Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2007, 03:12 PM   #1
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 647
Default Gerald Wallace = Scottie Pippen

This guy and an aggressive rebounding pf might be the salvation of this team. I say trade Odom and Walton for Gerald Wallace, Sean May, and Walter Hermann.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:13 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,934
Default Re: Gerald Wallace = Scottie Pippen

No way in hell bobcats would ever do that trade.

Odom is way better than Wallace but Sean May is still a young prospect.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:03 PM   #3
Walton_04
Decent playground baller
 
Walton_04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 292
Default Re: Gerald Wallace = Scottie Pippen

I believe GW is an unrestricted free agent. So the Lakers would have to either negotiate a sign-and-trade deal with Charlotte, or make a straight-up offer.
Walton_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 05:30 PM   #4
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned
 
KINGofTHEcourt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chillin in the lab
Posts: 1,574
Default Re: Gerald Wallace = Scottie Pippen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
No way in hell bobcats would ever do that trade.

Odom is way better than Wallace but Sean May is still a young prospect.
How in hell is Odom way better than Wallace?

Athleticism

Wallace > Odom

Points Per Game

Wallace
> Odom

Rebounds Per Game

Wallace < Odom

Assists Per Game

Wallace < Odom

Blocks Per Game

Wallace
> Odom

Steals Per Game

Wallace > Odom

Field Goal Percentage

Wallace > Odom

Free Throw Percentage

Wallace < Odom (by .009 percent)

3 Point Percentage

Wallace > Odom

Minutes Per Game

Wallace < Odom



If anything, Wallace is the better player. He does more scoring on the offensive end, and is a much better defensive presence than Odom. Wallace also plays less minutes than Odom. No way in hell Odom is better, let alone "way better".

BTw, the trade at the top is crap. Bobcats are getting raped, and I don't even think salaries match up.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:53 PM   #5
sammdogg
Local High School Star
 
sammdogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 974
Default Re: Gerald Wallace = Scottie Pippen

i'd trade LO for Wallace. in a second.... and then bring in artest to give a lil d and 3rd scorer
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:07 PM   #6
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?
 
bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 11,928
Default Re: Gerald Wallace = Scottie Pippen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammdogg
i'd trade LO for Wallace. in a second.... and then bring in artest to give a lil d and 3rd scorer

that doesn't work...who would play PF?
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:27 PM   #7
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat
 
Bobcat4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Clemson, SC
Posts: 4,776
Default Re: Gerald Wallace = Scottie Pippen

Bobcats have a brighter future than Lakers
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 01:09 AM   #8
beau_boy04
Local High School Star
 
beau_boy04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,287
Default Re: Gerald Wallace = Scottie Pippen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat4Ever
Bobcats have a brighter future than Lakers


I have to agree with you on this one.

They got PG Felton one, an up and going PG who will dominate the game with more experience. Gerald Wallace is the go to guy in there, C Okafor is a defensive stallwart, and MJ is their GM.

beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:20 AM   #9
KOBEinSD24
I hit open 5-footers
 
KOBEinSD24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of 16 Championships
Posts: 267
Default Re: Gerald Wallace = Scottie Pippen

i dont agree one bit with this trade
its not realistic b/c luke walton is a guy who gets every hustle stat he brings energy along w/ ronny that the lakres need if kobe is strugglin. Lamar yea would be tradeable but you cant get another 6'10 ballhander/rebounder/developin shot blocker, unless you go after dwight howard who would be a great center along side bynum.
KOBEinSD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:55 AM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,934
Default Re: Gerald Wallace = Scottie Pippen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt

If anything, Wallace is the better player. He does more scoring on the offensive end, and is a much better defensive presence than Odom. Wallace also plays less minutes than Odom. No way in hell Odom is better, let alone "way better".


It isn't all about stats. Gerald Wallace is the number one option on his team and averages the most points.

Odom is the second option on a team where he has to share with Kobe who averages 30+ ppg. Odom also creates more matchup problems and can take advantage of way more situations than wallace can.

Wallace is definitely not the better player. if you trade both players, Wallace would look just like Odom here and a little worse on the defensive end as he averages about 3 less boards than Odom.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:42 AM   #11
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat
 
Bobcat4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Clemson, SC
Posts: 4,776
Default Re: Gerald Wallace = Scottie Pippen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
It isn't all about stats. Gerald Wallace is the number one option on his team and averages the most points.

Odom is the second option on a team where he has to share with Kobe who averages 30+ ppg. Odom also creates more matchup problems and can take advantage of way more situations than wallace can.

Wallace is definitely not the better player. if you trade both players, Wallace would look just like Odom here and a little worse on the defensive end as he averages about 3 less boards than Odom.

You say it's not all about the stats but then you say Wallace is worse than Odom because he averages 3 less board than Odom. The majority of the rebounds go to Emeka Okafor. Gerald is an all-around better player than Lamar.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:39 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,934
Default Re: Gerald Wallace = Scottie Pippen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat4Ever
You say it's not all about the stats but then you say Wallace is worse than Odom because he averages 3 less board than Odom. The majority of the rebounds go to Emeka Okafor. Gerald is an all-around better player than Lamar.

3 boards difference is actually a lot.

I just think if Odom was a bobcat as the number one option (assuming he's aggressive) would pile up a lot more in each category.

I mean you guys say Gerald is better but you ignore that Odom is the second option.

I would look at these stats and say the only thing way better that Gerald does is play some really good defense. (2 spg)

But now you have to weigh in experience. Odom played in a lot more playoffs than GW did and in a tougher conference too.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:55 PM   #13
wally_world
M0derator
 
wally_world's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dancin' with Miley
Posts: 8,601
Default Re: Gerald Wallace = Scottie Pippen

Quote:
3 boards difference is actually a lot.

I just think if Odom was a bobcat as the number one option (assuming he's aggressive) would pile up a lot more in each category.

I mean you guys say Gerald is better but you ignore that Odom is the second option.

I would look at these stats and say the only thing way better that Gerald does is play some really good defense. (2 spg)

But now you have to weigh in experience. Odom played in a lot more playoffs than GW did and in a tougher conference too.

hey lakerfreak! haven't seen you around... how's the avatar going??? no hard feelings?
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:06 PM   #14
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
SoCalMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 23,361
Default Re: Gerald Wallace = Scottie Pippen

Is Wallace even available???? Do the Lakers have any trade assets to get him that would be desireable to the bobcats?




SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:30 AM   #15
KOBEinSD24
I hit open 5-footers
 
KOBEinSD24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of 16 Championships
Posts: 267
Default Re: Gerald Wallace = Scottie Pippen

HAHAHAHA
Gerald Walace isnt even close to being on the same level of scottie
oh man thats hilarious
KOBEinSD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy