Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-08-2016, 11:33 AM   #1
UK2K
NBA Legend

Default Battlefield 1 trailer

Battlefield is finally taking it back.

64 v 64 on epically large, WW1 maps? Yes, please.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.theve...droid-verizon#

Check out that trailer.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:46 AM   #2
Jameerthefear
Paid shill

Default Re: Battlefield 1 trailer

Yeah it looks sick. Harlem Hellfighters are going to be in it too apparently, so that's super badass for me
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:02 PM   #3
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
Yeah it looks sick. Harlem Hellfighters are going to be in it too apparently, so that's super badass for me
You're from Harlem?

Yes, Battlefield >>>

Finally have a reason to get the PS4
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:22 PM   #4
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Not sure how I feel about it. I don't want to deal with large mortar attacks or gas attacks.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:34 PM   #5
Draz
The People's Choice

Same bs every year. Until I see multi-player game play I can't judge though. Big ass maps where you rarely see people. The gun fights are weak and terrible. It's just an open world game with doing whatever the fck you want to do. No good close quarter combat. Guns sound fake from bf3 and 4. The mechanics were terrible. Moving your character felt like he weighed a million lbs.

If they kept it the same, no thanks. I wasted enough on this company.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:45 PM   #6
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
Same bs every year. Until I see multi-player game play I can't judge though. Big ass maps where you rarely see people. The gun fights are weak and terrible. It's just an open world game with doing whatever the fck you want to do. No good close quarter combat. Guns sound fake from bf3 and 4. The mechanics were terrible. Moving your character felt like he weighed a million lbs.

If they kept it the same, no thanks. I wasted enough on this company.

That's what it's like in real life though.

I actually liked BF hardline because it PLAYED like the real thing, on the bigger maps at least.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:46 PM   #7
Draz
The People's Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
That's what it's like in real life though.

I actually liked BF hardline because it PLAYED like the real thing, on the bigger maps at least.
There are plenty of fans that like that but there are also just as much that hate it. They need to make small, close combat maps
Old 05-08-2016, 02:57 PM   #8
Jameerthefear
Paid shill

Quote:
There are plenty of fans that like that but there are also just as much that hate it. They need to make small, close combat maps
That isn't what Battlefield is about and never has been. If you want those maps play Call of Duty
Old 05-08-2016, 03:20 PM   #9
Draz
The People's Choice

Quote:
That isn't what Battlefield is about and never has been. If you want those maps play Call of Duty
And that's EXACTLY why Battlefield didn't grab COD fans. As a game developer and second best FPS behind the worlds leading FPS brand, you need to capitalize. They failed, they had BF3 & 4 to do that. There was once a time where COD fans were terrified of their franchise and was begging for BF to come in and sweep them/us. I was with COD since World at War. They failed, miserably. Instead, they created a split between fans.

One group that likes open world, the other that enjoyed close combat. I quit COD after Advanced Warfare (which was absolutely terrible) and skipped Ghosts (which I heard was as bad if not the worst COD released).

FPS shouldn't be pick and choose. BF should try to accommodate both fans and both types of people. They had after AW to do that, they failed. I purchased BF3 & 4. I loved BF3 more than I did 4. There was nothing competitive about BF in general. COD has MLG & professional tournaments (which I used to partake when I was in my teens). BF don't have that.

They'll make their money regardless of my purchase, but if they had a BRAIN, they'd start incorporating close combat and smaller maps OUTSIDE of their target audience.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:43 PM   #10
Wally450
Easy Work

Looks sick, can't wait!
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 03:43 PM   #11
Jameerthefear
Paid shill

Quote:
And that's EXACTLY why Battlefield didn't grab COD fans. As a game developer and second best FPS behind the worlds leading FPS brand, you need to capitalize. They failed, they had BF3 & 4 to do that. There was once a time where COD fans were terrified of their franchise and was begging for BF to come in and sweep them/us. I was with COD since World at War. They failed, miserably. Instead, they created a split between fans.

One group that likes open world, the other that enjoyed close combat. I quit COD after Advanced Warfare (which was absolutely terrible) and skipped Ghosts (which I heard was as bad if not the worst COD released).

FPS shouldn't be pick and choose. BF should try to accommodate both fans and both types of people. They had after AW to do that, they failed. I purchased BF3 & 4. I loved BF3 more than I did 4. There was nothing competitive about BF in general. COD has MLG & professional tournaments (which I used to partake when I was in my teens). BF don't have that.

They'll make their money regardless of my purchase, but if they had a BRAIN, they'd start incorporating close combat and smaller maps OUTSIDE of their target audience.
They already do that. Domination and TDM are small maps
Old 05-08-2016, 03:45 PM   #12
Smoke117
Banned

I don't get the appeal of shooters like this...what we need is Borderlands 3.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 03:47 PM   #13
Jameerthefear
Paid shill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
I don't get the appeal of shooters like this...what we need is Borderlands 3.
they're already working on that
Old 05-08-2016, 03:48 PM   #14
Draz
The People's Choice

Quote:
They already do that. Domination and TDM are small maps
I know. But, it doesn't feel right. They still put tanks and shit in there. It's big enough to roam around. It's not close combat as we think it is.

By close combat, I mean in 5-7 seconds of the map starting you can get up close and personal. Rushing. That shit is intense. If you ever played MLG or competitive gaming for COD (using Gamebattles.com, or any other private source for tournaments/matches) you'll understand how important it is. BF just appeals to the population that loves public matches, which is fine. COD does both. As a game developer, BF needs to appeal in more ways than one. Not just throw a "smaller map" and call it a day.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:55 PM   #15
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:

I was all about COD until my nephew turned me on to BF and I haven't looked back.

I've met many COD guys who now only play BF

BF > COD and it's not even close
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: