Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 07-04-2006, 08:05 PM   #16
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipballinjigga
Another player who will never reach a championship until his newly signed contract goes away.

The young core of the blazers is incredibly weak. Just my opinion of course.

How so? They have two of the best players from this draft(Roy, Aldridge), Przybilla, Jack, and Webster. Those are their main young guys(they have others) and I don't think that's bad. Aldridge+Roy were basically stars in college and Webster has potential even though he just came out of HS. Jack was a good player in college and had a decent rookie year last year on a bad ankle. Przybilla is a good shotblocker but an average center overall. I don't see what's so bad about that if they can trade Randolph+Miles for anything decent.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:09 PM   #17
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

wait so Joel signed for like half of what Nene got, and is more effective? LAME
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:10 PM   #18
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
How so? They have two of the best players from this draft(Roy, Aldridge), Przybilla, Jack, and Webster. Those are their main young guys(they have others) and I don't think that's bad. Aldridge+Roy were basically stars in college and Webster has potential even though he just came out of HS. Jack was a good player in college and had a decent rookie year last year on a bad ankle. Przybilla is a good shotblocker but an average center overall. I don't see what's so bad about that if they can trade Randolph+Miles for anything decent.

Roy and Aldrigde haven't played a single NBA game. Pryz hasn't shown much more then some solid defense. Jack and Webster average like a combined 11 points.

Those 5 players added together only equal 17 points at this point in their careers. Obviously that will go up when Roy and Aldridge play and when the 2 rookies improve. We'll see how they look this year, but I have to agree that it is a weak starting point. Miles's and Randolph's contracts hurt them quite a bit.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:13 PM   #19
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wasn't he about to leave? Didn't he say he wanted to get out of there? That's what a good job of GM'ing can do I guess.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:25 PM   #20
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
Roy and Aldrigde haven't played a single NBA game. Pryz hasn't shown much more then some solid defense. Jack and Webster average like a combined 11 points.

Those 5 players added together only equal 17 points at this point in their careers. Obviously that will go up when Roy and Aldridge play and when the 2 rookies improve. We'll see how they look this year, but I have to agree that it is a weak starting point. Miles's and Randolph's contracts hurt them quite a bit.

Well yeah but Jack was playing on a bad ankle last year and Webster was right out of high school. They'll be a lot better this year IMO, they showed potential. Pryzbilla's not a scorer obviously. Roy can come in and have an immediate impact IMO. He was a very good player in college. I think Aldridge can be decent right away too. If they can get anything for ZBo+Miles I think they have a very bright future.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:26 PM   #21
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Yeh, he said he was going to leave if the organization didn't start making changes. He must have been impressed with the drafting direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Wasn't he about to leave? Didn't he say he wanted to get out of there? That's what a good job of GM'ing can do I guess.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:32 PM   #22
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

When Webster got some minutes at the end of the season he put up 14 in 30 mins on 45% shooting. So I think he's shown me straight out of highschool he's developing.

In the same time period Jarrett was 12pts 5assts in 25mins a game on over 50% shooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23

kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:58 AM   #23
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

As a Blazers fan, this is a huge relief. I thought we were going to lose him for nothing.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:07 AM   #24
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Blazers seem to be doing a good job of rebuilding. Hopefully Miles and Randolph show up with there heads on straight and ready to play hard. Either they'll shape up or the Blazers should ship them out. But of course we know the real reason the Blazers are going to be a force soon. It's because of LaFrentz. All hail.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:10 AM   #25
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Isiah wanted Miles, and he'll HAVE to make some moves. If he doesn't finish with a good record now he's gone. So the Blazers could use that to dump Miles and get something good in return.

Maybe Qrich or something, can Roy play the PG position?
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:20 AM   #26
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've always liked Q-Rich but then you've always got the problem with his back and the fact that his contract isn't insured. I'd rather them just dump Miles for Mo Taylor or someone else who is an expirer.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:33 AM   #27
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Whats up with Q's back?
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:41 AM   #28
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

I think he's back problem is the same as Tracy McGradys.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:30 AM   #29
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Good move, the Spurs shouldn't get any better, if we can't have him no one else should.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:40 AM   #30
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles berg
Heck of a deal for the Blazers, I am shocked that neither Detroit nor San Antonio landed this guy.

PG-Jarret Jack
SG-Brandon Roy
SF-Martell Webster
PF-LaMarcus Aldridge
CT-Joel Pryzbilla

Heck of a young core and you still have some trade assets with Zach Randolph and Darius Miles that might land you some depth.

They won't win many games for a couple of years but they could be on that fast track to being a really, really good team. They finally replaced the ghost of JO wiith LaMarcus, I really like the direction that they are taking.

Hopefully they can turn Randolph and Miles into:

-Channing Frye
-Jalen Rose
-Maurice Taylor
-Mardy Collins

That seems fair.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: