Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-07-2007, 11:28 AM   #1
Wizardly Cool

Default Why Can't I Find A Nintendo Wii?

Looking back on the past month or so, I've been searching endlessly for a Nintendo Wii. Why can't I find one? I'm not resorting to buying off eBay or anything to that extent. It really doesn't make a ton of sense to me. Yes, I understand there's high demand for them right now, but Nintendo should be producing enough units to keep shelves consistently full.

If you want my honest opinion, this is a strategic marketing tactic courtesy of Nintendo. They're basically keeping their "next-gen" buzz strong in the gaming community, because everyone (gamers, media, internet) is saying the same thing I am "why can't I get a Wii?" month after month now. I could go out today and buy an unlimited supply of Sony's PS3.

Anyone else feel my pain?

This is Wii-tarded.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:32 AM   #2
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Why Can't I Find A Nintendo Wii?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardly Cool
Looking back on the past month or so, I've been searching endlessly for a Nintendo Wii. Why can't I find one? I'm not resorting to buying off eBay or anything to that extent. It really doesn't make a ton of sense to me. Yes, I understand there's high demand for them right now, but Nintendo should be producing enough units to keep shelves consistently full.

If you want my honest opinion, this is a strategic marketing tactic courtesy of Nintendo. They're basically keeping their "next-gen" buzz strong in the gaming community, because everyone (gamers, media, internet) is saying the same thing I am "why can't I get a Wii?" month after month now. I could go out today and buy an unlimited supply of Sony's PS3.

This is Wii-tarded.

*insert drum roll*
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:47 AM   #3
beesechurger
I hit open layups

beesechurger has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardly Cool

This is Wii-tarded.

wow i was gonan answer u until that last joke for that i hate u
beesechurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:30 PM   #4
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i have mine. i actually bought 4 and sold 2 for 500 and 1 and 450
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:31 PM   #5
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

wow still low supply? I got one at release. so far the only game that really stands out to be has been the Legend of Zelda. have not bought aything else since

will wait for Metroid Prime 3 and Super Smash Brothers Brawl
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:33 PM   #6
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
wow still low supply? I got one at release. so far the only game that really stands out to be has been the Legend of Zelda. have not bought aything else since

will wait for Metroid Prime 3 and Super Smash Brothers Brawl
smash brothers is gonna be off the chain. u should try rayman if u want a good party game in the meanwhile. i downloaded the old mario cart as well to play while waiting for the new one.
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:38 PM   #7
Wizardly Cool

Last night I found one at BestBuy. My girl and I played it for about 3-4 hours last night.

I'll give more info later once I've had a chance to access things.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: