, and the exit of Kobe. KG would be worth it, but JO who's having Knee surgery. Keeping Bynum and trading Odom to bring in help for Kobe will be a big + for the Laker's.
Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:04 PM   #38
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

I want JO but I dont want to give up both Bynum AND Odom. JO can be a good fit but his health and his recent poor play has me worried. I want JO though, no doubt, but not for Odom + Bynum. One of them, picks, fillers, expirers, anything they want and its a deal.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:28 PM   #39
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Gasol is more low-post. Garnett has more heart, but with Kobe we are set in that department. Gasol doesn't really need the ball to score, is an OK defender, OK rebounder and a humble all-around guy. And I DO factor in salary. Age... not that much. I think Garnett is the better player, but Gasol is the better fit on the Lakers.
Gasol is more low-post, sure, but let's not kid ourselves - Garnett can play down there too. Granted, he's most effective from 12-15 feet out, but still. He's the better player and it's really not close...Gasol fitting in better doesn't negative the large margin by which Garnett is a better player.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:38 PM   #40
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Gasol is more low-post, sure, but let's not kid ourselves - Garnett can play down there too. Granted, he's most effective from 12-15 feet out, but still. He's the better player and it's really not close...Gasol fitting in better doesn't negative the large margin by which Garnett is a better player.

Thats what Im thinking...but salary has to be taken into consideration...

Concerning Mitch he has to pull off a miracle to make us contender next year...

My dream is he can trade Bynum/Farmar/Kwame/ Vlad Rad / 1st for JO and filler

than have a core of

pg: Sign shooter or pull a miracle and get Saranus
sg: Kobe
sf: Walton
pf: Odom
c: JO

Bench(sucks though)

Tauriaf
Evans
Sasha
Cook
filler(maybe David Harriston)

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 05-07-2007 at 09:43 PM.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:38 PM   #41
wild orchid
Serious playground baller

wild orchid has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
This dude has more value around the league than I thought. Time to trade him while his value is this high.

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1682642.php

Not really, that's just Walsh being a smart GM. He's simply upping the ante for other teams to throw in players they might not have considered when offering a deal.
wild orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:44 PM   #42
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild orchid
Not really, that's just Walsh being a smart GM. He's simply upping the ante for other teams to throw in players they might not have considered when offering a deal.
why would he overvalue a player he's thinking of trading for?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:50 PM   #43
wild orchid
Serious playground baller

wild orchid has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
why would he overvalue a player he's thinking of trading for?

Because he has no REAL intention of trading for Bynum. I'm not even a Laker fan and I'm aware of Bynum's struggles and the meltdown Bynum had towards the end of the season.
He is trying to make other teams think he is sold on Bynum so they will throw in extra incentives/players on any potential trade.
wild orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:55 PM   #44
elementally morale
College superstar

Quote:
My dream is he can trade Bynum/Farmar/Kwame/ Vlad Rad / 1st for JO and filler

I really hope your dream won't come true then. Bynum + Farmar is definitely too much young talent. Kwame is trash, but on defense he is OK, and JO is not that good an offensive player to be worth trading both Bynum, Farmar, Radmanovic and a 1st pick ON TOP OF another OK defensive player (Kwame).

It is a dumb trade. A really dumb trade. So there is a chance Mitch will actually do it.

Last edited by elementally morale : 05-07-2007 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:02 PM   #45
elementally morale
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen

We have to disagree here. I love Garnett. He is easily in my top 3 as far as favorite players of today's game go. However, factoring in age, salary and playing style, I prefer Gasol ON THE Lakers. The areas in which he (Garnett) is beter than Gasol, won't amount to much on this team. Let alone the triangle.

That aside, Garnett is sure a lot better. For other teams.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: