Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-11-2007, 02:23 PM   #1
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Next Year Starting Lineup

Maurice Evans (Ron Harper)
Kobe Bryant (Jordan)
Gerald Wallace (Pippen)
Reggie Evans (Rodman)
Kwame Brown (black Luc Longley)

I think we can actually get this roster. Perhaps we trade Odom for Wallace straight up. And then we trade Walton for Reggie Evans straight up. That is a very strong defensive lineup that features all strong defensive players. From there, I think we just trade a couple of players like Sasha, Mckie, and Cook and get a solid sixth man like Bonzi Wells. I think that would be a championship team. What do you all think?
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:28 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Next Year Starting Lineup

Well it's not imossible only because trading Odom for Wallace is a rip off for us.

Might as well just pursue Reggie Evans and then have a lineup of:

Mo
KB
LO
Reggie
Kwame

Only problem is the PG spot again. I don't like evans there.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:29 PM   #3
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Anybody ever thought of signing Mo Williams from the Bucks to our MLE, then just pull of a trade for JO and others. And that would be a great offseason imo, anybody agree?
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:33 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
Anybody ever thought of signing Mo Williams from the Bucks to our MLE, then just pull of a trade for JO and others. And that would be a great offseason imo, anybody agree?

everyone thought of that but i don't like it.

When we lost to the bucks at staples, he turned it ove about 3-4 times in the last 2 mins when we were attempting a comeback and we weren't even playing defense.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:36 PM   #5
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
everyone thought of that but i don't like it.

When we lost to the bucks at staples, he turned it ove about 3-4 times in the last 2 mins when we were attempting a comeback and we weren't even playing defense.

Okay that was one game you saw, I heard he is a great PG and has a great jump shot. From what I have heard about him, I like what he has to bring to the table. I feel he could be good for us.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:19 PM   #6
OldTerp
Great young streetballer

OldTerp is considered somewhat coolOldTerp is considered somewhat coolOldTerp is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Okay that was one game you saw, I heard he is a great PG and has a great jump shot. From what I have heard about him, I like what he has to bring to the table. I feel he could be good for us.

I agree and with the Lakers he won't have the ball in his hands at the end of the game anyway.
OldTerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:37 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:

Smush was a good shooter too.

Doesn't mean he will suit our needs. The fact is he chokes a lot and will lose us a lot of gimmes.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:02 PM   #8
lakeshowdawg
I airball my layups

lakeshowdawg has an OK reputation so far

If Bibby were to opt out, what is the most that Buss can pay him? Granted Smush is gone and perhaps they do not resign Walton?
lakeshowdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:22 PM   #9
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far

My bad, I didn't know Gerald Wallace was looking to be dealt, let alone already on the Lakers. **** is this? Listing a player who isn't on the team in the starting lineup? The average LA fan's IQ is declining. Gerald Wallace is stating in Charlotte, they're a young up and coming team that will be good in years to come, unlike the Lakers. It'll be this next year:

PG - Jordan Farmar (crap)
SG - Kobe Bryant (overrated by whoever votes for all-defensive teams)
SF - Lamar Odom (underachiever)
PF - Reggie Evans (decent role player)
C - Andrew Bynum or Kwame Brown (doesn't matter, both crap)
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:24 PM   #10
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

netdoc has an OK reputation so far

Walton can resign and it won't affect the cap. He'll be back, he loves the system too much to not come back.

Smush is gone, but his contract was up. I still think L.A. makes a minor move instead of a large, high impact move.

Kwame is most certainly to go with his expiring deal, possibly Radman and Cookie (since he *****ed the most about playing time).

Either way, I'm supporting them in what they do.
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:26 PM   #11
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

netdoc has an OK reputation so far

I C the special ed class let QueenOfCourts out early today....

Got your helmet on so you don't hurt yourself today? :
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:34 PM   #12
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by netdoc
I C the special ed class let QueenOfCourts out early today....

Got your helmet on so you don't hurt yourself today? :
Joke sucks. I constantly prove you LA idiots wrong, and all you say is "QueenOfTHECourt is dumb! Bring him to the LA worshiping grounds!". Trying debating me or something, will ya. Average LA fan intelligence declines even more every time you guys log on.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 05:25 PM   #13
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

No way we putting Evans at the point guard.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 01:24 PM   #14
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
Maurice Evans (Ron Harper)
Kobe Bryant (Jordan)
Gerald Wallace (Pippen)
Reggie Evans (Rodman)
Kwame Brown (black Luc Longley)

I think we can actually get this roster. Perhaps we trade Odom for Wallace straight up. And then we trade Walton for Reggie Evans straight up. That is a very strong defensive lineup that features all strong defensive players. From there, I think we just trade a couple of players like Sasha, Mckie, and Cook and get a solid sixth man like Bonzi Wells. I think that would be a championship team. What do you all think?

I think its a nice attempt, but there are many reasons why this would not work. Evans at the PG would not work. Getting GW for LO does not make sense and I don't think salaries match anyway. This would not be a championship caliber team if it *was* assembled.

However, I think it is healthy to look at many different options and combinations of players just to think about it.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 01:41 PM   #15
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Mo at the point???
unless he has improved dramaticlly at his ball handling and Decision making.
Id rather have lamar at the point.
And whats all this talk about Reggie evans? hes good but if we bring him in to start? we are prob going to have some problems.
I say that La brings in Steve Blake.
that boy is a baller. And lets try Magloire... Whats the worst that can happen. We took a gamble on kwame? let phill talk to him for a bit and some time getting in shape and working with KAJ and some LA fan love. Sign him for a year. if anything he has a better down low game than kwame.(he was an allstar) By the way Kwame was a Pf...so i like this line up a little bit better
PG Blake(free agent)
SG kobe (nuff said)
SF LO(his natural position)
PF Kwame
C Magloire
and off the bench we got
Bynum, Farmer, sasha. Turiaf, mo, and fillers.
PLZ DEAL COOK,RADMANOVIC, and let go of smush,mckie,mihm, shammond???idk...if we need another guard jst keep him. just in case
dont know bout luke. If we could keep him, great
but i dont know if he's gonna wanna stay. i say trade him for blake
then sign Magloire wit Mid L.E.
MJ(Mean John) is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: