Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-09-2007, 09:16 PM   #1
ronron15
High School Starter

ronron15 is considered somewhat coolronron15 is considered somewhat cool
Default Working on your game this summer????

Who here is planing to work on their game this summer???

and if u are, wat u planing to do???

im joinin a 3v3 tourument this summer but i stopped playing for like a 8 months...
i gained weight, i lost speed, lost my jumper, rusty as hell, i went form a guard to a power forward cause i gotta use my size now since im fat haha

i used to be a scorer... but now i think im goin to turn my game into a defender and rebounder first, then passing a scoring second...
ronron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:17 PM   #2
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Working on your game this summer????

I'm doing straight up drills, and lifting all summer. I'll get into games too, but strength drills, and dribbling drills will be my main focus.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:18 PM   #3
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Planning to do a lot of running, weight lifting and running up stairs and such. I'm going to continue working on my jumpshot while developing my dribbling skills as well as lateral movement. I'm really quick laterally but I want to get faster. I need the upper strength to play against people in the post as well. I can usually hold down people who aren't much stronger then me but those that are bulky I rely on athleticism to bother them.

Those are my hopes for the summer and hopefully I can get my conditioning to where I wanted so I can play some intramural ball over here at UT.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:20 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

i plan on getting stronger and developing my ball IQ by watching film.

also I plan to learn to play the passing lanes.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:25 PM   #5
ronron15
High School Starter

ronron15 is considered somewhat coolronron15 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
i plan on getting stronger and developing my ball IQ by watching film.

also I plan to learn to play the passing lanes.

i see... yea to me, i think the one of the hardest part about basketball is to learn the IQ... it takes time for me
ronron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:29 PM   #6
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronron15
i see... yea to me, i think the one of the hardest part about basketball is to learn the IQ... it takes time for me

I have basketball IQ, I just lack some skills. My shot is horrible. During a game I can find people who are open, but making a nice crisp pass, I will screw up many times.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:40 PM   #7
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

running more than I ever have before, improved stamina would GREATLY improve my game

shoot at least 250 shtos a day, and polish post skills
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:42 PM   #8
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lifting, pick up games, and running but i just do the running/lifting to keep in shape and the games to have fun. I will do some drills here and there but mostly just games.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:56 PM   #9
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far

Planning to get stronger, get some speed, be quicker with the ball, learn the fundamentals of the game, develope my jumper, and work on my layups. Also I like defense, so I plan on getting quicker in that area also.

I am a point guard so I also need to be a better ball handler, so I might start practicing some drills.

The bounce pass, chest pass, one handed pass, and the figure 8 dribble and everything else.

These things take time so I better start now.

First I need a basketball and a hoop. : Nah actually I have a hoop just need a ball.

Don't forget to stretch your muscles before every workout, that's the most important thing!
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:44 PM   #10
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

passing well all comes with arm strength.

right now, I am trying to get the full court pass down.

two things I am drilling on.

the crosscourt 3/4 court chest bounce pass on a fast break and the football pass to a cherry picker.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:05 AM   #11
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

I want to work on my basketball IQ. I'm not planning on playing organized anymore in my life, but I would love to coach at some point.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:44 AM   #12
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

does gaming on my work count?
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:48 AM   #13
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

20 Dimes A Game has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
running more than I ever have before, improved stamina would GREATLY improve my game

shoot at least 250 shtos a day, and polish post skills

I'm running 10k a week,500 jumps on jump rope a day, 250 situps and push ups every day, 500 toe lifts every day and work on my game, maily defence and ball handling. And i shoot 400 a day anyway, so i'm gonna' double to 800 over the summer.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:12 AM   #14
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

Just going to run a lot and play pick-up as much as possible. I'm somewhat of a work-out warrior. I look great when doing drills, shooting around, etc. but it doesn't always translate into dominating on the court in real game action. I need to get to the point where I'm dominating.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:26 AM   #15
Fudge
Mentally unstable atm

Fudge is a pretty well-respected posterFudge is a pretty well-respected posterFudge is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm trying to put alot of spin to my release, and most likely work on my left hand.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: