Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-08-2007, 12:48 PM   #31
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What's george bush thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schyza
Ok let me get this straight maybe since Iím an independent and donít blindly follow party lines like the Dem's and Rep sheep Iím missing something. Bush supposedly is not a smart man according to most of the Democrats he is some towel whipping redneck jock a moron according to most of the media. I can keep going and going with the names I have heard him called when it comes to his ďLack of intelligenceĒ yet on the other hand those same people say he mislead us into war that 911 was some conspiracy cooked up by him and his administration which would imply that heís in fact very intelligent so which is it? Because if he is such a ďdoltĒ then how was he smart enough to ďmislead an entire country into warĒ what dose that say about the people mislead?
I am also an independent (far left of the spectrum but I do not believe a two party system represents anything but corporate interest). He has the support and backing of an incredibly powerful cadre of men. While he may have been one of the major pushers for the invasion of Iraq, he was not the person doing the duping.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:49 PM   #32
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Was it really? Didn't realize this

Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:15 PM   #33
schyza
High School Starter

schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by STelfair31
thinkin the black men were goin to attack him from what he did durin Katrina...

I lived in NO and the emergency evacuation plan landed squarely on the shoulders of the local government. Oh wait thatís right it was a black man!!! Mayor Ray Nagin and a white woman Kathleen Blanco both democrats. In fact the plan states that in the case of a massive hurricane the local government would be responsible for coordinating the evacuation of people that had no transportation or way to evacuate using local busses. With Katrina they had 4-5 days notice to put that plan in action instead this is what happened.

NO has been democratically ran for over 60 years yet even pre Katrina it had one of if not the highest poverty and crime rate in the US. This is the main reasons I stopped following the democrats they have had a long time to turn NO into some awesome utopia that they can point to as an example of how they run things instead itís a very poor state with a high crime rate and always has been. IMO there should be no Dem or Rep parties people should vote for whom they like and what they have seen that candidate actually do. If you must pick a party then pick a party on your own not just because that is how your friends vote take a look at a state that has been well ran for a long period of time and look at what parties have had control mostly of that state itís not fool proof but will help you get a good idea of what is really going on in our corrupt ass 2 party system.
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:04 PM   #34
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
people who are against Bush's policies see him as the polar opposite, the devil incarnate, and they use everything, and anything to compound to their hate of him.

natural reaction.

but Bush is not quite as hated as Nixon was.
Actually, Bush's approval rating of 28% is now lower than Nixon's ever was... even at the height of Watergate.

Every republican that is seeking re-election or running for office is hiding from any association with this guy. He has become a pariah, even among his own party.

Worst. President. Ever.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:07 PM   #35
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

WADE MONEY has an OK reputation so far

To those who think Bush was always a dolt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw4Bhmm22xo
WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:14 PM   #36
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by WADE MONEY

His speeches 10 years ago sound like he is just memorizing responses to questions that he know will be asked. I don't see anything impressive about those old clips... and his ideas were just as bad then as they are now. Did he really say that we need to try 14 year olds as adults?

This is pretty funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moutU...elated&search=
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:19 PM   #37
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far

IF GW is an idiot what does that make us?

He stole the key to the White House.

Blamed 911 on Clinton

Sold the "War on Terror" (oxymoron)

B*tch slapped the entire middle class of America

Put Katrina vitcims on hold while he ahh... what was he doing anyway???

Stood up against gay marriage at a time when (some say) gay marriage was tearing the country apart... got re-elected

allowed someone from his administration to out a CIA agent

gas prices are crazy

And he is still out president
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:32 PM   #38
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by WADE MONEY

there is no doubt that part of his public image is calculated to appeal to a certain segment of society. They type that said " I dont like that al gore, he acts like hes smarter than me" (news flash, he is). or "I like George, seems like hed be fun to drink (hunt, watch nascar, etc) with". He really redefined himself as a "common everyday person" who relies on his "gut instinct" to deal with political situations. Remeber him "clearing brush" on his "ranch" outside of crawford? Hes only owned a rench for about 12 years now and he doesnt have anything to do with it (as a rancher), but sales of those style of carhart jackets shot up like 300% after that interview. You could even buy an official "western white house" version during the election for $400.

If nothing the guy's handlers have really done an excellent job of targeting a demographic and marketing him to that. In addition to the suave "W" line of gear (black and silver), there was a farm and ranch team line (looked like john deere), and an america **** yeah line (using the colors and patterns of the flag in clothing, which the US government specifically lists as not proper conduct in its flag rules).
Old 05-08-2007, 02:50 PM   #39
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretik32
In a nutshell: he's a dolt, the people controlling him are not.
Whoa

You=Owning this thread.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:52 PM   #40
schyza
High School Starter

[quote=0ne50]IF GW is an idiot what does that make us?

He won the election and even when they did 50 recounts he was still the winner. And Iím not defending the guy I didnít vote for Bush in 2000 but Iím not a conspiracy theorist who will not accept defeat either.

Blamed 911 on Clinton

When was this? I never heard him blame Clinton. Although there would be some semblance of truth to the fact that 9/11 happened only 9 mo after he was put in office and he had not set up his administration so they were running on information passed down by the previous administration the Clintons still never heard him blame Clinton.

Sold it to whom? The house and senate that overwhelmingly voted to go to war including the likes Kerry and H.Clinton

Please explain Iím middle class and in the last 7 years Iíve doubled my income bought a nice house and living the American dream. On top of that before saying things like this you should know that the unemployment rate as it stands now is 4% the lowest in US history.

Once again before saying things you know nothing about do some research. The fact is it was the local governmentís responsibility to respond to Katrina and evacuate its citizens not the Federal government.

Stood up against gay marriage at a time when (some say) gay marriage was tearing the country apart... got re-elected

Actually other than saying that he was against it he did nothing significant that changed anything regarding gay marriages

Once again a little research would go along way cause as it turns out she wasnít even considered covert so her name could not have been considered a leak on top of that it turns out it was her husband who released her name.

gas prices are crazy

Please elaborate on what steps GW takes into dictating our gas prices? How again is he responsible for that?

Oh the conspiracies.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:56 PM   #41
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
of course...it's sad how many people don't realize this. even quite smart people.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:56 PM   #42
schyza
High School Starter

Quote:

I see so he is the puppet being controlled by a puppet master

So why would the republicans take a risk by trying to sell the American people on a dolt . I think he is a wee bit smarter that he gets credit for. Not saying he is Einstein but think he gets hated because it is the popular thing to do.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:10 PM   #43
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

[quote=schyza]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ne50
IF GW is an idiot what does that make us?

He won the election and even when they did 50 recounts he was still the winner. And I’m not defending the guy I didn’t vote for Bush in 2000 but I’m not a conspiracy theorist who will not accept defeat either.

That's incorrect, "50 recounts" only occurred after Gore was forced out. Later results proved Gore had really won the votes for Florida. He was elected president, whether you like it or not.

Quote:
Blamed 911 on Clinton

When was this? I never heard him blame Clinton. Although there would be some semblance of truth to the fact that 9/11 happened only 9 mo after he was put in office and he had not set up his administration so they were running on information passed down by the previous administration the Clintons still never heard him blame Clinton.

You've "never heard of it"? It's a crock of sh*t. Bill O'Reilly and the rest of Fox Nazi's try to stir up to shift blame from neo-cons mistakes and blame an out-of-office democrat. Clinton tried to go after Osama for years, but neo-con congress wouldn't fund it.

Quote:

Sold it to whom? The house and senate that overwhelmingly voted to go to war including the likes Kerry and H.Clinton

One, Hilliary Clinton isn't a serious person. Two, they were given blatant lies for reasons to go into war. Weapon inspectors have said there was zero evidence of WMD, but a mysterious CIA agent 'suddenly said' there "could" be some WMD's. And this was skewed and twisted by the administration and fed to congress.
Quote:

Please explain I’m middle class and in the last 7 years I’ve doubled my income bought a nice house and living the American dream. On top of that before saying things like this you should know that the unemployment rate as it stands now is 4% the lowest in US history.

Do you know what "middle class" is? It's a living hell for them right now, worst it's been in 3 decades according from to numerous studies Time Magazine, CNN, MSNBC, and ABC. (Fox News always conveniently ignores these things).

Quote:

Once again before saying things you know nothing about do some research. The fact is it was the local government’s responsibility to respond to Katrina and evacuate its citizens not the Federal government.

Again that's 100% wrong, the state immediately called for a state of Emergency, meaning they requested the feds to take over. The feds took their sweet ass time thanks to a couple orders from the men at the top. Probably thinking, "Ah, we don't need all those darkey's anyway, GO NASCAR LAWL!"

Quote:

Actually other than saying that he was against it he did nothing significant that changed anything regarding gay marriages

Tried to make a federal ban...
Quote:

Once again a little research would go along way cause as it turns out she wasn’t even considered covert so her name could not have been considered a leak on top of that it turns out it was her husband who released her name.

Quote:
gas prices are crazy

Please elaborate on what steps GW takes into dictating our gas prices? How again is he responsible for that?
Oh, I don't know... Maybe the FUCKING WAR?

Quote:
Oh the conspiracies.
Oh, the ignorance
Old 05-08-2007, 03:13 PM   #44
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Not to mention are currency is dwindling.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:17 PM   #45
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by schyza

Once again before saying things you know nothing about do some research. The fact is it was the local government’s responsibility to respond to Katrina and evacuate its citizens not the Federal government.
Actually once its declared a federal disaster its FEMA's responsibility. That happened two days before it hit.

What you are failing to note is that the reason so many people ended up in a horific situation had little to do with evacuation. It had to do with the mismanagement of both the Levee system and the overall watercourse by the US army Corp of Engineers. Experts have warned for years that this system wouldnt withstand this level of storm and something needed to be done. Time and time again the federal government failed to address this in their budgets (again this is beyond jus tone administration). Short sited funding and arguing over the bottom dollar got us there. It didnt help that we've forced one of the largest rivers in the world to overextend its delta by not letting it change course
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: