Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-11-2007, 06:37 PM   #31
-primetime-

Default Re: OT: Deion Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Hardly the best ever. He can be argued.

Darrell Green
Michael Haynes
Night Train Lane
Mel Blount

Hello?????
Deion was better than all of them hands down...Darrell Green has even admitted to it
Old 05-11-2007, 06:38 PM   #32
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
strength...yes
endurance....maybe
SPEED!?!?!?!?....YOU ARE ON CRACK

Bo Jackson was flat out one of the fastest people in NFL history. maybe world history depending how far you want to take "One of". nobody seems to have a steady measurement but both Bo and deion had 40 times reported to be 4.1-4.2 at the draft combine. Bo 4.12 but most think its so fast it cant be accurate(was hand timed I think). Deion a 4.15. I doubt either is really accurate.

No matter which of them was fastest it isnt a big enough difference to act shocked by someone picking either.

Carl Lewis ran the 60 yard dash in 6.12 in 1987. Know Bo Jacksons 60 time(real...recorded...no estimate)? 6.18.

He was a notch below world class speed at 225 pounds.

Bo was simply a freak.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:38 PM   #33
-primetime-

CB > RB

corner back is the hardest postion to play in the NFL

Deion is the hands down greatest ever cover corner

Bo isn't even a top ten RB and don't give that woulda coulda shoulda crap
Old 05-11-2007, 06:43 PM   #34
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
you just made that up...Deion played basketball in college and probably could have made the NBA

Deion couldnt have made the NBA. Stop. And Bo Jackson is 6'1. He could have dunked. If Deion can dunk, Bo Jackson can dunk. I dont see what stopped him when he was known as a athlete.

Quote:
strength...yes
endurance....maybe
SPEED!?!?!?!?....YOU ARE ON CRACK

I bet if the two raced it wouldnt be Deion dusting Bo.

Deion wasnt the faster athlete playing football. Darrell Green in his prime would eat him up. Deion was fast no doubt but I dont see an athletic gift that is better than Bo Jackson.

Quote:
yeah he played more positions...isn't that the piont to proving he is a more well rounded athlete?

Bo Jackson played two professional sports and made the the All Star team in both.

Quote:
and it isn't Deion's fault Bo got injured...woulda coulda

Woulda/coulda in terms of accomplishments...but he didnt lack much in the athletic ability department at all. Its the mere reason "Bo Knows..." started. He was a freak of nature.

Quote:
like I said...Bo could run the ball and that is it....Deion could do it all...in fact I believe Deion played QB in high school

All Deion could do was cover WR's...he was a weak tackler. His claim to fame was his ability to cover WRs, cover the field...his makeup speed by baiting a QB in thinking he had him beat and he closed the gap like a lightning bolt out of nowhere. And yes he returned punts...but why would anyone ask thier RB to do that? This he could play WR, played QB in HS is nice for footnotes...Deion was a CB, a great cover CB. Baseball? No comparison Bo was better. Deion had 1 notable season in baseball. Brian Jordan(former Falcons Safety) was a better baseball player than Deion.

Quote:
what the hell would Bo beat him in??...a race???..hell no

Bo Jackson was greatness and IMO the second greatest ever...

ask yourself about the Deion campaign

The dancing in the endzone?
The Ali like shyt talker?

I loved it...so its no diss at all...just saying what campaign? He didnt start playing two sports first professionally. Bo Jackson did. Deion did start the "shut down corner" craze. Everyone who displayed cover skills and did a nice job was considered a "Shut down CB". From drafting kids, to players in the NFL. When the last shut down CB was probably Deion. So he definately started that campaign. And til this day no one who has been compared to Deion met that standard he set. Champ is the closest but the gap from Deion to him isnt short...its wide.

Last edited by GOBB : 05-11-2007 at 06:46 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:44 PM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Deion was better than all of them hands down...Darrell Green has even admitted to it

WTF

Ok now the fanatic in you is speaking now.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:45 PM   #36
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bo isnt as high on the RB list as Deion is on his but that isnt an issue of athletic ability. Doing something longer doesnt mean youre a better total athlete. just means he stayed healthy longer since his position isnt physically demanding.

Deion wouldnt have lasted 1 season getting hit the way Bo was(or the way Bo hit people).

Bo was tougher. Stronger. And if he was slower it was by a margin too small to matter. And there is really no proof or even strong evidence that he was slower.

Deion is more athletic than Bo Jackson the way Randy moss is.

Take that however you want.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:48 PM   #37
D-Town-Raised
I brick open layups

D-Town-Raised has an OK reputation so far

Athelete is based on pure physical ability not on talent.

A man that can make 2000 free throws in a row is not the gretest athelete ever.

A man that can always throw a baseball between a tire is not the greatest athelete ever.

Joe Montana is considered the greatest football player ever. Pele in soccer. Babe Ruth in Baseball. Jordan in basketball and Gretzky in Hockey. None of them are anywhere near gretest athelete ever.

Name a person wo could do all these things.

Bench 500 Pounds
Run a 4.0 40
Throw a Baseball 90 MPH
Squat 800 Pounds

Bo Jackson and nobody else. That was his physical athletic ability. And he also had the talent to use that to be the GOAT in 2 sports.
D-Town-Raised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:49 PM   #38
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

There is stil la question on if Bo could dunk or not? He dunked in the old cross trainer commercials. Dunking isnt that impressive. Eric Snow can dunk. Kirk Hinrich can dunk. Ben Gordon is 6'2'' and ive seen him dunk through the legs. Do windmills off the bounce.

None are half as athletic as Bo Jackson.

**** I can dunk and I doubt my standing vertical now is more than 30 inches.

Bo Jackson was an all time great athlete. The issue of him dunking shouldnt even have come up.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:52 PM   #39
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

I dont know about benching 500 pounds. I wont call it impossible for Bo I just never heard of it. I know he benched 375 easily on what was supposedly the first time he ever went in a weightroom in college.

Well now that I think about it I could believe 500. Ken Shamrock benched like 505 on camera and he wasnt any bigger than Bo.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:55 PM   #40
DLeagueWannabe
a softer side

DLeagueWannabe has an OK reputation so far

primetime loses all credibility for pointing out that Deion dunked and Bo couldn't....

I've been dunking since the 8th grade....
DLeagueWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #41
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

That really had me wondering too. I hoped it was some kind of typo.

Or maybe he thought Bo couldnt get up like Kirk.....
Old 05-11-2007, 07:03 PM   #42
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLeagueWannabe
primetime loses all credibility for pointing out that Deion dunked and Bo couldn't....

I've been dunking since the 8th grade....
my piont was that Deion being the more athletic person was a better basketball player...

I just said "I would love to see Bo dunk a basketball" to get the piont across that Bo wasn't as athletic as Deion was or as versitile as an athlete

Bo was an amazing athlete no question about it

But if you want to know who the freakish athlete was it was Deion...there are things that Deion could do that Bo was simply not capable of...period
Old 05-11-2007, 07:04 PM   #43
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
And yes he returned punts...but why would anyone ask thier RB to do that? .
not goiong to reply to all of those

but as far as putting your RB at punt return goes plenty of teams have do that and still do...

ask New Orleans why they would do that...
Old 05-11-2007, 07:10 PM   #44
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
not goiong to reply to all of those

but as far as putting your RB at punt return goes plenty of teams have do that and still do...

ask New Orleans why they would do that...

Reggie Bush isnt a featured RB. When he becomes one he wont return them. I didnt mean to imply the position in general doesnt return punts. But when you become a player of need your services are saved. Ther may be occasions when they are asked to return a punt or they want too. But full time? Nah. No probably could have...but I wouldnt have used him there. Too valuable running the pigskin for me to risk him returning punts.

*insert paranoia*

RBs take a pounding...only time Deion took one was when he ran out of bounds to avoid the RB that ran towards him. :
Old 05-11-2007, 07:11 PM   #45
-primetime-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=armmKMwfUtk

the greatest seminole ever...his highlight reel is just ridiculas....you don't see that in the college CBs of today
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: