Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-28-2007, 06:30 PM   #136
-primetime-

Default Re: OT: Deion Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
When this thread surfaced i really had no clue and no opinion about who is more athletic but after reading th arguements and the points made for each side id have to say imo Bo Jackson is more athletic. But im still shocked about Deion running a 4.7 40 backwards or whatever it was that someone posted.
If that is anywhere close to being true then Deion is superman...

I need to do some research to find out if there is any truth behind it...

by the way, Jim Brown can be compared to Bo better, they are very similiar athletes...
Old 05-28-2007, 06:35 PM   #137
-primetime-

HOLY SH-IT....it is true!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deion_Sanders

Although critics argued that his tackling was poor and he was not much of a factor in run support, they could not deny that his unparalleled closing speed (evidenced by his 4.19 second 40 yard dash and his 4.6 second backwards 40 yard dash] time[3]) Sanders' speed and athleticism enabled him to blanket the best receivers while playing one of football's toughest positions. He was once quoted as saying, " You show me a corner that can tackle, and I'll show you one that can't cover."

that is the most amazing stat I have ever heard I think...

he ran a 4.6 backwards....omg
Old 05-28-2007, 06:39 PM   #138
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
HOLY SH-IT....it is true!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deion_Sanders

Although critics argued that his tackling was poor and he was not much of a factor in run support, they could not deny that his unparalleled closing speed (evidenced by his 4.19 second 40 yard dash and his 4.6 second backwards 40 yard dash] time[3]) Sanders' speed and athleticism enabled him to blanket the best receivers while playing one of football's toughest positions. He was once quoted as saying, " You show me a corner that can tackle, and I'll show you one that can't cover."

that is the most amazing stat I have ever heard I think...

he ran a 4.6 backwards....omg

Show me where it was proven he ran a 4.6. Sorry but I dont see how you can only be 0.41 seconds slower running backwards than forwards. Its nonsense. I've tried running backwards as a kid. Its not an easy thing to do. Dont believe everything posted on wikipedia.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 06:55 PM   #139
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Show me where it was proven he ran a 4.6. Sorry but I dont see how you can only be 0.41 seconds slower running backwards than forwards. Its nonsense. I've tried running backwards as a kid. Its not an easy thing to do. Dont believe everything posted on wikipedia.
this is true and I am shocked that it says this...you can't believe everything you read but the word "rumor" was not mentioned there

the simple fact that there is a rumor about it says alot though...I mean lets say the timing was off and he really ran it in 4.9....that is still simply one of the most amazing things I have ever heard...there are a ton of guys in the NFL that can't run that fast forward...
Old 05-28-2007, 07:02 PM   #140
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

Sir Stanley Matthews deserves mention in the top 5. This guy played soccer until he was 50 FREAKING YEARS OLD and at the highest level as well. He was the oldest player to play in England's top division.

That is an athlete right there.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:53 PM   #141
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
this is true and I am shocked that it says this...you can't believe everything you read but the word "rumor" was not mentioned there

You do realize any idiot with access to the internet can edit Wikipedia right?

I don't want to make assumptions, but how old are you primetime?

I think this may be a case of you just never having seen Bo play.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:10 PM   #142
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
You do realize any idiot with access to the internet can edit Wikipedia right?

I don't want to make assumptions, but how old are you primetime?

I think this may be a case of you just never having seen Bo play.

Mathius
Yes, I already stated that you can't believe everything you read but the simple fact that there is a rumor that he can do that is amazing to me...

I grew up watching Bo and I hated Deion until he came to Dallas...it was then when I watched him on a regular basis that I realized just how amazing the guy is...

and if you want to compare highlight reels of the two athletes Deion's is far more amazing than Bo's is...

in fact, Sanders might have the most amazing highlight reel of any athlete ever...imo
Old 05-29-2007, 05:49 PM   #143
Ben Jordan
Good High School Starter

Ben Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
Sir Stanley Matthews deserves mention in the top 5. This guy played soccer until he was 50 FREAKING YEARS OLD and at the highest level as well. He was the oldest player to play in England's top division.

That is an athlete right there.

Hawker wins, Endurance = Athleticism
Ben Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:49 AM   #144
kp117
I brick open layups

kp117 has an OK reputation so far

Bo was good at baseball..but this GOAT crap that you guys are talking is blasphemous. Even if he was never injured he wouldnt even be top 10 all time in his ERA much less alltime
kp117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:47 AM   #145
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp117
Bo was good at baseball..but this GOAT crap that you guys are talking is blasphemous. Even if he was never injured he wouldnt even be top 10 all time in his ERA much less alltime
who are the top 5 athletes of all time in your opinion?
Old 05-30-2007, 04:57 AM   #146
Ballastic
<////////////}~

Ballastic has an OK reputation so far

I remember everyone in high school was rocking these, Deion's signature shoe.
Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: