Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 05-04-2007, 02:58 AM   #1
cinemablend.com
Can barely lace up my sneakers

cinemablend.com has an OK reputation so far
Default Blow this thing up

Keep Devin and Josh, trade everyone else.

This team has been exposed and they cannot possibly bring anything even close to this team next year.

Devin and Josh are the future of this team. Everything else needs to go. Maybe keep Diop if you can, and CONSIDER keeping Dirk if they can get something really good for say JET and Damp... but it has to be a player who can be their 1a so that Dirk can be 1b. If they can't get that without trading Dirk, then Dirk needs to go.
cinemablend.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:39 AM   #2
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board
Default Re: Blow this thing up

Dirk for Juwon Howard and Kirk Snyder.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:46 AM   #3
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Oh boy, here they go. Don't go into panic mode. You guys can win with the talent that you have. Wasn't this the same team that went to the Finals last year and had 67 wins this year? Don't go into panic mode.

Last edited by JellyBean : 05-05-2007 at 05:52 PM.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:56 AM   #4
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

the Mavs have no problem winning... a non-Don Nelson team...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:48 AM   #5
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

The worst thing they can do now is overreact. Their flaws have been exposed to the point they cannot be ignored. They have to resist knee-jerking. See what is the best course to take with the team and make moves in that direction. They have a bit to work with as far as players with value to trade or players to keep. They have no money to play with. Now it's time for Donnie to step up and show what kind of GM he is.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:20 PM   #6
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

Well it was nice to see them knocked off their pedestal, Dallas is still an excellent team. If you guys could get center that could generate some decent post offense you would just about unstoppable.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:29 PM   #7
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Just be patient. They have a good team. Dirk needs to muscle up in the offseason.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:05 PM   #8
Mavs4ever

Mavs4ever has an OK reputation so far

Im really hurt.. but then again, we need an offensive minded center, say Pau Gasol and a pure shooter like Mike Miller/Kyle Korver.
Mavs4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:49 PM   #9
-primetime-

Dirk for Garnett

and I think the wolves would actually be happy to do this trade...
Old 05-05-2007, 12:09 PM   #10
sunsruleoveryou

sunsruleoveryou has an OK reputation so far

Dirk for draft pick from hawks(4-7),Bell and Diaw.
sunsruleoveryou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:37 PM   #11
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

here is what the Mavs need to do.

Get a PG that can distribute. This could be Harris if the guys could stay out of foul trouble. If he would pick and choose when he was trying to draw charges better he would surely take over the starting spot from Terry.

Get a REAL SG so the Mavs aren't forced to play small PGs. This gets them killed against teams with big Gs like, oh I dunno, Golden State. DeShawn Stevenson and Mikael Pietrus should be available this summer and they should be targeted.

Get a new 6th man. Stackhouse just doesn't cut it anymore. He is too old and too inefficient to be the main source of offense off the bench. Plus all he ever does is one on one stuff and it grinds the already plodding offense to a halt in the half court. If the Mavs are able to get a legit starting SG and don't trade Harris or Terry, than Terry would be perfect as a 6th man.

Get more versatile bench players. Buckner is ghastly on offense and can't do a damn thing other than take set 3 pointers in rhythm. His offense is so bad it completely offsets whatever good his overrated defense does for the team.

George can stay but only as the 8th man at best.

A true backup to Dirk is needed. A chump like Croshere is just wasted space. I don't care how good a locker room guy he is.

Also, they may really need to think about unloading Dampier for a more athletic C. But that is likely impossible unless the Nuggets want to give the Mavs Cotton Camby.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:04 PM   #12
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
here is what the Mavs need to do.

Get a PG that can distribute. This could be Harris if the guys could stay out of foul trouble. If he would pick and choose when he was trying to draw charges better he would surely take over the starting spot from Terry.

Get a REAL SG so the Mavs aren't forced to play small PGs. This gets them killed against teams with big Gs like, oh I dunno, Golden State. DeShawn Stevenson and Mikael Pietrus should be available this summer and they should be targeted.

Get a new 6th man. Stackhouse just doesn't cut it anymore. He is too old and too inefficient to be the main source of offense off the bench. Plus all he ever does is one on one stuff and it grinds the already plodding offense to a halt in the half court. If the Mavs are able to get a legit starting SG and don't trade Harris or Terry, than Terry would be perfect as a 6th man.

Get more versatile bench players. Buckner is ghastly on offense and can't do a damn thing other than take set 3 pointers in rhythm. His offense is so bad it completely offsets whatever good his overrated defense does for the team.

George can stay but only as the 8th man at best.

A true backup to Dirk is needed. A chump like Croshere is just wasted space. I don't care how good a locker room guy he is.

Also, they may really need to think about unloading Dampier for a more athletic C. But that is likely impossible unless the Nuggets want to give the Mavs Cotton Camby.

I agree with just about all of this

the problem is you say we need "this and that" but the fact is there is no "this and that" available...

that is why I think we should keep most of the main roster and just trade Dirk for KG and see what happens
Old 05-07-2007, 05:14 AM   #13
cinemablend.com

At the least, I think Terry and Damp need to go. Maybe trade them for a better center, make Devin your starting PG, and start Stackhouse as your SG if you have to (though you'd better find a good backup).

But I really have no confidence in Dirk to shake this disaster off. I fear him being a shell of his former self next year. I think he needs a change of scenery at this point.

On the other hand, unless you can trade him for Garnett, I don't know how they can get anyone better unless they trade him for a number one draft pick or something.

As for the rest of the team... sorry Devean George is every bit as bad as Buckner... and worse because Avery has waaaay too much unfounded confidence in him. If he stays with the team, he'll never be an 8, he'll always get playing time he doesn't deserve. Get him OUT.

Don't resign Stack, unless in trading away Terry they're unable to get a replacement starting SG. Then they really need Stack, and after his inconsistency in the playoffs maybe his price will be a bit lower than it would have been.

Dip, Devin, and Josh Howard need to stay. If there's any future for this thing it is in them. Dirk... maybe but risky. All this talk of him muscling up in the post season or whatever is ridiculous. Dirk is what he is, and it is unfair of anyone to expect him to make those kinds of massive changes in his game. It will not happen. You saw what Dirk is. Expect nothing better... and fear something worse if his head isnt' right.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:27 AM   #14
cinemablend.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
Even an athletic, very young, tall, energy guy might work better in this role than Croshere. Somebody who can play around the rim a little bit. Croshere really TRIES to play around the rim, but he's really just a spot up jump shooter and not a very good one at that... which is why the Mavs barely played him during the regular season.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:42 AM   #15
Mavs4ever

Mavs4ever has an OK reputation so far

i agree, get Marcus Camby.
Mavs4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: