Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-08-2016, 04:01 PM   #16
Draz
The People's Choice

Default Re: Battlefield 1 trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
I was all about COD until my nephew turned me on to BF and I haven't looked back.

I've met many COD guys who now only play BF

BF > COD and it's not even close
I don't know man. I'm not having fun with it. Are you partying up with people? I switched consoles too, most of my friends didn't play besides one guy at work who's obsessed with BF. It got boring. Partying up in COD was fun. Talk shit in rooms, just have so much fun. Back in the day.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 04:53 PM   #17
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
I was all about COD until my nephew turned me on to BF and I haven't looked back.

I've met many COD guys who now only play BF

BF > COD and it's not even close
Me.

And I used to be borderline pro on MW3. Haven't played COD in a long time.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 05:08 PM   #18
eriX
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
And that's EXACTLY why Battlefield didn't grab COD fans. As a game developer and second best FPS behind the worlds leading FPS brand, you need to capitalize. They failed, they had BF3 & 4 to do that. There was once a time where COD fans were terrified of their franchise and was begging for BF to come in and sweep them/us. I was with COD since World at War. They failed, miserably. Instead, they created a split between fans.

One group that likes open world, the other that enjoyed close combat. I quit COD after Advanced Warfare (which was absolutely terrible) and skipped Ghosts (which I heard was as bad if not the worst COD released).

FPS shouldn't be pick and choose. BF should try to accommodate both fans and both types of people. They had after AW to do that, they failed. I purchased BF3 & 4. I loved BF3 more than I did 4. There was nothing competitive about BF in general. COD has MLG & professional tournaments (which I used to partake when I was in my teens). BF don't have that.

They'll make their money regardless of my purchase, but if they had a BRAIN, they'd start incorporating close combat and smaller maps OUTSIDE of their target audience.

CS > BF > COD
eriX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 10:45 PM   #19
Solidape
Made that high school varsity squad

Talking Re: Battlefield 1 trailer

Man I miss BF1942, wish they would remake it.
Solidape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:39 AM   #20
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidape
Man I miss BF1942, wish they would remake it.

This should be sick...

I read some notes on the MP play, one of the things they talked about was how historical they attempted to make the game. They described a map where your best chance to make it from one side to the other was to bunch up behind a tank, just like in the movies, and roll close enough to the enemy lines to then spring out and start the hand to hand shit.

That, to me, sounds fantastic.

Just want the artillery to play a big role, but not be OP.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:04 PM   #21
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
I know. But, it doesn't feel right. They still put tanks and shit in there. It's big enough to roam around. It's not close combat as we think it is.

By close combat, I mean in 5-7 seconds of the map starting you can get up close and personal. Rushing. That shit is intense. If you ever played MLG or competitive gaming for COD (using Gamebattles.com, or any other private source for tournaments/matches) you'll understand how important it is. BF just appeals to the population that loves public matches, which is fine. COD does both. As a game developer, BF needs to appeal in more ways than one. Not just throw a "smaller map" and call it a day.
You dont know what your talking about. Tdm and domination is infantry only. People who play COD just want mindless spawning ,killing and high kdm.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:07 PM   #22
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
This should be sick...

I read some notes on the MP play, one of the things they talked about was how historical they attempted to make the game. They described a map where your best chance to make it from one side to the other was to bunch up behind a tank, just like in the movies, and roll close enough to the enemy lines to then spring out and start the hand to hand shit.

That, to me, sounds fantastic.

Just want the artillery to play a big role, but not be OP.
Do people play BF Hardline online?

I was iffy on it since they went away from the military theme to cops vs criminals, I've heard mixed reviews and I saw that it's just 15 bucks to download the game so I was wondering if it's worth it, are thee enough players online to get some matches going?
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:36 PM   #23
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Do people play BF Hardline online?

I was iffy on it since they went away from the military theme to cops vs criminals, I've heard mixed reviews and I saw that it's just 15 bucks to download the game so I was wondering if it's worth it, are thee enough players online to get some matches going?

I still play it on occasion, I enjoy it a lot. It's more realistic as opposed to COD. Even the game play itself is about as real as it gets. There's actually far more people who play BF4 over Hardline, though. Finding a match on Hardline is still easy, though the lobbies aren't full a lot of the time. Finding full matches on BF4 is as easy as the day it came out.

If you have EA access (which is $5 a month) you can download the game for free.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:43 PM   #24
Steven Kerry
Serious playground baller

Looks great.
Steven Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:43 AM   #25
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Quote:
I still play it on occasion, I enjoy it a lot. It's more realistic as opposed to COD. Even the game play itself is about as real as it gets. There's actually far more people who play BF4 over Hardline, though. Finding a match on Hardline is still easy, though the lobbies aren't full a lot of the time. Finding full matches on BF4 is as easy as the day it came out.

If you have EA access (which is $5 a month) you can download the game for free.
Thanks for the info, gonna check it out
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:38 AM   #26
UK2K
NBA Legend

MP details:

Quote:
- Medic has syringe revives.

- One of the maps mentioned looks HUGE--old BF style.

- Classes are Assault, Medic, Support and Scout, supposedly there are two more classes dedicated to controlling vehicles, "Pilot" and "Tank".

- Gameplay trailer looked similar; reveal trailer really didn't seem "fallacious" in comparison.

- Air combat: dogfights, strafing runs, bombing runs--DICE wants there to be a lot of air options; you can sit in friend's gunner seat while they do strafing/bombing runs or dogfight.

- You can control battleships; can demolish shoreline (ground deformation was mentioned in another description).

- Horses will be best for scouting/flanking (like bikes).

- Supposed to have a new melee system.

- Bayonet charge ability.

- Can likely use sabers (backswords).

- Support seem like they'll have heavy machineguns.

- Seems like four classes will have weapons similar to what we'd expect.

- SP: more "open" campaign, make it feel like a "Battlefield" campaign as opposed to BF3/4 (he said it sounded more like Bad Company's campaign).

- Trying to make use of battlegrounds a lot of people don't know about.

- Progression system hasn't been confirmed yet.

- Weapon customization confirmed.

- Didn't find out if you can pilot the zeppelin/barrage, but it's not just a part of the skybox; planes flying around it
Seems very close to completion.

- Mentions again that there is some kind of dedicated driver class for vehicles.

- D-Day style map (obviously not D-Day).

- There are double-propeller planes, much larger planes than were shown.

- Clip of horses riding alongside a train-- you can possibly board them from your horse.

- Gas mask does reduce peripheral and also really changes the soundscape, too.

- Big emphasis on close quarters engagements and melee.

- Can get entire squad into tanks--sounds like tanks may be team-oriented vehicles.

- Really cool maps; one had train that ran through forest.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:01 PM   #27
Draz
The People's Choice

Im a party guy. I need to play iwith people I know. If a good number of you guys are getting it for ps4 lemme know.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:32 AM   #28
Solidape
Made that high school varsity squad

Quote:
Battlefield is finally taking it back.

64 v 64 on epically large, WW1 maps? Yes, please.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.theve...droid-verizon#

Check out that trailer.

Whatever happened to 128 vs 128, I remember they were talking about it way back for bf2
Solidape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:14 AM   #29
UK2K
NBA Legend

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco.../#441d4ace35c2

'Battlefield 1' Is The Most Liked Trailer In YouTube History, 'Infinite Warfare' The Most Disliked
Old 05-11-2016, 09:43 AM   #30
Draz
The People's Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidape
Whatever happened to 128 vs 128, I remember they were talking about it way back for bf2
I added to that ratio as well. COD needs to go. I want to see more multi-player game play from both.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: