Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 07-04-2006, 07:39 PM   #16
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

No thanks on Harrington. Between Joe Smith and Villanueva, we're all set at PF. The only thing I'd consider is a terrific defender at that position, and Harrington isn't the guy. I'm not really sure who is. Probably we'll trade Magloire for an athletic 2/3 to play defense off the bench. Larry Harris has been saying for a long time that it's one of our two big needs (CV providing the other) and I doubt that David Noel as a rookie will fill the hole enough.

Another note about Magloire: nobody trusts him to play 15-20 minutes off the bench without causing trouble in the locker room. Maybe if we thought he'd be more willing to play that role, we'd keep him around.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:18 PM   #17
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Sam Dalembert is on the block. Who wants him?
No one with his contract right now.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:39 PM   #18
LakerFan1086
Serious playground baller

LakerFan1086 has not been impressing people

I think a couple of people still want him probably. I remember last year like two weeks before the season started the lakers were trying to get him from the Hornets before he was sent out to the Bucks.
LakerFan1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:14 PM   #19
houselog442
I airball my layups

houselog442 has an OK reputation so far

I believe Memphis would like him, but they have nothing to offer. The problem with Magloire is that he played awful last year. He looked too bulked up, could barely jump and was a blackhole on offense. He irratated Byron Scott because Magloire is more about a numbers only guy, he wants his numbers and thats about it. I think Milwaukee would like to move him, but i think they would be interested in only getting a contract that will expire next season and/or maybe a draft pick. I could see them trade him to Indiana for Austin Croshere and a first round pick.
houselog442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:47 PM   #20
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I think Milwaukee would like to move him, but i think they would be interested in only getting a contract that will expire next season and/or maybe a draft pick.
We had several offers for draft picks, but Harris wasn't interested in going that route. We still need a singman to backup Redd and Simmons. Croshere? Where are you getting your info?
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:58 PM   #21
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

Quote:
Sam Dalembert is on the block. Who wants him?

Send him to the Hawks for Al Harrington.

The Sixers can then sign Cato or Pollard to play center.

I will say though that Harrington and Webber in the front court will not be good defensively.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:20 PM   #22
dmenzion
I hit open layups

dmenzion has decent reputation
Unhappy Centers are more valued.....famine

the reason why centers are overpaid is becuase theres only to 3 good Centers in the league.

Shaq
Yao
Wallace

in the 90's we had

Dikembe
Shaq
Ewing
Robinson
Mourning
Baker
Olajuwon
Smits(z) w/e
Bol
Sabonis
Illguaskas.......etc.
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:26 PM   #23
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Who wants Mark Blount? He's on the block!
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:32 PM   #24
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

SixerFan03 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
Send him to the Hawks for Al Harrington.

The Sixers can then sign Cato or Pollard to play center.

I will say though that Harrington and Webber in the front court will not be good defensively.

Hunter is still on the roster. The Sixers need a PF. Harrington is more of a tweaner. I would like to move Dalembert's contract. I wouldn't mind Harrington. I heard he wants to go back to Indy, though.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:59 PM   #25
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

I wouldnt mind Harrington. But if Philly trades Dalembert to the Hawks at least try and get Zaza Pachulia as his replacement at Center.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:00 PM   #26
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

SixerFan03 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAfan32
I wouldnt mind Harrington. But if Philly trades Dalembert to the Hawks at least try and get Zaza Pachulia as his replacement at Center.

Maybe. The Hawks really need a PG, not a center. I don't think they'll send a center back for Dalembert. I think if Dalembert is traded, Hunter will be our starting center.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:52 PM   #27
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
No one with his contract right now.

Hornets just ate Tyson Chandlers $54mil 5yrs remaining deal. Dont say no one.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:56 PM   #28
The Roxy
Decent playground baller

The Roxy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Hornets just ate Tyson Chandlers $54mil 5yrs remaining deal. Dont say no one.

you mean know one
The Roxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 01:13 AM   #29
Rikrok
I Hit Open Layups

Rikrok has an OK reputation so far
Default Magloire is a god Damn Walrus

Lets hope for Bucks supporters that he is very valuable and we get a point guard of small forward that can play. Magloire is a damn god Walrus that cant get off the floor I seen some games this year where someone his weight and height needs to be stuffing the put back in hard and making a name for himself but he lacks that fire power. Heres hoping we get a quality Small forward or Point Guard to help CharlieV and Bogut and Reddman to bring us some success this year. But just quietly the Canadian Walrus is not the answer.

Thanks Rikrok
Rikrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:13 PM   #30
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

I would never overpay for a center, I just think that as long as they are servicable, in a world where SG rule the world, there is no need to, it just doesn't matter as much as it used to...

Unless they are allstar bound year in and year out like a KG, Duncan, Brand, Dirk, Bosh, Howard, that class I'd pay. Wallace doesn't count, he couldn't hit water with a basketball if he through it off a boat in the middle of the ocean...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: