Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-08-2007, 03:12 PM   #31
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Big Papi Standing Up For Bonds..

Quote:
Originally Posted by det2orl
Is Clemens a good guy???

Only to Yankee fans.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:18 PM   #32
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
He's more likely to be on HGH than steroids, if he's on anything at all. MLB doesn't test for HGH. You have to be a moron in the first place to take steroids. SOmeone like Bonds, with his knowledge of weight lifting, vitamin usage, training, etc is not going to use something like steroids. He doesn't need to. If anyone is on the juice, it's someone who is desperate and trying to break into MLB.

I dunno what he took....roids, HGH, the clear.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:25 PM   #33
det2orl
Good High School Starter

det2orl has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Only to Yankee fans.

He sure as hell seems to be adored. And definitely has none of the rampant speculation about what he's done when there is almost as much circumstancial evidence that he has done something.
det2orl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:31 PM   #34
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
A lot of players got bigger in baseball. Why is Bonds any different? Ken Griffey Jr was a decent size as a rookie and as of today got bigger. Same with Arod. You cant assume because a player gets bigger they are on roids. That is retarded. Bonds has probably one of the toughest workout regimes in the game. It rivals that if Jerry Rice...Gary Sheffield (another who got bigger) said he worked out with Bonds and couldnt hang. Bonds hired a personal trainer out of his pocket.

If you're gonna examine a player examine head, foot sizes from back then til now. Dont examine "Wow he is 240 now and back then he was 170". Since when did human beings stopped growing? As you get older you put on weight anyway. So that argument is weak and holds no weight. You gotta come stronger when accusing Bonds of doing illegal performance enhacing drugs.

No one spoke on his personal trainer nor Bonds testimony where he said "I didnt knowingly take anything illegal" which basically says if he did take illegal substances he didnt do so knowingly/was unaware. Mention that when you claim Bonds is guilty. Not his size change. WE may never know when Bonds took illegal substances, for how long. The suspicion will always be there and honestly I think he did.

That said taking illegal substances didnt improve nothing about his natural talent which was phenominal when he entered MLB. It maybe have given him more power but his plate awareness, his hand/eye coorindation, his ability to recognize pitches and drive runs in. His intimitadion being walked so many times....thats all Bonds. MLB tests for illegal drugs now yet he has had an impressive year....check out his numbers vs others and only Arod is really having a better year. Bonds is putting up stats in less ABs. He's getting walked again as well. He's on pace for 57 HRs over 125rbis.

Today he went 0-2 with 2 BBs.

He has 11 IBB in 74ABs vs Howard 11 IBB in 96ABs and Hafners 10 IBB in 104ABs

Do the math fellas.

People think Bonds dominance is based on illegal drugs. He won MVPs in 93, 92 and 90. Gonna claim he was on roids then? Like lets be real. He didnt pull a Ken Caminitti.

Gobb standin up for Bonds... that is why you my new homeboy and the greatest poster ever on ISH...
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:35 PM   #35
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I dunno what he took....roids, HGH, the clear.

u forgot flaxseed oil
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:39 PM   #36
STelfair31

if he did do anythin its when it wasn't illegal.... i don't think he did...
Old 05-08-2007, 03:52 PM   #37
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
u forgot flaxseed oil

Whenever i read that in an article I always think of french fries in a pan. That shyt just sounds like something I dont want near, on or in me.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:55 PM   #38
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Whenever i read that in an article I always think of french fries in a pan. That shyt just sounds like something I dont want near, on or in me.

Babe Ruth's secret to success
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:29 PM   #39
Wizardly Cool

Quote:
If anyone is on the juice, it's someone who is desperate and trying to break into MLB.

Right...

Athletes are some of the most competitive natured beings in the universe, and you're telling me none of the already established MLB players would be on the juice because they're already in?

Haven't you heard the phrase the greedy get greedier? Enough is never enough. If you had a shot at breaking one of the most admired, if not the most admired record in all of sports, how many greedy (and we all know Bonds is a greedy person) players would cheat to get to the top?

I guess all these already established players being busted for riods today are just trying to get in to baseball as well huh?

Old 05-08-2007, 05:12 PM   #40
STelfair31

he woulda make the Hall anyway..
Old 05-08-2007, 05:15 PM   #41
Wizardly Cool

It's not about being in the Hall of Fame people, wake up! It's about breaking the world's most admired record in sports.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:18 PM   #42
STelfair31

yea but if you ain't in the Hall who are you??

When he breaks the record no one will show him love for it so what was it all for.. i'll be cheerin for him tho....

Pete Rose in the boat as Bonds
Old 05-08-2007, 09:44 PM   #43
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by STelfair31
not overnight... but if he did steroids they weren't Illegal when he took them...
umm...theyve been illegal since the 80's.
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:33 AM   #44
STelfair31

i mean HGH and the OTC stuff.... they just placed the rule in...
Old 05-09-2007, 03:57 AM   #45
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

That only applies to law, not opinion.

'Cuz we all know OJ is innocent right?
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: