Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-11-2007, 02:13 PM   #1
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here
Default OT: Deion Sanders

Where does he rank on the list of alltime athletes? Top 5? 2?
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:24 PM   #2
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: OT: Deion Sanders

Clay > Jackie Rob > Wilt> Jesse Owens > Sanders > everybody else.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:30 PM   #3
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Clay > Jackie Rob > Wilt> Jesse Owens > Sanders > everybody else.

No Bo Jackson?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:32 PM   #4
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
No Bo Jackson?
Don't you mean "Bo Knows."
Old 05-11-2007, 06:37 PM   #5
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

I love Prime time........

He was the most well rounded run jump athlete. I thnk if trained he could have been an olympic caliber track and field guy. He had crazy vertical and speed in those days, and I bet at 40 he can still run a 4.5.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:40 PM   #6
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
I love Prime time........

He was the most well rounded run jump athlete. I thnk if trained he could have been an olympic caliber track and field guy. He had crazy vertical and speed in those days, and I bet at 40 he can still run a 4.5.

I dunno bout that.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:44 PM   #7
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Deion peobably could have been in the olympics or near it with training. Ive heard it said by coaches who I assume would know(track types). But considering the fact that guys like Carl Lewis actually got there...hard to call him that elite.

Probably every gold medal sprinter or high jumper since like 1980 was his equal or better.

Carl Lewis id have to put over him.

But I guess those types are often left out to be fair.

Just counting non track stars hes probably there with Bo and a few others as the best. Top 10 at least.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:51 PM   #8
-primetime-

I posted this in another thread:

-Deion Sanders....only player to win a Super Bowl and World Series and he won 2 Super Bowls at that, hands down best cover corner in history, fantastic punt returner, played WR, only player t score a touchdown every single way possible, great base stealer, played basketball in college and probably could have played in the NBA...Deion could pretty much do it all, he is my pick as the best ever.

then you can make arguements for:
-Bo Jackson (NFL, MLB)
-Micheal Jordan (NBA, baseball, golf)
-Jim Thorpe (everything)
-Jim Brown (everything)
Old 05-11-2007, 06:52 PM   #9
-primetime-

by the way....Deion was a good basketball player...he probably would have done well in the NBA
Old 05-11-2007, 06:53 PM   #10
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
I posted this in another thread:

-Deion Sanders....only player to win a Super Bowl and World Series and he won 2 Super Bowls at that, hands down best cover corner in history, fantastic punt returner, played WR, only player t score a touchdown every single way possible, great base stealer, played basketball in college and probably could have played in the NBA...Deion could pretty much do it all, he is my pick as the best ever.

then you can make arguements for:
-Bo Jackson (NFL, MLB)
-Micheal Jordan (NBA, baseball, golf)
-Jim Thorpe (everything)
-Jim Brown (everything)

every athlete playes golf.

Carl Lewis was drafted by the Bulls in 84.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:56 PM   #11
D-Town-Raised
I brick open layups

D-Town-Raised has an OK reputation so far

Bo Jackson is the greatest athelete ever and it isn't close.

Bo Jackson is the only athelete ever who could have been the Greatest Of All Time in two different sports.

If Bo only played Football and dind't get injured he would have ran for 2000 plus yards in back to back seasons maybe even three in a row. As it stads now he is already the all time rush yards per carry leader.

If Bo only played Baseball and din't get injured he could have pulled of the 40/40 feat three times in a row and possibly 5 times in his career. He already had one of the greatest throwing arms in history. All he has to do is raise his batting average and we are talking GOAT territory.

Bo Jackson is probably the physically strongest world class sprinter ever. Bo could run just as fast as Deion but could probably squat and bench nearly twice as much.

Bo's ability.

GOAT Football
1-10 Baseball with the ability to be the GOAT if he could raise his batting average. Dedication to only Baseball and training could have made this possible.
Gold Medal Track Athelete while being physically stronger then all the competition.
D-Town-Raised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:57 PM   #12
DLeagueWannabe
a softer side

DLeagueWannabe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
every athlete playes golf.

Carl Lewis was drafted by the Bulls in 84.

are u serious?
DLeagueWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:58 PM   #13
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yep Carl Lewis was drafted in the NBA. I think Kevin Johnson was a near MLB level pitcher or something.

And Jim Brown is according to many the GOAT in basketball and lacrosse.

Wil is near the best in basketball, a great volleyball player(in a volleyball hall of fame), was a near olympic level shot putter and high jumper, and held state records in both and won the big 8 high jump. He also ran full marathons and briefly held the world record for fastest NY to LA drive.

He did it all.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #14
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Yep Carl Lewis was drafted in the NBA. I think Kevin Johnson was a near MLB level pitcher or something.

Wil is near the best in basketball, a great volleyball player(in a volleyball hall of fame), was a near olympic level shot putter and high jumper, and held state records in both and won the big 8 high jump. He also ran full marathons and briefly held the world record for fastest NY to LA drive.

He did it all.
Is was a couple of NBA folks drafted my MLB or NFL teams, but I can't think of them now.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:04 PM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

He did it all.

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: