Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-09-2007, 08:46 PM   #1
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool
Default De La Hoya Vs Mayweather, Who got paid the most money?

Quote:
A person close to the promotion said De La Hoya would end up making about $45 million for the fight and Mayweather just over $20 million. That person requested anonymity because the promoters did not want official figures released.

The $45 million would be the biggest purse paid to a fighter, higher than the $35 million purses Tyson and Holyfield reportedly were paid for the infamous “Bite Fight.”

Mayweather beat De La Hoya on a split decision Saturday night in an entertaining fight that drew a record live gate of $19 million at the MGM Grand Garden arena. Mayweather won on two of the three ringside scorecards to win the WBC 154-pound title.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18577413/
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:52 PM   #2
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: De La Hoya Vs Mayweather, Who got paid the most money?

Oscar is laughing straight to the bank.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:26 PM   #3
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Oscar is laughing straight to the bank.

Like 50 cents new single (floyd entrance song). Oh the irony.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:40 PM   #4
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Like 50 cents new single (floyd entrance song). Oh the irony.

Yeah as soon as i heard the song i though Oscar should exit to it.

I dont think Floyd will retire now that he sees the type of money Oscar got because he will want that now.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:21 PM   #5
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Yeah as soon as i heard the song i though Oscar should exit to it.

I dont think Floyd will retire now that he sees the type of money Oscar got because he will want that now.

im pretty sure he knew this beforehand. oscar is the biggest draw in boxing and floyd isnt a big draw especially considering his skills as a fighter. he isnt cuz hes not an exciting fighter (as we saw this weekend) and people dont really like him. they dont make purses based on winner-loser anyway. ive never been much of a oscar fan anyway, he doesnt seem to do anything too well. for instance he doesnt have great handspeed like fighters like floyd, shane, etc and he isnt a huge puncher or defensive fighter so i wonder why he has such a HUGE following. i know part of it is cuz he fights the best and he deserves the credit for that, but even if he hadnt he'd still have it. it must be his looks (as he was known for back then) and his "all-american" image, even though hes mexican, and of course his mexican following. hes ok to me and i like the fact that he doesnt duck anyone, so im not hating, just wonderin
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:28 PM   #6
D-Wade
Great college starter

D-Wade has an OK reputation so far

The contract signed was.

Mayweather to get $10mil to fight and 30% of the ppv money.

De La Hoya to get $22 to fight and 70% of the ppv money.

Oscar is known as mr ppv and people pay to watch him box. This is why he got more of the ppv% and he got more to fight because. 1 he was champ. 2 he is mr ppv and 3 his company did the promoting.
D-Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: